• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foamstars Open Beta starts on September 29

Draugoth

Gold Member
7e68ff9bafc10fc29f34efaa194f48d0ec8c023d.jpg

The Foamstars Open Beta Party runs:

• September 29, 9pm PDT – October 1, 11.59pm PDT
  • September 30, 2am BST – October 2, 7.59pm BST
  • September 30, 3am CET – October 2, 8.59am CET
  • September 30, 10am JST – October 2, 3.59pm JST
During this period, you’ll be able to play without limits! What’s more, a bonus skin will be available in the full game for anyone who participates in the beta.

aclar00

I mean, there must be a market for it right? Gotta be some folks interested in this horrid looking game?

Robb

Gold Member
Splatoon is fantastic so as long as they just go all in on that this should be pretty great. Online play should be better/more stable as well I assume.

More Splatoon is only a good thing imo.

lyan

Splatoon is fantastic so as long as they just go all in on that this should be pretty great. Online play should be better/more stable as well I assume.

More Splatoon is only a good thing imo.
Is it just me thinking this will play nothing like Splatoon but closer to Fortnite with build?

Robb

Gold Member
Is it just me thinking this will play nothing like Splatoon but closer to Fortnite with build?
Why? We know what it plays like:

It’s 4v4 just like Splatoon and even the super-attacks looks almost identical. Main difference being the foam allows for some verticality.

lyan

Why? We know what it plays like:

It’s 4v4 just like Splatoon and even the super-attacks looks almost identical. Main difference being the foam allows for some verticality.

I feel the lack of swim form and verticality is going to define the gameplay most and separates it from Splatoon, retaining only the projectile's behavior.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I feel the lack of swim form and verticality is going to define the gameplay most and separates it from Splatoon, retaining only the projectile's behavior.
They basically have the swim form with the surfboards, although you lose the stealth element I guess.

But let’s hope it can find its own identity.

Top Bottom