• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Whelan: "Malky's been so unlucky...he's done a little bit wrong...he's apologised..it's one of those things...he's had plenty of stick"

wat

no

stop

help

He's like Redknapp turned up to 11.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan · 2 mins2 minutes ago
Whelan: "Malky's been so unlucky...he's done a little bit wrong...he's apologised..it's one of those things...he's had plenty of stick"

:looooooooooooooool

Amazing

Wilbur

Banned
It's 6 weeks out for #dstudge.

Again? Jesus.

And here I am thinking peacocks were flightless birds. Silly me.

The_Other_Guys_movie_image_Will_Ferrell-8-600x399.jpg

Meier

Pelle was shit at everything in life not that long ago

Di Natale was a late late bloomer (31!) as well

It can happen but it's like a 1 in a 100 chance rather than a 90% chance like Kid Jr is hoping for with Welbeck. At his age and after that much professional football, it's unlikely Welbeck is going to literally improve in every component of his game and become an elite level player. Most of the time -- what you see after that much time is what you get for a very long period with eventual regression being more likely than progression. I don't think there's any reason to believe he'll ever score more than 10-12 goals consistently.

LOL ur avatar hitcher, we are well and truly dead.

well if we're dying, i just want to an upfront two of markovic and borini

That front 2 would make me throw my TV out the window

Balotelli and Borini is our best shot. They have 0 league goals between them. Throw Lambert into the mix, and there'd still be 0 league goals. Pathetic. Season over.

ballotelli is dead atm is he not?

Oh yeah. Whatever will we do? Maybe raid a nearby field and plant a fucking scarecrow up front.

Fuck our summer business. Ruined everything.

Play Borini up front on his own, with Sterling and Lallana close to him. 4-3-3 with Henderson and Can in front of Lucas. We don't have to play 4-4-2 to give the striker more support than he's had.

WJD

There's a signed pair of Falcao's boots up for auction at this Cheeky Girl event tonight.

Might dip my toe in.

There's also signed Cazorla and Giroud boots and an Arsenal shirt signed by the whole team from 2008.

edit: plus some signed cricket stuff but fuck that noise

tri_willy

Oh yeah. Whatever will we do? Maybe raid a nearby field and plant a fucking scarecrow up front.

Fuck our summer business. Ruined everything.

Play Borini up front on his own, with Sterling and Lallana close to him. 4-3-3 with Henderson and Can in front of Lucas. We don't have to play 4-4-2 to give the striker more support than he's had.

i believe hendo is also injured as well... we are somewhat thin on our starting 11 at this stage. i wonder if a double pivot of lucas and can would work... would rely big time on coutinho and lallana to create shit on the field. sterling should have a free role where we can exploit his pace. lambert is too much of a lumbering oaf to be starting presently.

as far as attacking comes, our strikers bar sturry will have a collective of a donut of goals. shit needs to change come this wknd

is it worth giving young rossiter a run this wknd?

i believe hendo is also injured as well... we are somewhat thin on our starting 11 at this stage. i wonder if a double pivot of lucas and can would work... would rely big time on coutinho and lallana to create shit on the field. sterling should have a free role where we can exploit his pace. lambert is too much of a lumbering oaf to be starting presently.

as far as attacking comes, our strikers bar sturry will have a collective of a donut of goals. shit needs to change come this wknd

is it worth giving young rossiter a run this wknd?

Think Henderson was just dropped for his poor performance against Slovenia, and his general lack of form all season. Lambert should be gone by February imo, he's clearly past it. He seems about 10 years older than he did last season.

Can seems surprisingly good at carrying the ball up the pitch, don't see why he couldn't work with Lucas, but I'd still rather have someone else helping out in CM

Think Henderson was just dropped for his poor performance against Slovenia, and his general lack of form all season. Lambert should be gone by February imo, he's clearly past it. He seems about 10 years older than he did last season.

Can seems surprisingly good at carrying the ball up the pitch, don't see why he couldn't work with Lucas, but I'd still rather have someone else helping out in CM

Roy said Henderson was carrying an injury which is why he didn't play against Scotland, although apparently Henderson wanted to and was able to play.

Roy said Henderson was carrying an injury which is why he didn't play against Scotland, although apparently Henderson wanted to and was able to play.

Hmm. Sounds like a late fitness test situation to me.

Don't think anyone in the squad could complain about the likes of Rossiter being given a shot, none of them have really earned their place aside from Skrtel, Moreno and Manquillo. Even Sterling has been below par since Sturridge got injured.

The worry is what it would do to Rossiter if he played badly, certainly tough to assume that he'd be worse than the others.

Damn, word on the street is Matic is getting a new contract and a massive pay raise to ward off interest from Real Madrid. NICE

He only just signed a year ago and got lots of time left. But well, he deserves a pay rise with his importance to the team, he's probably a good bit below most of them. Now get Hazard too soon pls

Meier

Gotta head to jury duty. Courthouse is downtown with no free parking.. but they won't validate your parking pass for the garage nearby. I gotta pay money to be a juror. That's some bullshit.

EuvEO5Z.png

I'm not even sure we'll be able to connect, lol. Well, me and rvy for sure, and Jack cw is German (unlike Bla), so he should be able to ...

How can you not know this? I bragged about winning one for a month.

FF's lag will be an advantage for once :p

For some reason my brain never connected the dots between 'Zabo has a PS4' and 'add Zabo'

Top Bottom