• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The HighPoly USA Questions Megathread

I'm thankful I bought my house when I did, back in 2018 it was fairly priced, in 3 short years, my houses property value "raised" nearly 80k. Sucks, as our taxes go up significantly every year, but it's still way less than what I know young adults are paying in rent. I can't imagine trying just starting a life right now as an adult and trying to live on your own. It's nearly impossible for every patron I talk to while bartending, most are 22-25 y/o with at least 2 roommates and still kinda scraping by.

I remember when I was 18 around here, you could rent a 5 bedroom house on a golf course for like $750. That same place would be going for nearly 3.8k a month in rent. Housing prices are insane right now and I highly doubt it's gonna stop any time soon. We've had the problem here where the mass exodus of liberal states are coming to the south east and massively fucking up everything for everyone.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My brother in law was a highway patrolman back in the day and took me on a few ride alongs in his Crown Vic interceptor. Going 140MPH on the interstate to chase down speeders going the opposite direction was pretty fun for me as a teenager

HighPoly

Banned
My brother in law was a highway patrolman back in the day and took me on a few ride alongs in his Crown Vic interceptor. Going 140MPH on the interstate to chase down speeders going the opposite direction was pretty fun for me as a teenager
AMAZING ! ! !

I'd like to buy one of them, but I live in Brazil, and I don't really know how it costs... Maybe expensive as hell!
I mean, the car is cheaper, but the importation must be complex... $$$

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Going 140MPH on the interstate to chase down speeders going the opposite direction was pretty fun
Was the thinking that the car would put out so much power that it would spin the earth under it and that locations that were behind it would be pulled ahead of it? That's some torque alright.

Shodai

And millions of folks pouring into the country, squeezing citizens out of their rental properties. Big problem incoming!

Kings Field

Come illegally.

They’ll put you in a $500/night hotel in New York, free cellphone, food, clothes, etc.

Plus, if you’re into it, all the fat white women you could ever imagine.

American Wrestling GIF

diffusionx

Gold Member
There was a NYC Police Museum, which had old cars and stuff on display, but it closed and no word on when it is coming back.

I feel you OP. I'm also Brazilian and I also would love to leave this country. There are things I love here, but there's justo so much I don't agree with.

Kinda hard for me now, married and broke lol.

Someday my bro CrustyBritches CrustyBritches will help me find a place in the US. :messenger_tongue: jk

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Don't do it unless you are really rich and don't eat much. Everything is expensive, food prices are through the stratosphere nearly orbiting the Moon.

the office no GIF

HighPoly

Banned
Does anyone know if I could find some action figure store in Manhattan?
Well, I don't care if used action figures or newer ones...

I have an amazing collection, but here in Brazil I can't find some specific models...
I'm going next year to NY, and I'll visit Queens, Brooklyn and New Jersey too...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I believe Hong Kong is the only place where Hot Toys have an actual store themselves.

Try Forbidden Planet on Broadway. I haven't been in there in many years, but the UK branches always stock Hot Toys.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
I believe Hong Kong is the only place where Hot Toys have an actual store themselves.

Try Forbidden Planet on Broadway. I haven't been in there in many years, but the UK branches always stock Hot Toys.
Jesus! What a poor store...
The physical toy stores are disappearing!
sad

if you're visiting Manhattan, would it be possible to email or call the stores ahead of time and see if they have or can get what you want?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have used bigbadtoystore for years and I have been very impressed with that they have. Pay $3-$4 for collector grade and the package comes to your door in excellent condition.

Here is one of my most recent purchases:
IMG-9605.jpg

The box was in excellent condition. I’d get more but they get pricey after a while.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Does anyone know if I could find some action figure store in Manhattan?
Well, I don't care if used action figures or newer ones...

I have an amazing collection, but here in Brazil I can't find some specific models...
I'm going next year to NY, and I'll visit Queens, Brooklyn and New Jersey too...
OneSixthkit is a the fella you want. Great prices and customer service and free worldwide shipping.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I LOVE a good lobster roll. There are a few places in Dallas that do them well, and a few places that do them quite terrible.

Went to Boston last fall and had a couple. Wanted to get one of the famous ones from Neptune Oyster, but couldn't bear to wait the 3 hour wait.

Codes 208

I have, but not the good stuff. Being from the midwest we have maybe a small handful of places that sell it and frankly $21 isnt worth the single hotdog bun-sized serving

nkarafo

Lobster is considered an expensive delicacy but despite my poor ass i had a lot, to the point of getting sick of it, because my father was a fisherman by trade.

HighPoly

Banned
Ok... What's the first plan?

Does anyone have any warning or trick?

I don't really know the diferences between Brazillian and American girls...
Next year I'll take a look at some of them in NY :messenger_sad_relieved:

I had a Girlfriend, but since I broke up I didn't search anybody... I mean, depression, bipolar disorder and suicide thoughts...
Now I'm pretty fine, with my treatments, medicines and the love of my family...
I'm studying my second university, doing my hobbies...

I know the majority of people here will make fun of this thread, but I'm looking for the realistic good intention of some of you :messenger_confused:

Aces High

The trick to finding a girlfriend is to date multiple girls.

It's a psychological thing.

If you only focus on one girl, you will appear needy and unattractive.

If you date multiple girls, you can afford to lose which will make you irresistible.

And always remember: There are 4 billion females on this planet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom