• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Car Meet bug prevents players from accessing Storm Island DLC

GHG

I don't normally do this but unfortunately this is something that I'm experiencing at the moment and it's incredibly frustrating. I feel that while it's not a widespread issue (yet) this should get some more exposure as it's unacceptable to have paid for DLC and then not be able to access it due to a known bug.

Essentially, there is a bug in the game where car meets never appear on your map which prevents some people who have paid for the new Storm Island DLC from accessing it. The Storm Island DLC is linked to a car meet so for those of us who are unfortunate enough to have this bug there is no way to get to Storm Island.

Here is my post documenting the bug in the storm island DLC thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=143891455

Here is the thread for broken car meets on the official FH2 forums - this was a known issue before the DLC launched but yet they never fixed it and still linked the DLC to the car meets:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ill-not-seeing-car-meets--threads-merged.aspx

And here is a post from a user who is equally as frustrated as me on there:

Come on Playground games, fix your game!

I have never been able to get to the car meets since the beginning on my XBONE. I'm level 156, working on my 3rd finale, have everything else unlocked but still no car meets. This seems to be a problem for many other people. JUST UNLOCK THEM for anyone past their tutorial point and be done with it.

And a few days ago there was an update! Oh yes, will car meets work? NOPE! Just like the previous update, it's just for content, not fixing bugs. Except for introducing NEW BUGS.

Check out this new audio bug I got right after updating:

http://xboxclips.com/bio...-42a5-b4cd-802269bd6c68

And here is my game showing NO CAR MEETS and not way to access my purchased STORM ISLAND. GIVE ME BACK MY SON!!! You have my Storm Island ransom money.

http://xboxclips.com/bio...-4efb-809c-46567d2432ea

I AM DISAPPOINT!

But seriously, fix your game. You obviously have engineers working on it, why not throw some bug fixes into the updates.

There are also other problems that users are experiencing with the DLC as documented in this thread:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst28094_FORZA-HORIZON-2-STORM-ISLAND-ISSUES.aspx

I hope this will gain some publicity because it is unacceptable that you can pay for DLC and then not be able to access it. The DLC costs $20.

The current only known bug fix for this is to delete your save and start over. That is not a viable option for those of us who have put countless hours into this game. I did not pay for DLC only to be told to delete my 50+ hour game file to then access it.

To any FH2 players who are considering buying the DLC: Do not buy it unless you have the blue P icons on your map. If not you will not be able to access the DLC and you will have wasted your money.

So unfortunately while I had this down as a GOTY contender previously, this game now gets added to the seemingly never ending pile of broken games in 2014 for me. I hope that a fix is issued soon, if not I will be asking for my DLC money back.

FordGTGuy

Banned
My brother unlocked the car meets after buying the DLC and still was able to access it.

So unfortunately while I had this down as a GOTY contender previously, this game now gets added to the seemingly never ending pile of broken games in 2014 for me. I hope that a fix is issued soon, if not I will be asking for my DLC money back.

Let me get this straight... you're calling a entire game broken, a game that has been out for months by the way, because you're one of the few having issues accessing the expansion because of a bug?...

GHG

My brother unlocked the car meets after buying the DLC and still was able to access it.

For some of us the car meets NEVER unlock. I'm level 130 something right now and they still haven't unlocked.

If it never unlocks you can never access the DLC.

Let me get this straight... you're calling a entire game broken because you're one of the few having issues accessing the expansion because of a bug?...

Oh here we go... If not everyone can access it then yes it is broken. I didn't just give then the storm island DLC money and the VIP pass money for charity FFS.

FordGTGuy

Banned
For some of us the car meets NEVER unlock. I'm level 130 something right now and they still haven't unlocked.

If it never unlocks you can never access the DLC.

Oh here we go... If not everyone can access it then yes it is broken. I didn't just give then the storm island DLC money and the VIP pass money for charity FFS.

It doesn't make the entire game broken..... as you seem to want to proclaim.

VIP has been available since launch and it only gave a discount towards this DLC you still get access to all the other benefits of VIP. You can play everything else except for the island and the 6 cars until it is fixed. If it's weighing you down this much just ask for a refund.

GHG

VIP has been available since launch and it only gave a discount towards this DLC you still get access to all the other benefits of VIP. You can play everything else except for the island and the 6 cars until it is fixed. If it's weighing you down this much just ask for a refund.

Are you seriously going to be that guy who is an apologist for everything Microsoft related?

Right now there is no inclination that this will ever get fixed. There has been no comment on the issue on the FH2 forums.

I'm sorry, but when you pay for something you expect it to work. What kind of world do we live in where there is a subset of people who think this kind of shit is ok?

"Ignore the part that you just paid extra money for, it's ok if that doesn't work, just play the rest of the base game"

Do you not think that if I just wanted to play the base game then I would have never bought the DLC in the 1st place?

To me and the other users who have the car meet bug the entire game is actually broken. Since well... We can't access the car meets 1st of all and now the new location DLC. Congratulations if yours and your brothers games work ok though. Lucky you.

Jesus... I give up.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Are you seriously going to be that guy who is an apologist for everything Microsoft related?

Right now there is no inclination that this will ever get fixed. There has been no comment on the issue on the FH2 forums.

I'm sorry, but when you pay for something you expect it to work. What kind of world do we live in where there is a subset of people who think this kind of shit is ok?

"Ignore the part that you just paid extra money for, it's ok if that doesn't work, just play the rest of the base game"

Do you not think that if I just wanted to play the base game then I would have never bought the DLC in the 1st place?

Jesus... I give up.

It does work, just not for you unfortunately. The only quick solution I can see for you is to call and ask for a refund as the content is not working for you. Otherwise the only other option you have is to wait for a fix.

However just don't proclaim the entire game is broken because of this and should be added to the list of broken games for 2014. This isn't like Unity, MCC or Driveclub where the problem is affecting everyone trying to play the game.

Dunkley

Let me get this straight... you're calling a entire game broken, a game that has been out for months by the way, because you're one of the few having issues accessing the expansion because of a bug?...

What's wrong about the logic?

The game is broken for him, so yes, he can call it that.

I would be pissed too if I played such a great game for so long only to be forced to delete all my progress because of that bug, which, by the way, has been known for months and still hasn't been fixed.

I hope this gets fixed, OP. Storm Island looks like it's a lot of fun.

PM Helios. I imagine he'd get the issue to the proper people and try to help. Have you contacted support? They'd probably refund you and you could rebuy once the issue is fixed. Since the bug hinders progress with the DLC, it should move up in priority now.

FordGTGuy

Banned
What's wrong about the logic?

The game is broken for him, so yes, he can call it that.

I would be pissed too if I played such a great game for so long only to be forced to delete all my progress because of that bug, which, by the way, has been known for months and still hasn't been fixed.

I hope this gets fixed, OP. Storm Island looks like it's a lot of fun.

He's perfectly right to call a game that's broken to him broken. It's literally what language is for.

Whatever that's his choice, I still think calling a entire game broken because of a bug with a expansion that doesn't affect the main title is silly.

We will see what happens with the fix.

Does MS ever do anything wrong in your eyes?

Anyway, this bug sucks....I'm waiting until Storm Island goes on sale or until I cave in. Hope they fix it for those who are experiencing it

This isn't about doing wrong or right, this is a bug. How they approach this situation and fix it will determine what they are doing right or wrong here.

Do I think this situation sucks? Yes I do.

Which is why I've already said that he should ask for a refund from Microsoft. His only other choice is to wait on it to be fixed.

GHG

PM Helios. I imagine he'd get the issue to the proper people and try to help. Have you contacted support? They'd probably refund you and you could rebuy once the issue is fixed. Since the bug hinders progress with the DLC, it should move up in priority now.

I've PM'd Helios about the issue so hopefully something can be done about it.

My biggest fear is that it might be save file linked. But then maybe if they unlock car meets from the start for everyone then it could be a way around the issue.

vesvci

Banned

Does MS ever do anything wrong in your eyes?

Anyway, this bug sucks....I'm waiting until Storm Island goes on sale or until I cave in. Hope they fix it for those who are experiencing it

He's perfectly right to call a game that's broken to him broken. It's literally what language is for.

Fortunately the bug seems quite rare. OP is the first I've heard of it until he posted the thread of others with the issue. It just wasn't a major bug until it blocked the DLC. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

Edit: OP, you should try playing on another account to test if it's save related. Might help the dev team to know this stuff.

GHG

FordGTGuy said:
The expansion to the game is broken for him, the game itself is not broken and no it should not be added to the list of broken games of 2014.

Do you even read...?

I said the game is on the broken games list for me in the OP. Yes that's right, the game is broken for me.

Go sit down, nobody if attacking your beloved Microsoft, I'm just trying to raise awareness of what is quite frankly a ridiculous (whilst isolated) bug so that it can be fixed/avoided and other users don't have to go through the same plight should they have the car meet bug.

EBE

car meets are the Ps on the map, right? that sucks
i forget, did FH1 have a standard 'start' menu where you selected from the base game or the rally expansion? or was like it is here in FH2 where its an ingame location you have to visit to launch the expansion?
could a simple fix be to link it to the start menu?

It does work, just not for you unfortunately. The only quick solution I can see for you is to call and ask for a refund as the content is not working for you. Otherwise the only other option you have is to wait for a fix.

However just don't proclaim the entire game is broken because of this and should be added to the list of broken games for 2014. This isn't like Unity, MCC or Driveclub where the problem is affecting everyone trying to play the game.

To be fair, FH2 has always had some rare, but serious bugs. Some people in the OT have lost all their progress, and I've encountered a few races that seemingly did the same to me, but thankfully, everything went back to normal upon returning to the overworld. Maybe just a tiny fraction of players were affected, maybe just one, but it's still a very serious issue.

That said, I don't really agree with him, and I wouldn't call the game broken; practically every game has bugs, and FH2 is certainly nowhere near those other titles that were experiencing issues lately. But significant problems like that have to be fixed, refunds are not an acceptable solution. Helios, Playground and Turn 10 have been great in that regard, and I'm sure that this will be ironed out.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Do you even read...?

I said the game is on the broken games list for me in the OP. Yes that's right, the game is broken for me.

Go sit down, nobody if attacking your beloved Microsoft, I'm just trying to raise awareness of what is quite frankly a ridiculous (whilst isolated) bug so that it can be fixed/avoided and other users don't have to go through the same plight should they have the car meet bug.

Eh, it has nothing to with attacking anyone. It's a bug, hopefully it is fixed soon and if not hopefully you don't have any problems getting a refund.

If you want to consider the entire game broken because of the expansion that doesn't directly affect the main titles content that is your choice. Thankfully you at least get access to the rally upgrades as per your comment in the other thread and that's really one of the best parts of the expansion pack.

To be fair, FH2 has always had some rare, but serious bugs. Some people in the OT have lost all their progress, and I've encountered a few races that seemingly did the same to me, but thankfully, everything went back to normal upon returning to the overworld. Maybe just a tiny fraction of players were affected, maybe just one, but it's still a very serious issue.

That said, I don't really agree with him, and I wouldn't call the game broken; practically every game has bugs, and FH2 is certainly nowhere near those other titles that were experiencing issues lately. But significant problems like that have to be fixed, refunds are not an acceptable solution. Helios, Playground and Turn 10 have been great in that regard, and I'm sure that this will be ironed out.

Sadly this is just the plain old truth with most Turn 10 titles, usually when there are bugs they are serious bugs. I guess we can be thankful this isn't one that destroys all your progress.

I'm guessing that this bug, if directly related to the car meetings bug, was low priority considering car meetings are almost meaningless in the game itself.

Both myself and a mate have had the digital download version of the game since release.

My copy works fine.

My mates crashes during the very 1st car meet where the girl gets interrupted by a mobile phone call.
This means he cannot complete any championship races in single player.
He is about lvl95 as can play online and still earn money, xp, buy new cars etc etc.

GHG

car meets are the Ps on the map, right? that sucks
i forget, did FH1 have a standard 'start' menu where you selected from the base game or the rally expansion? or was like it is here in FH2 where its an ingame location you have to visit to launch the expansion?
could a simple fix be to link it to the start menu?

Yep they are the blue P signs on the map:

SasPj3f.jpg

And here is a video on the issue:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fd36...108&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AKROozvHsA36Q5g

I just tried driving up them without a championship being in progress and it still didn't work.

Will need a fix, but if one isn't forthcoming I'll just get my money back.

jesu

OP, when you start the game does it just drop you on the map somewhere?
When I start I start at a car meet, because obviously they unlocked for me.

They really should have fixed the car meets before now since they knew people were having problems.

GHG

OP, when you start the game does it just drop you on the map somewhere?
When I start I start at a car meet, because obviously they unlocked for me.

They really should have fixed the car meets before now since they knew people were having problems.

I start in a random place on the map near where I left off. I hear that once car meets are unlocked you're supposed to start at in car meet every time you start the game? That's never happened for me.

I'm just going to shelve the game until this is fixed.

When I was playing the first trace on Storm Island the sound went to a horrible feedback and the race wouldn't go past the result screen.

Bit annoying hopefully just a one off

I start in a random place on the map near where I left off. I hear that once car meets are unlocked you're supposed to start at in car meet every time you start the game? That's never happened for me.

I'm just going to shelve the game until this is fixed.

You are meant to get an achievement for finding all car meets. Never unlocked for me. Unsure if I need to actually race in them or test cars to count as a meet

HeliosT10

Hi all,

We are looking at this issue right now, I don't have any more info to pass on at the moment but like I say it's on our radar.

Apologies to anyone affected and thanks for your patience whilst we investigate.

Hi all,

We are looking at this issue right now, I don't have any more info to pass on at the moment but like I say it's on our radar.

Apologies to anyone affected and thanks for your patience whilst we investigate.

Cheers for update.
I will let my mate know. He really doesn't want to delete his save due to time already put in

GHG

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Helios and thanks for the PM. Do keep us updated on progress and timeframes.

I'll give you guys a week or so before deciding to take action and ask for a refund.

If there's any other info you guys need from me that might help feel free to ask.

Daximuss

I hope they get it corrected for you, GHG.
Are you still posting photos in the Forza photo thread? You had some really good photos there the last time I checked it.

miserable

i was just about to buy the DLC when i stumbled across this thread
i feel bad for you OP, sucks when this kind of stuff happens
i will postpone my purchase until it's confirmed to be fixed, don't wanna potentially waste 20$

GHG

Any updates on this Helios?

There are further posts on this and other issues related to the DLC on the official Forza forums but there has been no official response from Turn 10. Quite dissapointing to say the least.

Looks like I'll be getting a refund then.

GHG

Bumping this just in case we can get further clarity on the issue?

People on the forza boards are also being ignored.

Turn 10/playground are not covering themselves with glory on this matter.

At least with the other recent fuck ups there has been communication from the devs in most cases.

HeliosT10

I posted this on our own forums earlier today but will repost here for extra visibility:

To reiterate what I've posted elsewhere in the forum as well as earlier on in this thread.

We are aware of the issues some of you are having with the Storm Island expansion, namely involving car meets not unlocking thus blocking progression to Storm Island, game crashes related to the Storm Island expansion and no new events appearing after installing Storm Island. We're working on solutions to these problems and as soon as we can update you with further progress we'll be sure to do so. As always we really appreciate your patience and understand your frustrations.

Will provide further updates as soon as I can. Rest assured we're not ignoring the issues and they're being treated as a priority over here.

GHG

I posted this on our own forums earlier today but will repost here for extra visibility:

To reiterate what I've posted elsewhere in the forum as well as earlier on in this thread.

We are aware of the issues some of you are having with the Storm Island expansion, namely involving car meets not unlocking thus blocking progression to Storm Island, game crashes related to the Storm Island expansion and no new events appearing after installing Storm Island. We're working on solutions to these problems and as soon as we can update you with further progress we'll be sure to do so. As always we really appreciate your patience and understand your frustrations.

Will provide further updates as soon as I can. Rest assured we're not ignoring the issues and they're being treated as a priority over here.

Thanks, appreciate it.

You guys are lucky the game itself is so damn good or I would have hit the roof by now. A weekly update would be nice, even if it's just "we are still working on it" as when you don't hear anything for over 2 weeks one assumes the worst.

tuna_love

Banned
Posting from other thread. Horizon 2 is the best game of the year for me except I can't play the dlc.
I cant play the storm island dlc. Everytime my game loads up there it freezes. If I delete the dlc and play vanilla its fine but.
I'm willing to wait for it to be fixed because I liked the main game so much but can't say I'm not a little pissed off.

danowat

Banned
Update incoming.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...d-Island-issues-addressed-in-next-update.aspx

After investigation, we currently have a content update for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One going through the Microsoft certification process which addresses a number of issues, including:

• Car Meets not unlocking resulting in access to Storm Island being blocked.

• Game crashes each time the user booted the game into the Storm Island hub.

• No new events appear after installing Storm Island.

HeliosT10

Our update to address this issue is now rolling out to players worldwide. If you were affected please let us know how you get on now once you get the update.

Thanks again for your patience whilst we investigated this issue and got a fix ready.

Top Bottom