• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Follow @OperationKosMos if you want to make Xenosaga HD a reality

Avallon

https://twitter.com/OperationKosMos

Katsuhiro Harada said:
To Xenosaga fan community.

I do understand that you all are desiring "Xenosaga HD collection".
Also, I do appreciate all your passionate comments.
I do understand your feeling to "tweet every day until the day Xenosaga HD collection comes real".
However, what I need in order to achieve your dream, is not to have tweets from the "same person" sent to me every day.
It has been a long time since Xenosaga has been released.
It really brings back memories of those days they were developing the first Xenosaga staying up all night, when the TEKKEN Project was also staying up all night on the same floor at office.

A while back, triggered by the overseas version of Project X zone, I have conducted a research and calculated if there is a business chance for Xenosaga HD remaster.
It was a very simple research at that time. Yet, research does cost money.
And at that time, I was not able to seek business chance.
In other words, I was not able to find the necessary market size that will pay for the development fee needed to create the HD remaster.
Back then, the reactions on SNS and unique users were rather few in number.
It may be that I didn't work hard enough.
Measures such as kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.
To be honest, I was about to give up and I'm troubled.

What I need, are the voices from many fans.
This is a little different from having "messages sent every day from the same person".
Although I do understand the deep love for the game, more than that, the cheers from as many "unique users" as possible is what is needed.

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like "I'll buy 100 copies!". Most companies will not believe in it.
It is not realistic for one person to tweet 100 times every day, or buy 100 copies alone.
It's more realistic if you bring 10 fans to the game (not to mention, it wouldn't mean anything by having the same person suddenly creating alternate accounts. I will be able to tell those).

What's important in these kinds of cases is the number of unique users.
It means more to have 100 people mentioning they want the game one time, rather than having one person repeating it 100 times.
A miracle would happen if several tens of thousands are gathered at the end.
Of course, involvement from the company is needed for this but...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's more like why I would bother with something that is not on my available platforms. If it's some new IP, then sure, but it's a HD collection of all things.
Someone would bother because they are a Xenosaga fan or would like a chance to experience these games without a PS2. If you don't want to support a chance, so be it.

Kuja9001

Banned
Can someone give me a rundown of this series? Never played but heard of it. This is the series with that immortal freak(forgot his name) who gets off on cutting off his body parts?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Besides that Albedo thing where in the western version he no longer submerged his hand inside MOMO what other censorship happened?
Absolutely hilarious censorship of blood in 3. Affects one of the most important scenes in the game.

Looking forward to the @OperationMokKos parody account

profile_picture_by_mok_kos-d5izvg1.jpg

Arcayne

Hmm, I have fond memories of the Xenosaga trilogy, but I personally don't know if I could stomache the cheesy dialogue and anime-esque presentation again. DSouls has turned me into a dark, gritty RPG lover. It has my support though!

pls change KOS-MOS's look in Episode 2. She became my least used character in that game. /shivers

mrmickfran

Followed.

I recently finished Xenoblade (fucking amazing game by the way), and I wanted to try out more games from Takahasi.

K-A-Deman

Never played a Xenosaga, but can't wait to see what would happen if they go through with making a HD Trilogy
exclusive to Wii U.

And I thought Bayonetta was entertaining...

But hey, depending on system I'll give it a shot if it happens.

Imouto

Banned
Someone would bother because they are a Xenosaga fan or would like a chance to experience these games without a PS2. If you don't want to support a chance, so be it.

No need to get on edge like that, brother. The same reason could be said for people who don't want to find a PS2 to play those games, since I don't want to buy another platform to play the HD collection. I just want to know if they have the platform in their mind or not, since when I joined those kind of things, I'm not half-ass. I did with Tales of Heart R, and I did with the localization for Digimon in the west.

impact

Banned
Never played a Xenosaga, but can't wait to see what would happen if they go through with making a HD Trilogy
exclusive to Wii U.

And I thought Bayonetta was entertaining...

But hey, depending on system I'll give it a shot if it happens.

Pretty sure this would be a PS3/PS4 title if it ever happened

K-A-Deman

Pretty sure this would be a PS3/PS4 title if it ever happened

Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo, Tetsuya Takahashi has worked with them on Xenoblade Chronicles and is now working on Xenoblade X. In addition, he spoke praises of how open and insistent Nintendo was that he achieve his vision on his terms and actively suggested that he delay XC if needed (it was) until it was to his standards. The first two games were released on the DS (I was surprised to find this out). Sony only had a claim to the first run, and they don't anymore.

Fbh

I thought this was about Xenoblade HD for a second and legit got excited. Then I re-read it and now I couldn't care less.

This!! So much This!!!.

I don't really care for the Xenosaga triology. Tried to play the first one but just found it boring. Too much boring grey areas, the combat system felt slow and the story felt unnecessarily convulted.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo, Tetsuya Takahashi has worked with them on Xenoblade Chronicles and is now working on Xenoblade X. In addition, he spoke praises of how open and insistent Nintendo was that he achieve his vision on his terms and actively suggested that he delay XC if needed (it was) until it was to his standards. The first two games were released on the DS (I was surprised to find this out). Sony only had a claim to the first run, and they don't anymore.

Banear Namco has the rights though.They probably won't need Monolithsoft at all. Anyway will follow regardless of platform.

Holmes

Besides that Albedo thing where in the western version he no longer submerged his hand inside MOMO what other censorship happened?
Young Albedo using a sort of energy ball/power to explode his head rather than a gun in a flashback in Episode 2. Although I think the energy ball makes more sense than a gun because of the URTV powers.

Corpekata

Banned
I feel like whoever is running this twitter needs a bit of a strong mission statement. Right now it's just some retweets, I guess?

BriGuy

Alternatively, who do I follow if I want all copies of Xenosaga and its programming code launched into the sun?

Hated hated hated this series. Or at least the first two games. Never played the third, but it would have to be one hell of a game to make up for the others.

Top Bottom