• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters announce new album - Concrete & Gold. Out Sept 15th

stressboy

Looking forward to listening to this on my drive home later.

Have tickets to see them in Eugene in December. Can't wait! They are awesome live.

After listening through I really miss old Foo Fighters, their last great album for me was Wasting Light. I have no desire to listen to this album again which is kind of sad.

acevans2

Anyone get tickets for one of the tour stops? Richmond show sold out instantly and the floor tickets have been price gouged out of this world since. I've never seen a show I wanted to go to have a higher barrier to entry.

Doesn't do much for me, but since TCATS i've enjoyed a few songs but the albums have been mostly meh.

I prefer my Grohl served behind a drum kit.

After listening through I really miss old Foo Fighters, their last great album for me was Wasting Light. I have no desire to listen to this album again which is kind of sad.

You miss the old Foo Fighters, while you think that their seventh album out of their nine now released is great? With that seventh album being released six years ago, when they have been a band for 22 years. ;)

Wasting Light and this album is pretty similiar in style as well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wasting Light seemed like a breath of fresh air (IMO) because it was the first official album where Pat was back for recording.

Felt like since then it's just been Foo on cruse.

Not bad. Just boring.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just listened to the album. I didn't like it much. and it makes me sad. Found it boring, and none of the songs blew my mind or anything. Not that it's bad, but it's plain and kinda generic. Not even the title track, which has been said by several people to sound like Pink Floyd, was particularly good.

I hope my opinion changes after a few repeated listens. So far, my opinion is negative, and to me it ranks among disc 1 of In Your Honor as the worst FF album.

This is fantastic. I don't understand how people say this is generic... Of course it sounds like foos but there is a lot of deviation from past records

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Happy ever after is such a pleasantly morbid song.
It's like bizarro Beatles.

A lot of this album gives me a pink Floyd vibe too.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
ughhhhhhh, not really feeling this. It's slow, but still.
Skin & Bones is one of my favorite live albums/concerts. Just to say I love slow.

Doodis

As much as I love Foo Fighters, count me in the group that thinks their last great work was Wasting Light. Sonic Highways was ok—felt more like a vanity project with the documentary series, but still okay.

This album just feels tepid to me. Reminds me of In Your Honor. A couple great songs, and way too much filler. Had to return to the new Queens of the Stone Age album to listen to great music all the way through.

Jules

Neo Member
Saw Foo tonight in Knoxville, TN and I'll just tell ya, if they're close GO! They played for three hours nonstop! Awesome show!! Sang a lot of the new songs and Taylor sang Sunday Rain with his drums on an elevated platform. SO good!

Saw Foo tonight in Knoxville, TN and I'll just tell ya, if they're close GO! They played for three hours nonstop! Awesome show!! Sang a lot of the new songs and Taylor sang Sunday Rain with his drums on an elevated platform. SO good!

Going to the Des Moines show in early November and can't fucking wait. Foo always puts on a great show.

Top Bottom