• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fort Solis |OT| You're invited to a dark and stormy night... on Mars

image.png

image.png

image.png

7be213a502fd0b2821dbf0c2737914e353f8f1bf.jpg

c89e2c0d5d70d53084deb90c0c8fc9dbf824d991.png

image.png

35fe02dc6be93542424b2de07ff86cddd15d6217.jpg

SOL_GIF_Steam_2.gif

image.png

image.png

image.png

Solis Crew #1 - Jack Leary (Played by Roger Clark)
f12d38c710db858ea949e9f11d6a6f84bc7eff66.jpg

83b7264e34b718423a47296878fc242e978aea3d.jpg

Solis Crew #2 - Wyatt Taylor (Played by Troy Baker)

142f87887d0fa2379304c20b76972d0bd6d31e48.jpg

967ea45deeac867fe7799a9d494641db3f96c4dd.jpg

Solis Crew #3 - Jessica Appleton (Played by Julia Brown)

29a3da185aa39806b3e2d57c5cd53a4ffa1c3b43.jpg

7542885c2b9dda91b245b54cc35303ce6d587351.jpg

Last edited:
Game Information

Game Title: Fort Solis

Platforms:
  • PlayStation 5 (Aug 22, 2023)
  • PC (Aug 22, 2023)
Trailer:
Developers: Fallen Leaf, Black Drakkar Games

Publisher: Dear Villagers

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 63 average - 38% recommended
Metacritic - 65 based on 30 Critic Reviews

North American PS5 physical version releases on August 25, 2023.

Fort-Solis-PS5_06-15-23.jpg

Limited Edition PS5 Boxed Version of Fort Solis comes to Europe on October 8, 2023.

czd95U3pwgKE72g2xw0yIyqds5tvcZCXxeSerWTWDm4WG3PTbJ1DTFWWusoqBnZRiHCmxTFsxdRsbNRqsAmR5OZmqi2U7OqVOjYFbbDYHLk9kYGy9nvzGy_u5wC2zZc4eCboztAROnk3

FAQ (frequently asked questions)

Fort Solis is a condensed narrative thriller set on Mars, with exploration, nerve-racking set pieces, and a deep plot to discover.

Fort Solis is told across four chapters, each roughly an hour in length. Like a Netflix series, Fort Solis can be binged in one intense session or played chapter by chapter like an episodic TV show.

The vision of Fallen Leaf, an indie team of games industry veterans, was to create a hybrid piece of media, emphasizing narration and immersion.

When will Fort Solis be available?

Fort Solis launches on August 22, 2023.

Is this a AAA game?

Fort Solis is an indie game with AAA production values, made by a team of over 20 industry veterans. Utilizing the power of Unreal Engine 5.2, full motion capture performances, veteran actors (including Troy Baker and Red Dead Redemption 2 star Roger Clark), 4K presentation, and haptic feedback for the PS5’s Dualsense controller, Fort Solis will look and sound as good as any big budget behemoth.

What kind of genre will this game be?

Fort Solis is a sci-fi psychological thriller. Set on a mysteriously deserted mining facility on Mars, Fort Solis will contain some light puzzles to solve, but ultimately it’s a very narrative-focused experience that aims to tell a character-driven story through an interactive medium.

Is it a walking simulator?

This depends on your definition of “walking simulator”, but it’s closer to that than any other traditional genre. Fort Solis features puzzles and elements of exploration, but it doesn’t contain any traditional combat or stealth mechanics.

Why are there no traditional gameplay in Fort Solis?

Fort Solis was designed first and foremost to be a deep, immersive experience that tells a story. We felt that more traditional gameplay mechanics would get in the way of the narrative, themes, tone, and pacing that we worked so hard to preserve.

Who’s making Fort Solis?

Fort Solis is developed by Fallen Leaf, an independent games developer veterans based in Liverpool and Warsaw, in partnership with Dear Villagers and Black Drakkar Games.

What games does Fort Solis take inspiration from?

Fort Solis is something of a spiritual successor to titles like Firewatch and the works of Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, The Quarry, The Dark Pictures Anthology).

How long is Fort Solis?

This depends on how thoroughly you explore and take in the game’s sights, but we expect most players to finish the game in about 4-6 hours. Fort Solis is divided into four chapters, each being roughly an hour in length. Think of it like a Netflix series; it’s suitably bingeable, but also has a deliberate episodic structure. Our goal was to create a title that provides a moving, thoughtful experience that feels epic, while also respecting the player’s time.

What platforms will Fort Solis be on?

Fort Solis will be available on Steam and PS5 on August 22. Also comes to Mac on October 26.

What will be the price of Fort Solis?

Fort Solis will be available at $24.99, £20.99 & €24.99 on Steam and at $29.99 & €29.99 on the PlayStation Store.

Any other version?

Yes, of course, we offer The Terra Edition and it Includes:

- Fort Solis the game
- Fort Solis Artbook
- Fort Solis OST

Which languages are supported?

Fort Solis was recorded in English. Subtitles support will be available for the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese simplified and traditional Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Polish, and Japanese.

See you soon at Fort Solis!

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Great work on the OT, OP!

I kinda found out about this game at the last minute but now I really want to give it a shot. If it really is this short but dense narrative experience, then it sounds like a perfect game to go through in a couple of evenings, just before AC6 comes out.

Last edited:
so this is basically a walking simulator movie game?
Just updated my 2nd post with an answer to this very question. :D
Is it a walking simulator?

This depends on your definition of “walking simulator”, but it’s closer to that than any other traditional genre. Fort Solis features puzzles and elements of exploration, but it doesn’t contain any traditional combat or stealth mechanics.
Fort Solis is something of a spiritual successor to titles like Firewatch and the works of Supermassive Games (Until Dawn, The Quarry, The Dark Pictures Anthology).

Great work on the OT, OP!

I kinda found out about this game at the last minute but now I really want to give it a shot. If it really is this short but dense narrative experience, then it sounds like a perfect game to go through in a couple of evenings, just before AC6 comes out.
Tysm especially as it was my first OT here on GAF! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: I'm planning on getting the PS5 limited Edition when it launches in October (already talked with a good friend from Spain who will preorder and ship the game to me).

Last edited:
Still no price?
Under the waves which is sorta similar is at $30.
It will be available for $24.99, £20.99 & €24.99 on Steam while on PlayStation Store it will be up for grabs for $30. Oh and the NA PS5 physical version is $35 while the European physical limited edition is €40.

Edit: Oh shit @ balls of snow balls of snow , I totally forgot about Under The Waves! It's €30 for the PS5 physical version. I think I'll pick it up.

Last edited:
Have no idea when I’m gonna receive my preorder from Amazon. Hopefully earlier than their “expect to receive by September 13th” date. I want it on Aug 25th!!!
Yeah, I've read about your unfortunate situation from the other thread. Now I'm not sure how much it helps, but VGP and Best buy is also stocking it on their online stores so perhaps you can get the physical version from one of them?

Thanofski88

Neo Member
So ,anybody knows if we ll be able to buy the game tomorrow at 00.01 or even a reason for not being able to pre-order this on psn ??

It's actually first time seeing something like this not being able to pre-order. No reviews, no nothing

Highly interested in the game though 😅

So ,anybody knows if we ll be able to buy the game tomorrow at 00.01 or even a reason for not being able to pre-order this on psn ??

It's actually first time seeing something like this not being able to pre-order. No reviews, no nothing

Yeah, it's a bit weird, and I think it's the first time I'm seeing this as well. I'm still confident that it will launch on August 22 though. :D

Any reviews posted yet?
OpenCritic?
Metacritic?
None yet from what I can see. There are however a few impressions shared by various small youtubers based on gameplay clips already released to the public (there's a full hour of uncut gameplay floating around) and info available through dev blogs and stuff like that.

Eiknarf

Yeah, I've read about your unfortunate situation from the other thread. Now I'm not sure how much it helps, but VGP and Best buy is also stocking it on their online stores so perhaps you can get the physical version from one of them?
Yeah I’m just wondering if people who pre-order it NOW will get if before me?? Like, should I cancel my preorder and re-pre-order?

Sometimes devs cant be arsed to put a preorder/preload page up. They just release the game when the date comes. Happened with Disco Elysium ps5.

a 3 hour walking sim. As much as I love space, Ill prolly pass. Will keep it on my wishlist, when its cheap maybe under 15 or less, I'll bite but for so little hours I can get better stuff. Doubt the narrative is that insane.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
What will be the price of Fort Solis?
Fort Solis will be available at 24.99$ 20.99£ & 24.99€.
source

Also, the game is still locked on Steam. What is this unprofessional shit?

I meant the price on steam only. I am not in US or EU so I need my regional price.

On PSN it unlocks in exactly 3 hours, but yeah, on Steam it kinda looks sus.

image.png

I took this from my own OP, it should release at 8PM CET / 2PM EST.

7be213a502fd0b2821dbf0c2737914e353f8f1bf.jpg

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Why would it cost more/less on other store fronts? You know your exchange rate so with this info you should have a basic idea.

Often times regional pricing doesn't work directly as per conversion rate. Most games are about 2500-3500 in my currency, which is actually 30-40USD and not 60. Thanks though, cause I guess this one should be about 1500 if it's 35USD.

Thanofski88

Neo Member
Any reviews yet??? It’s like this is the game that might or might not exist!..
At this point I think something is definitely wrong with this game. I mean you can't pre-order it. Steam is down although there was supposed to be a release like 2 or 3 hours ago. Reviews are being pulled off from the internet and the developers are like dead silent ...

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Played about one hour. Following are my + and - impressions so far

+very atmospheric and interesting setting
+great graphics
+good voice acting
+intriguing premise till now

-performance. I am on a 3080 and even with DLSS quality had to turn down a couple of settings to get better frame rate in 4k
-controls. Biggest problem of the game. If you thought RDR2 was slow and bad, check this out. The main character walks slow, can't run, animation stops after like 2 seconds of you letting go.

I am not planning on refunding though. Small decently priced single player narrative focused games are my jam. Add sci-fi space setting and you've got me. So will keep playing.

Top Bottom