• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite BR at E3 - Party Royale Celebrity Pro-Am (50 celebrities and 50 pro gamers)

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-at-e3

50 celebrities. 50 pro gamers. One Victory Royale.

Fortnite%2FFN_Social-1200x628-a7db829507071ff050829da640cd37ca5eb8d352.jpg

Join us this E3 for the ultimate Fortnite Party Royale, pairing some of the world’s greatest athletes and entertainers with top Fortnite Battle Royale players from across the globe.

Teams will clash in the premier Fortnite Celebrity Pro-Am in Los Angeles during E3. One team will rise to the top for ultimate bragging rights. Who will claim Victory Royale? We’ll soon begin building the teams, so stay tuned for more information on the event.

And one more thing... details on the first season of competitive play coming in the next few weeks!

prag16

Banned
Damn all about that Fortnite hype huh?
Heh, I still don't quite get the appeal. But maybe I'm biased having played PUBG first, but the times I got on Fortnite, I couldn't help but be thinking the entire time "I'd rather be playing PUBG," even though on average I was performing better on Fortnite. Just wasn't as intense or fun imo.

Blam

Heh, I still don't quite get the appeal. But maybe I'm biased having played PUBG first, but the times I got on Fortnite, I couldn't help but be thinking the entire time "I'd rather be playing PUBG," even though on average I was performing better on Fortnite. Just wasn't as intense or fun imo.

seems like both sides are the exact same lol.

Leocarian

Banned

PUBG is a horrible game and is overrated and runs like a complete piece of shit-code. Uses same Unreal Engine 4 and the game is unoptimized, meanwhile, Fortnite looks far better, has 4K on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and runs at 60FPS now as well with the recent patch. I have no respect for PUBG devs, releasing an early access product for $30 and being nominated for a game of the year last night/multiplayer while it's not even completely finished. Yah, no thanks.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
PUBG is a horrible game and is overrated and runs like a complete piece of shit-code. Uses same Unreal Engine 4 and the game is unoptimized, meanwhile, Fortnite looks far better, has 4K on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and runs at 60FPS now as well with the recent patch. I have no respect for PUBG devs, releasing an early access product for $30 and being nominated for a game of the year last night/multiplayer while it's not even completely finished. Yah, no thanks.
I play on PC on high at 1080p60 (with some drops, granted) on a 970. I don't give a shit about xbone performance. Fortnite has a totally different art style, so that's apples to oranges. I guess the tens of millions of PUBG owners are all just morons, right? Nobody ever said it was a perfect product. But it didn't just luck into all the GotY nominations.

Leocarian

Banned
I play on PC on high at 1080p60 (with some drops, granted) on a 970. I don't give a shit about xbone performance. Fortnite has a totally different art style, so that's apples to oranges. I guess the tens of millions of PUBG owners are all just morons, right? Nobody ever said it was a perfect product. But it didn't just luck into all the GotY nominations.

I never called you or the PUBG community morons dude. Read what I said, you're free to like and play what you want lol, but the developers have no excuse whatsoever for how the game's optimized and I am also free to express my opinion of what I think of the game. I am not even talking about the community.

Yeah I know you don't care for Xbox One X performance but guess what, the majority of the industry and people who own an Xbox One X or are thinking of getting one do such as myself and many others who do not have a good PC to run this unoptimized garbage. And yes I do have a beast of a PC with a 1080 and an i7 6700K and 32 GB of DDR Ram and still would not play this game cause I just simply don't like it.

Last edited:

theHFIC

I was the same way where I would rather be playing PUBG than Fortnite when on my PC. PUBG is still my favorite of the battle royale games out there because of the realistc look, weapon feel and slower pace. Fortnite has been great on PS4 to play with my PC-less friends.

Leocarian

Banned
I hope Blizzard does a Battle Royale game. They've also been looking for a vehicular combat designer on their job listings for a while.

If Blizzard delves into this genre I will be super intrigued. Not sure what universe a battle Royale game would take in Blizzard but I'd assume Starcraft due to its nature of Terran vehicles and ghost units as snipers. But then I guess your bringing in class-based multi-players as well. Who knows what kind of a twist they can put on the genre.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PUBG had all the momentum but other then bug fixes their support hasnt been great. Fortnite on the other hand is getting crazy good support and is growing like mad.

Also PUBG just isnt a great game on console yet.

jadedm17

Won't the pros just demolish the celebrities? Or will they mix?

Also to each their own but PUBGs style looks boring and the amount of bugs for such a massively popular game is insane to me. Fortnite constant stream of new things - namely fun and crazy weapons - makes it the clear choice to me.

Edit : Also this is a Fortnite thread, what does coming in to discuss another game add to the conversation? Fortnite is amazing and always doing new fun things. That's the discussion here.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Not really. For starters, unless there was an update in the passed two weeks im unaware of, the pro plays the game in plain old 1080p. And the xbox on x render the game at 80% of 4k (so around 1700p) according to epic's patch note.

As for pricing, its really hard to compare morals between a early access game that knows its not finished vs a game that is a literal mobile system of microtransactions. The game is free, but if you want ANY form of customization or swag, have fun paying upwards to $15 per season (keyword is per season. You have to buy access every 50 days however long the seasons are) plus additional $10 here and there for store exclusive unlocks.

As for overall performance. Youre comparing an indie game to epic, you know, the guys who MADE unreal engine.

Still a fun game though. Not saying its bad, but neither are saints.

Last edited:

Calibos

Epic showing their wallet there...Makes me wish Epic would buy Bluehole and PubG and put their resources behind it.

I still can’t stand the gunplay in Fortnite, but the game is excellent everywhere else: Visuals, frame rate, style, substance...

Leocarian

Banned
Not really. For starters, unless there was an update in the passed two weeks im unaware of, the pro plays the game in plain old 1080p. And the xbox on x render the game at 80% of 4k (so around 1700p) according to epic's patch note.

As for pricing, its really hard to compare morals between a early access game that knows its not finished vs a game that is a literal mobile system of microtransactions. The game is free, but if you want ANY form of customization or swag, have fun paying upwards to $15 per season (keyword is per season. You have to buy access every 50 days however long the seasons are) plus additional $10 here and there for store exclusive unlocks.

As for overall performance. Youre comparing an indie game to epic, you know, the guys who MADE unreal engine.

Still a fun game though. Not saying its bad, but neither are saints.

PUBG made a tons of money and UE 4 is very friendly and easier to optimize for than other engines out there. Game was in early access for a long time with huge popularity. They have no excuses whatsoever. Unacceptable.

Codes 208

PUBG made a tons of money and UE 4 is very friendly and easier to optimize for than other engines out there. Game was in early access for a long time with huge popularity. They have no excuses whatsoever. Unacceptable.
Theyre a small team that likely got pushed for hitting the date by microsoft. Pc version runs fine. Atleast its playable in comparison to other early access games like ARK that somehow managed to hit full retail while still running like absolute shit.

Calibos

This isn’t a this vs. that thread, but it really is simple.

Epic has hundreds of people and a zillion dollars for Fortnite development. The actual game has been in Dev for 5+ years. Epic makes UE4.

PubG Corp is tiny, doesn’t have a zillion dollars and hasn’t had PubG in dev for 10 years.

Anyways, Fortnite is now showing who is the new King of BR games so why is any of the bickering relevant?

Fortnite is free, so for me the choice was easily made.

But yeah, these celebs will get their asses kicked. Form the way they word it it's not going to be a squads or team game, so unlees they pick celebs that've been playing 10 hours a day, they won't stand a chance. Still fun though.

E. Never mind, I'm stupid, it'll be team games. Yeah, that's gonna be fairer and more exciting.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

People, both games are different, both games can be intense in their own respect. It's just a matter of preference whether you like more realistic simulation shooting (Arma) or arcadey shooting (Unreal).

I prefer Fortnite because it doesn't take itself seriously, so it feels more fun when my mentality is more relaxed.

Leocarian

Banned
This isn’t a this vs. that thread, but it really is simple.

Epic has hundreds of people and a zillion dollars for Fortnite development. The actual game has been in Dev for 5+ years. Epic makes UE4.

PubG Corp is tiny, doesn’t have a zillion dollars and hasn’t had PubG in dev for 10 years.

Anyways, Fortnite is now showing who is the new King of BR games so why is any of the bickering relevant?

I didn't start a VS conversation. Go back up and read my first post, after that post someone mentioned PUBG and I replied back.

tkscz

Wait, none of the Vanoss crew are on the list? I wasn't going to watch regardless, but just surprised. Thought they'd at least have BasicallyIDoWrk, Vanoss, Wild Kat or Nogla.

Top Bottom