• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite, PUBG, and Paladins have reportedly been banned by the Chinese government

EssKayZee

They use electrotherapy to 'cure' homosexuality/LGTB and spy on all their innocent citizens. Is that what a progressive country sounds like to you?

Yes, what their government does is wrong but it's not representative of the opinion of the rest of the population. You don't have to form an opinion of more than a billion people based on the actions of a few. That's unwarranted.

Shmunter

Yes, what their government does is wrong but it's not representative of the opinion of the rest of the population. You don't have to form an opinion of more than a billion people based on the actions of a few. That's unwarranted.
Sort of like all the millions of US Conservatives being labeled alt-right or even Nazi by the hard lefties

It's a form of population control. These games are popular, but their servers are also set so that you get to play and communicate with various people in the world. The chinese government obviously doesn't want that.

Damn, from that great promising "successful capitalistic and technologic" country, how quickly it reverted back to regressive communist control...

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
They use electrotherapy to 'cure' homosexuality/LGTB and spy on all their innocent citizens. Is that what a progressive country sounds like to you?
They allow teaching children in school fairytales about the origin of the world and mankind instead of scientific facts. I'm talking about the USA.
They discriminate LGBT in their armed forces. I'm talking about the USA, Germany and many others.
They...
Point me at any country and I will tell you how the entire country is backwards with that stupid generalization.

MayauMiao

I wonder how Blizzard feels about investing in Diablo Immortal now that their game have the potential to get banned from the Chinese market that they try cater to while at the same time hated by the hardcore Diablo fans?

Top Bottom