• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage from 2003's cancelled Daredevil game

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
sqJm879rTXW9F3FYg9js7H.jpg

Back in 2003, Daredevil was supposed to get his own game on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. Unfortunately, the game was cancelled, but some footage has now found its way online.
The Kingpin, Bullseye, and Elektra all appear in their comic book attire, while locations like Hell's Kitchen and a boxing arena were also set to be locations the action would have headed to.

By today's standards, it looks pretty tame, but this isn't a finished version of the game. The video above is well worth a watch (Black Widow was also set to appear), and it looks like we'd be able to swing around New York City courtesy of Daredevil's Billy Club.
As for why Daredevil was cancelled, it boils down to issues behind the scenes.​

Imagine a VR Daredevil game, I don't even know if I'm expressing it properly, that visually is like some sonar pulses in your FoV which is pitch black and uses 3D audio specifically to give us cues about enemy type, location, attacks, environment and ambient noises etc. I don't think a game like this would ever be made but it would only work properly in VR.

Top Bottom