• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Goddamn, you did not just post a Diario Gol article.

I mean your sources have always been questionable, when they existed at all, but this is a new low.

lol, never heard of the site before, but how are my Honda postings questionable? Infos I post come straight from Hasegawa or Yamamoto from Japanese media interviews.

- Alonso's Suzuka PU is fine to reuse, couldn't find the hydraulic leak in time so swapped in a fresh unit

- Close to overtaking Renault in performance

- FIA didn't allow them to use their qualifying mode at Suzuka after a regulation clampdown

- Toro Rosso happy at the size of the PU, will allow them to create a better chassis

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nissan will replace Renault in Formula E
Motorsport

Autosport in their Plus section writing that Audi is apparently having a nice pace advantage compared to other F-E teams.

BigAl1992

How the hell does something like his happen?

Motorsport could cease in the European Union amid an insurance crisis unless the sport's businesses and employees reply to an EU consultation by October 20, according to the UK’s Motorsport Industry Association.

The consultation is into the VNUK ruling – which applies to all 27 EU member states – and was made by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in September 2014. It requires compulsory unlimited third-party liability insurance to be carried by anyone using any form of motorised transport, in any location.

That includes everything from ride-on lawnmowers and tractors to single-seater and saloon competition vehicles – even at private venues like race circuits – throughout the EU.

This means crashes in motorsport events would be treated as road traffic accidents, and would involve the police as would any road traffic collision.

Chris Aylett, chief executive officer of the MIA, is calling on any employer or business in European motorsport to respond to the EU Consultation and has provided guidelines to help them do so.

“This threat is real, make no mistake, it could close down all motorsport [in countries in the EU],” said Aylett.

“My appeal will safeguard jobs and the industry. If you want to protect your job in motorsport then make sure your employer responds before the deadline of October 20.

“The EU offers an option, known as Option 3, where their insurance requirement applies ‘in traffic only’. If we succeed in getting this option supported then motorsport will be safe.”

Zeknurn

I'd take anything anything the UK says about the EU with a large grain of salt.

Nissan will replace Renault in Formula E
Motorsport

Autosport in their Plus section writing that Audi is apparently having a nice pace advantage compared to other F-E teams.

I wonder if Nissan having a Formula E team will change my perception of their Leaf as a shitty EV.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I wonder if Nissan having a Formula E team will change my perception of their Leaf as a shitty EV.

They’re great EVs, actually. So long as you don’t have to look at it from the outside.

The mk2 is looking a touch better.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I thought Renault wanted to sell electric cars, and being Formula-E champions is good advertisement.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Who knew that a Slovenian farmer falling off a ladder could potentially lead to the end of motorsports in Europe.

I think it is more of insurance agency fault :p

Insurance agencies in Slovenia are goldmine for weird cases - another one should hit European court of justice soon. Lightning strike damaged the electrical grid in the house and robotic lawnmower got fried. Family had a full house and property insurance (which covers everything, from pets, household appliances to gardening equipment). And insurance company filled a claim that robotic lawnmower is not a gardening equipment. :D

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Gasly to contest Super Formula instead of the Austin GP? https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasly-austin-super-formula-finale-964670/

Unsure who'd run besides Kvyat.

Picture of Maldonado unrelated.

2771036-maldo_3095887.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Watch Jenson jump into the TR, just for the lulz.

Or, er...someone completely random like JEV*, Buemi* or a Rossi**

*Yeah I know they wouldn't do it.

** Not Valentino, obviously.

Zeknurn

Liberty media should run a elimination bracket pitting every eligible driver up against each other and have fans vote on social media.

Fisico

At least Pastor got a podium.

Que tal Pastor? Que genial.
Oyyy pastor!

He's bigger than that, he's a F1 world champion maker!
Had he failed spectaculary, as he's usually doing, instead of winning the Barcelone race Alonso would have score 7 more points and Vettel 2 more points.

With a 3 points lead for Vettel at the end of the season it's clear that it was Maldonado who made the difference.

Top Bottom