• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro said:
I'm absolutely gutted right now guys. This morning at Sepang, we lost Marco Simoncelli during the MotoGP race. He died after a high-side correction that led him directly into the oncoming traffic made up of Vale Rossi and Colin Edwards. His helmet came off from the initial contact. He was gonna be a superstar.

What an absolutely terrifying week for motorsport and all it's fans. :(

I know there is some crossover between ForzaGAF and MotorsportGAF, so I think it's ok for this post...

RIP #58, Sideshow Bob

ekuuW.jpg

Oh my god....damn. I am at a loss, HUGE MotoGp Fan here. I have went to the races at Indy every year.

So sad...so young & such talent. Gonna miss ol' Sideshow - RIP Marco Simoncelli - Ride Hard & Ride Fast - GodSpeed.

:(

p3tran

Banned
op_ivy said:
1) can you use club garge cars in career? i didnt think you could.

2) is this car up for auction? can i find the design and tune on your storefront? (not part of the GAF)
1) hmm I dont think you can either. club cars good for community stuff I think. (rivals/multi/etc)

2) no auction, but I put earlier today on my storefront. if you want, sent me a viper I'll make it like this and send back

cbox

G Rom said:
Small rant post incoming :
I really don't get Turn 10's obsession with bloom. They keep trying to use it since FM2 but they overdo it each time.
When you're racing on Fujimi Kaido, it's like God himself appeared in the sky and is blinding everyone looking at him. That pure white bloom above the trees is just ridiculous and ugly. It's the same on cars, there's just way too much of it.
I'm not against bloom at all but it needs to be more subtle not blinding.
I really don't understand how artists can't see how things like this drag the game's look down. I could point out several other small artistic choices that also make the game (mainly the cars) look worse than it could be.

That baffles me as much as some of the same replay angles still present from f2/3 in 4. I have a feeling it's Dan or someone else high up keeping those things in for some odd reason. I say this because any self respecting art or creative director wouldn't keep those things in the game unless they were pressured from high up.

Regardless, it's still an amazing looking game and it can only get better from here :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
p3tran said:
1) hmm I dont think you can either. club cars good for community stuff I think. (rivals/multi/etc)

2) no auction, but I put earlier today on my storefront. if you want, sent me a viper I'll make it like this and send back

what viper is it exactly?

EDIT: gifted 08 viper

Railer

Been playing this game for a couple of days now and i really enjoy it.
I got the Ferrari GTO as level 25 reward and it's been my go to car since then. It drives fantastic imo, and it looks so great. Found a vinyl online that i really enjoyed too.

fgto.png

Question though. I wanna join a car club, is there any club here that still has slots open and if so, how do i apply?

reggie said:
Leaders can't remove cars? You sure?
I did try to see if I could remove one last night but only my own, maybe the actual main leader might be able to?

I think we need to have a limited pool of cars for gaf races and rares, right now there is like 100+ cars and it takes a long time to go over them all especially when each car has to load data from live for a few seconds.

skyfinch

h3ro said:
I'm absolutely gutted right now guys. This morning at Sepang, we lost Marco Simoncelli during the MotoGP race. He died after a high-side correction that led him directly into the oncoming traffic made up of Vale Rossi and Colin Edwards. His helmet came off from the initial contact. He was gonna be a superstar.

I know there is some crossover between ForzaGAF and MotorsportGAF, so I think it's ok for this post...

RIP #58, Sideshow Bob
http://i.imgur.com/ekuuW.jpg

Terrible news. I used to follow moto gp but missed out this entire season. Died doing what he enjoyed.

h3ro said:

[/IMG]

Christ....just got home and heard the news. So sad :( I can´t help thinking about Edwards and Rossi too, they must be devastated.
A terrifying week indeed :(

I know I am late, but the club leaders can remove cars. At least I can. I think having a limit on the # of cars per user would be the best bet. Maybe 3 or so? What does everyone think?

And yeah, I kicked everyone under level 10 and those under Level 25 that haven't advanced in a week.

eek5

Shortt Sirket said:
I know I am late, but the club leaders can remove cars. At least I can. I think having a limit on the # of cars per user would be the best bet. Maybe 3 or so? What does everyone think?

And yeah, I kicked everyone under level 10 and those under Level 25 that haven't advanced in a week.
I don't mind multiple cars but we should probably remove cars that aren't at least at the top of their class to begin with

edit: is the black box bug still in effect?

eek5 said:
I don't mind multiple cars but we should probably remove cars that aren't at least at the top of their class to begin with

I am guessing the box has something to do with a locked paint job or something similar. At least it seems to affect those most.

eek5 said:

my GTO uploaded as a black box last night to the car club, you mean that?

eek5

Shortt Sirket said:
I am guessing the box has something to do with a locked paint job or something similar. At least it seems to affect those most.
It started happening after the update. Everyone seems to be experiencing it with newer uploads

Diablohead said:
my GTO uploaded as a black box last night to the car club, you mean that?

Yeah. I guess they haven't fixed it yet. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shortt Sirket said:

Theres about 8 duplicates of every car in there, freeing space would be cool since most just do it to get the achievement.

Cars with paintjobs/special tunes/specifically rare reward cars should stay IMO.

Ty4on

skyfinch said:
Where is the HKS Lancer Evo?
HKS_LANCER_0.jpg

The only time I see it is in one of the rival events. Beautiful car, and I want to buy it.

It's a unicorn car :(

Really stupid to increase the number of unicorn cars when the problem with cheaters has been so big. If you can't stop them, why reward them?

This unicorn situation is beyond stupid. 14 cars that no one will ever be able to purchase. What's the point?

I still can't believe they made a VIP car from the last game a unicorn in this game. That's ridiculous.

Seanspeed

Banned
retroBrand said:
This unicorn situation is beyond stupid.
What I find weird is how unicorn cars aren't necessarily that special. That Evo was a normal car in FM2 and 3, right? Its like they're trying to manufacture 'specialness' into these cars.

skyfinch

Stupid unicorns. No wonder they're extinct.

Seanspeed said:
What I find weird is how unicorn cars aren't necessarily that special. That Evo was a normal car in FM2 and 3, right? Its like they're trying to manufacture 'specialness' into these cars.

Used it a lot in FM3, so I was a bit surprised not to see it in Mitsubishi's section. Even worse is that they let you drive it in a rival's event. Tease.

Aurarian

OnkelC said:
Help please!
I have no clue how to get into the NeoGAF racing club, might somebody mind adding me?
XBL handle is OnkelZee.

Thanks in advance!

Same as Onkel except my gamertag is my username. Would appreciate it! I don't particularly like the unicorn situation either. I was kinda hoping to 100% but it won't happen because of the unicorn situation and the kinect achievement.

Railer

Aurarian said:
Same as Onkel except my gamertag is my username. Would appreciate it! I don't particularly like the unicorn situation either. I was kinda hoping to 100% but it won't happen because of the unicorn situation and the kinect achievement.

Same here. I would also love a invite. My gamertag is Toblekai.

What is a unicorn anyway, i haven't played any previous Forza games, so I'm not sure.

Gek54

p3tran said:
hmm I'll put it up within the hour mascot

also I will park in the garage a f200 car for the top gear challenge

while testing it yesterday, this happened:
:p

and still there is lots of potential for further trimming the time

Nice!

Poor Aygo, thats all shes got.

Railer said:
What is a unicorn anyway, i haven't played any previous Forza games, so I'm not sure.

A unicorn is a rare car in Forza. The only way to adquire one is either A) winning a Turn10 auction (paying a googol of cash) or B) winning a Turn10 contest (photography/livery editing/Game With The Devs/etc)

In F3, there were three unicorns: Camaro SS '69 (hardtop), RX-7 Spirit R and Impreza S204.

skyfinch said:
Stupid unicorns. No wonder they're extinct.

Used it a lot in FM3, so I was a bit surprised not to see it in Mitsubishi's section. Even worse is that they let you drive it in a rival's event. Tease.
Just wait until you do the Japanese tuner series and realize that 95% of your competition are unicorns.

That's past teasing, that's a kick in the balls.
Railer said:
A unicorn is a car that you can't buy from the dealership.

Man I was up until 3:20 am last night racing online some dude was only running R1 and X races. The lobby was almost always full, and it was a lot of fun. Thanks to who ever put that R1 BMW in the club garage. I had a lot of success with it.

TheMan

Selling Dark souls this week to pick this bad boy up...very excited. Stupid question: is the delorean in this game?

nagge

Too bad the GAF races get started so late, I have to get up in the morning :/

Just god done removing the upgrades from all the auto upgraded gift cars, phew...

h3ro said:

It's a huge shame. I'm actually quite thrown off by his death, even though I didn't know him personally. I did have the chance to meet him this year at the Laguna Seca MotoGP race and he was so pleasant and gracious with fans, unlike all the guys on the Honda factory team that walked right by without so much as a glance at the fans.

Sic was always friendly, always happy to be doing what he was doing. It's a HUGE loss to MotoGP--he was sure to be a world champion in coming years.

If you've seen the horrifying trackside pic of what happened, I have a feeling it'll have a huge impact on Rossi. Not his fault AT ALL, but such a tragic accident to happen between friends.

Rest in peace, Marco.

Fox Mulder

derFeef said:
I have a badge for owning two unicorn cars. Is there a list? I can't seem to make them out in my garage.

you get two unicorns if you had the VIP dlc from Forza 3 and imported. It'll be the Gallardo Superleggera and Scuderia.

caramac

BoobPhysics101 said:
Anybody up for some GAF races?

And RIP Simoncelli, such a horrible tragedy. :\

You know what, today has been a truly horrible day because of this, Still can't believe it almost.
Just played an hour of Forza but meh :/

h3ro

I almost can't bring myself to play Forza today, guys. Sounds corny, I know, but even though I never met Simoncelli, I just feel a real loss today. I feel a loss for MotoGP and for all of us fans, because not only did we lose what seems to be an amazing person with a larger than life personality with the hair to match, but we as fans were robbed of what could have been.

He was going to make a mark in the sport. I hope he still can and that technology develops from this death that will save the lives of futures stars just as we saw with the loss of Dale Sr. and the ensuing development and enforcement on the use of the HANS.

h3ro said:
I almost can't bring myself to play Forza today, guys. Sounds corny, I know, but even though I never met Simoncelli, I just feel a real loss today. I feel a loss for MotoGP and for all of us fans, because not only did we lose what seems to be an amazing person with a larger than life personality with the hair to match, but we as fans were robbed of what could have been.

He was going to make a mark in the sport. I hope he still can and that technology develops from this death that will save the lives of futures stars just as we saw with the loss of Dale Sr. and the ensuing development and enforcement on the use of the HANS.

Can someone bring me up to speed? What happened?

sneaky77

h3ro said:

I don't know that there was much technology that could have done any difference.. I mean Rossi and the Edwards had nowhere to go or really much time to slow down

sneaky77

soundscream said:
I suggest we put a limit of 2 cars per member in the car club.

I think if you submit a cool design or a tuned car is cool. We can have the same car as long as is tuned for different specs like B, A, S whatever... I was planning on going thru it but I haven't had the time yet, work kicked my ass last week

I can't seem to find a way to remove a car from the club

Top Bottom