• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For peeps who are working out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
How do I go about buying a good and cheap set of weights so I can do some weight lifting at home? I f'king hate gyms and I'd like a small and conveniant set that I could use at home to do the weight lifting. Any suggestions?

kumanoki

Malakhov said:
How do I go about buying a good and cheap set of weights so I can do some weight lifting at home? I f'king hate gyms and I'd like a small and conveniant set that I could use at home to do the weight lifting. Any suggestions?

I don't know about you, but I have a set of 5kg barbells I use for strength training. I practice Japanese archery, so I hold the barbells at different heights for different periods of time , working my arms, shoulders, and back.

I think you should be able to buy a decent set of barbells at any sports shop.

People sell them in classified ads and at yard sales, you can get them really cheap that way. Or you could go to a sporting goods store and buy them. Stores like Wal-Mart and Target also might have some in their sporting goods sections.

Also I would suggest a regiment of push ups. I've been doing sets of pushups before bed and when I get up. I have seen a big difference.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I bought 600 lbs of steel weights and a weight tree for storage, an olympic bar, and a heavy duty chin/dip station and two 6x4x1 inch rubber mats for my basement.

Only set me back 1200 bucks after tax, delivery, and set up.

I love it. :D

Tedesco!

Dick's Sporting Goods is having a sale on wieghts right now. I don't remember the price because I wasn't paying attention, but give them a shor if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom