• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the x cloud Starfield players, here’s my initial impressions, please share yours!

Maddux4164

I’ve got a lowly Xbox One X (tbh with an SSD this could run easily on here)

My initial impressions after about an hour…

I am shocked it works firstly. I’m sure many people are bogging up the servers. It works and without a problem

It’s obviously only 30fps for some reason. There’s definitely a small delay… really small… in button presses. But I feel I’ve already accounted for that in just getting used to it.

It’s not an ideal way to play but it’s 100% playable if that’s the option you have

Graphics look nice. No idea what “settings” these are on.

What say you all?

hlm666

It’s obviously only 30fps for some reason.
It's because they use xbox hardware in the data centre and your playing the xbox version. So you should get a 60fps stream if the game your playing is 60fps on the xsx and using whatever settings the xsx version uses.

Maddux4164

It's because they use xbox hardware in the data centre and your playing the xbox version. So you should get a 60fps stream if the game your playing is 60fps on the xsx and using whatever settings the xsx version uses.
Definitely feels 30. Although I’m no fps guru tbh.

Flabagast

Its the only option for me so I think I will try it.

Is there cross save with the regular Xbox and PC version ?

Cyberpunkd

I'd rather get a smack in the head with a pole than play something from a cloud server.
Old man yelling at the cloud.

Sarcastic Well Done GIF by CBC

I will try it on GeForce now at some point, I hope BG3 on Mac launches today, if not I read the Mac port of NMS is bonkers.

Last edited:

T-Cake

My PC only manages 1080p30 on low settings so I'm pretty sure the XSX version in the cloud should look much better. Just going to try it right now. The only thing that will be worse is the UI - 4K on PC but 1080p on cloud.

T-Cake

This is all a bit weird - how can you have an Xbox cloud game but no sound? Nothing is muted, the Windows drivers are all working properly and I can watch YouTube just fine.

Top Bottom