• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters announce new album - Concrete & Gold. Out Sept 15th

$

Foo Fighters have announced Concrete and Gold, their first new album since 2014's Sonic Highways. It's out September via Roswell/RCA. The album was produced by Greg Kurstin (Adele, Sia) and includes the recently released ”Run" and recently teased ”Lah Dee Da."

http://www.spin.com/2017/06/foo-fighters-new-album-concrete-and-gold/

Full tracklist:
  1. T-Shirt
  2. Run
  3. Make It Right
  4. The Sky Is A Neighborhood
  5. La Dee Da
  6. Dirty Water
  7. Arrows
  8. Happy Ever After (Zero Hour)
  9. Sunday Rain
  10. The Line
  11. Concrete and Gold

New tour announced too. Hope it reach europe with arenas as well.

10/07 Cal Jam 17 - San Bernardino, CA
10/14 Richmond Coliseum - Richmond, VA*
10/15 Greensboro Coliseum - Greensboro, NC*
10/17 Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC*
10/18 Thompson-Boling Arena - Knoxville, TN*
10/20 U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH*
10/21 Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY*
10/23 Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN*
10/24 FedExForum - Memphis, TN*
10/26 Legacy Arena at the BJCC - Birmingham, AL*
11/07 Kohl Center - Madison, WI
11/08 State Farm Arena - Champaign, IL
11/10 Wells Fargo Arena - Des Moines, IA
11/11 Denny Sanford Premier Arena - Sioux Falls, SD
11/13 INTRUST Bank Arena - Wichita, KS
11/15 BOK Center - Tulsa, OK
12/01 Save Mart Center - Fresno, CA
12/02 Golden 1 Center - Sacramento, CA
12/04 Spokane Arena - Spokane, WA
12/05 Matthew Knight Arena - Eugene, OR
12/07 Ford Idaho Center - Nampa, ID
12/09 Rimrock Auto Arena - Billings, MT
12/10 Casper Events Center - Casper, WY
12/12 Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City, UT

Laieon

Can't wait. Love the Foos.

I'm seeing them in August in Seoul if everything goes to plan, really looking forward to it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! Not too excited about this being loud and heavy, as I prefer their slower songs (liked Sonic Highways a lot more than Wasting Light), but I'm getting this anyway. Hopefully they'll come to South America during the tour.

New tour announced too. Hope it reach europe with arenas as well.

10/07 Cal Jam 17 - San Bernardino, CA
10/14 Richmond Coliseum - Richmond, VA*
10/15 Greensboro Coliseum - Greensboro, NC*
10/17 Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC*
10/18 Thompson-Boling Arena - Knoxville, TN*
10/20 U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH*
10/21 Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY*
10/23 Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN*
10/24 FedExForum - Memphis, TN*
10/26 Legacy Arena at the BJCC - Birmingham, AL*
11/07 Kohl Center - Madison, WI
11/08 State Farm Arena - Champaign, IL
11/10 Wells Fargo Arena - Des Moines, IA
11/11 Denny Sanford Premier Arena - Sioux Falls, SD
11/13 INTRUST Bank Arena - Wichita, KS
11/15 BOK Center - Tulsa, OK
12/01 Save Mart Center - Fresno, CA
12/02 Golden 1 Center - Sacramento, CA
12/04 Spokane Arena - Spokane, WA
12/05 Matthew Knight Arena - Eugene, OR
12/07 Ford Idaho Center - Nampa, ID
12/09 Rimrock Auto Arena - Billings, MT
12/10 Casper Events Center - Casper, WY
12/12 Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City, UT

If I didn't know these were the dates for the Foo Fighters, I would've guessed this was a Blake Shelton tour or something.

Ernest

Banned
Yeah, that's an odd set of cities for their tour, more in where they're not playing. Though I guess they've played enough in LA and NY, so time to get out to the lesser played cities.

I've liked what I've heard so far and am excited for the full album next week. Going to see them in Des Moines in November as well.

Yeah, all three songs so far have been good. The Sky Is A Neighbourhood is my favorite of them, even though I didn't like it at all the first time I heard it.

The Line sounds like a song that would be awesome live.

R00bot

This album is so fucking good. I'm glad the Foo Fighters are still kicking. I'm seeing them early next year (for the second time).

Listening to it right now. Heard first three songs and so far it feels pretty experimental imo.

*edit* Heard all the songs now. Did not really feel it at all honestly. The songs even rubbed me the wrong way which really sucks because on monday my colleague will be back from vacation, whose a HUGE fan, is going to play this nonstop all day, I can feel it. :\

Famassu

I had completely forgotten this was announced. That's how boring & bland the last album was, it made me not care about a new FF album. :S

listening to it now. Decent intro song. Run I already liked when the music video hit. Let's see about the rest of the album.

Dirty Water is by far my favorite song on the album, but I really like The Sky Is A Neighbourhood, Arrows, La Dee Da, Sunday Rain and The Line as well.

daripad

The great songs are soooo good here (Run, The Line, Arrows, Dirty Water) but I kind of feel like the production is weird, feels like some songs were made while the Foos were in a bowl, I don't know. And some songs feel like are going to feel repetitive after a while (Happy Ever After wtf), but I'll still listen to this album like every Foos release

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
They're so formulaic, and safe. Boring.

Weren't they supposed to disband like 2 or 3 albums ago?

I'm ready for their announcement of a tour, and the Red Rocks show it will probably have. Got the Gorillaz ticket, now give me the Foo.

Mission

I'm ready for their announcement of a tour, and the Red Rocks show it will probably have. Got the Gorillaz ticket, now give me the Foo.

You saw above they are already touring?

Per your comment I don't think its the whole tour. I'm hoping not because they aren't coming anywhere near me. But there are a number of USA shows there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Album absolutely rules. Total classic rock feel that I'm digging. The last song reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd
A friend told me exactly the same thing, which is great. Going to listen to the album later, here's hoping I like it as much as Sonic Highways.

Top Bottom