• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forever Knight seems like the forgotten vampire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Knight

Forever Knight is a Canadian television series about Nick Knight, an 800-year old vampire working as a police detective in modern day Toronto. Wracked with guilt for centuries of killing others, he seeks redemption by working as a cop on the night shift while struggling to find a way to become human again. The series premiered on 5 May 1992 and concluded with the third season finale on 17 May 1996.

m7qYb.jpg

Hulu has the first two season up
http://www.hulu.com/search?query=forever+knight&st=1

Is it my nostalgia or was this pretty darn good considering the budget and laid the groundwork for other series afterwards at least in terms of show setup like Angel(not quality wise calm down you), Vampire Dairies, Moonlight.

Nigel Bennett as LaCroix was awesome.

parts of the movie it was based on, Nick Knights, were filmed at my uncles junkyard in North Hollywood. He made us watch that shit so many times just for the scene where he walks through the background. Fuckin Rick Springfield.

Cardon

I watched the show back in the day and loved it, aside from the craptacular final season. Definitely feel it's a bit underrated if not forgotten but I chalk that up to the somewhat poor syndication and re-airings the show had. The station that carried it in Chicago showed it at like 10:35pm on Saturday so it seemed like it didn't have a prime time slot in the U.S. compared to the Canadian network that aired it.

But it's nice that the show is on Hulu now and hopefully more folks will check it out. And yes, Nigel Bennett was amazing as LaCroix.

AkuMifune

Banned
I used to watch this show when I was falling to sleep late at night. Think I liked the movie it was based on too, but it's been years.

Holy crap, is that Nobody? :lol

Shiv47

I enjoyed this back in the day, though the final season was shitty, when some of the original cast had bailed. It had that Highlander format, where every episode had to have a flashback element tying into the modern day plot. Decent enough show. The main character drank cow blood he kept in a fridge, as I recall?

HeySeuss

Wow I used to watch this show and I actually liked it. Not sure how well it would hold up today watching it again though.

I used to watch this and a Dracula-themed show that I can no longer remember. I remember Knight being a fairly cool character.

Medalion said:
Fairly certain this show inspired Angel

I think that was probably more of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer thing.

I know what you mean, and I agree.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Medalion said:
I still remember this show, cuz I'm canadian and old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIEG3JYtg <---the intro

I'm not Canadian and I remember both the intro of Forever Knight and Due South (bonus point: I even watched The Raccoons, motherfucker!)

Yeah, watching that intro brings back memories of late night Sky One when I was in primary school. Star Trek TNG would be on from 10pm-11pm, Forever Knight had the 11pm time. I'd go to bed at around 11.20pm.

A great show from back when the Sci-Fi channel knew what was up. I think it was my first vampire TV series...with the second a fair bit later being that shortlived mini-series thing on FOX whose name escapes me at the moment---modern setting, had clan stuff going on like Brouha (Brewha?), and so on.

Enron

Banned
sooperkool said:
This was good stuff. Makes me think of Silk Stalkings too.

Yep. Both were part of a rotation of really-shitty late night shows on CBS in the early 90s.

Mitzi Kapture though was <3

Ceres

Banned
Angelus Errare said:
wtf is Moonlight?

A show that came 1 year too early to get swept up in the Twilight craze. Got canceled by CBS like 6 episodes into the first season. Main vampire is the main detective on Hawaii 5-0.

Fritz

Ripclawe said:
Is it my nostalgia or was this pretty darn good considering the budget and laid the groundwork for other series afterwards at least in terms of show setup like Angel(not quality wise calm down you), Vampire Dairies, Moonlight.

I love their milkshakes!

I remember that show, but strangely I never watched it. Funny, considering I loved everything "Vampire". I was probably in my early teens and thought this wasn't good enough for my eclectic taste.

Enosh

Ceres said:
A show that came 1 year too early to get swept up in the Twilight craze. Got canceled by CBS like 6 episodes into the first season. Main vampire is the main detective on Hawaii 5-0.
I liked Moonlight

and Blood Ties

oh and the most forgoten vampire show has to be

Cl%C3%A3s.JPG

if you are reading this you are proving my point :p it's Kindred: The Embraced

no, "dracula: the series" is the forgotten vampire show. I haven't met another person who remembered it even existed in decades.

Ripclawe

Banned
Manmademan said:
no, "dracula: the series" is the forgotten vampire show. I haven't met another person who remembered it even existed in decades.

I remember that as well.:lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula:_The_Series
Geraint Wyn Davies, who played Gustav's son Klaus, who'd been turned into a vampire. He went on to play the vampire Nick Knight in the series Forever Knight.

and a young Mia Kirshner who played a vampire on Vampire Diaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom