• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 | The Eliminator (Battle Royale) Announce Trailer

Mista

Banned

Forza Horizon 4 is joining the battle royale bandwagon with an eliminator mode within the Series 17 free update on December 12.

The mode starts off with up to 72 players in an arena within the game world, fostering battles as the walls contract. Win your head-to-head race and you get upgrades as well as a chance to get a faster car altogether.

Last edited:
How do you add Battle Royale to a racing game

Playground Games said:
Win your head-to-head race and you get upgrades as well as a chance to get a faster car altogether.

Oh that's how, that's actually a very interesting concept.

Last edited:
I had finally detached myself from this game... fuck...

giphy.gif

Max_Po

Banned
meh, I haven't liked the single player of any Horizon since the first.. but the games are BEAUTIFUL !!!

Last edited:

Pantz

Looks pretty sweet. Wonder what time the update will be available?

Another car battle royal game I wish they would make is Destruction Derby. You don't even need to do anything special, just make it like destruction derby on PSX but put it online with more players. You could do straight up smash like in the big circle arena or actual clover leaf/figure 8 type tracks and have the circle close in from behind on the race track. It would be such an easy game to develop. Get on it Psygnosis!

Another car battle royal game I wish they would make is Destruction Derby. You don't even need to do anything special, just make it like destruction derby on PSX but put it online with more players. You could do straight up smash like in the big circle arena or actual clover leaf/figure 8 type tracks and have the circle close in from behind on the race track. It would be such an easy game to develop. Get on it Psygnosis!

Have you given Wreckfest a go? It's got some pretty amazing crash physics and plays amazingly well. It covers everything you are asking for and more.

Last edited:

Updates typically aim for (but sometimes miss) 6PM GMT, so roughly 9 hours from this post.

H4ze

When I read the titel I was all like "nah man, screw that, wtf", but now I am interested and thx to game pass, will give it a shot

meh, I haven't likes the singple player of any Horizon since the first.. but they are BEAUTIFUL !!!

I honestly wish there was an option at the beginning of the game or in options to just turn off the garbage "Story" part in the game. Cutscenes NEVER belong in a racing game. The voice actors do a fine job, but the lines they are reading are turd city and the characters are insufferable.

Last edited:

Pantz

Eh, it's fun but 75% of the time you are doing the thing that FH4 players have complained about the most in online matches - racing through the trees. It's just unpleasant to drive through the forest with trees really close together but you have to do it if you want to win.

Top Bottom