• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: MLB team values hit record high average of $1.2b, up 48% from previous year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeToast

Banned
As long as ticket prices go up and TV deals are what they are then the MLB can keep making their money and losing fans, especially young ones. They should be making some real changes to balance the schedule and eliminate interleague play (and maybe the DH; crossing my fingers), and have playoff and World Series games start at decent hours.

As long as ticket prices go up and TV deals are what they are then the MLB can keep making their money and losing fans, especially young ones. They should be making some real changes to balance the schedule and eliminate interleague play (and maybe the DH; crossing my fingers), and have playoff and World Series games start at decent hours.
How would eliminating interleague play and the DH attract new fans? If anything adding the DH in the NL would be more likely to attract younger fans. And eliminating interleague is impossible without moving a team from one league to the other. I feel like your proposals would only be interesting to the really old school fans who complain that the game isn't as good as it was when Mantle and Mays were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom