• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 NASCAR Expansion - Available now (Trailer)

I'm tempted, but by 'eck if being a Forza gamer isn't becoming expensive if you want all the content.

Forza 6 Ultimate (VIP & Carpass) £81.99
Nascar Expansion £15.99
Porchse Expansion £15.99
Hot Wheels Car Pack £5.59
Top Gear Car Pack £5.59

£125?!

And that's only "so far"

Call me cheap, call me whatever, but that's too rich even for me, think I'll wait for a discount on the post-carpass content.
Why do you need everything?

danowat

Banned
Why do you need everything?

You don't, but when you've already spent £82 on the game (that still has niggling issues that should have been put to bed years ago), carpass and VIP, it stings a bit that they want to charge you more for post carpass content.

Even a good will gesture of a discount to carpass owners would have been nice.

legbone

Come on that trailer should have had Flirting with Disaster.

yeah, no doubt. there was a nascar game in the early to mid 90's that used it in the menu screen. my ex's dad loved to play it on her playstation. cant remember which nascar year game but i sure remember good old john jammin out to that tune on the menu screen.

I last tried Nascar stuff in GT5 and wasn't really my cup of tea. So I will stick to owning everything forza on xbone except this.

At least they didn't include something that isn't only for Nascar fans in it.

Portman

yeah, no doubt. there was a nascar game in the early to mid 90's that used it in the menu screen. my ex's dad loved to play it on her playstation. cant remember which nascar year game but i sure remember good old john jammin out to that tune on the menu screen.

My memory says that it was NASCAR 98. Thinking that was the one with the paintball code too.

I'm curious to try this but still haven't installed Forza 6 yet so I have s lot of catching up to do! I wonder if the "what if" scenarios from the trailer will let you drive as either vehicle or if they're designed to favor the stock cars since this is their expansion.

Gestault

Details of our latest content update (also out today here) as well:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

A co-worker was talking about his experience playing last night (definitely enjoying it), but during a race he had someone rear-end and blow past him. He went into a spin, and slowed to a crawl waiting for a yellow flag. He then realized there are no yellow flags.

Any chance that could be added? Is that feasible with the way the races are handled?

Fox Mulder

I last tried Nascar stuff in GT5 and wasn't really my cup of tea. So I will stick to owning everything forza on xbone except this.

At least they didn't include something that isn't only for Nascar fans in it.

I'd think people could appreciate the cars even if they aren't fans. Even open wheel drivers like Montoya have gushed over how different and challenging the racing can be.

The game only has three ovals for them too, so everything else is road courses they race on and stuff from f1 or other series.

Castaway

A co-worker was talking about his experience playing last night (definitely enjoying it), but during a race he had someone rear-end and blow past him. He went into a spin, and slowed to a crawl waiting for a yellow flag. He then realized there are no yellow flags.

Any chance that could be added? Is that feasible with the way the races are handled?

Given the frequency of incidents in MP compared to the real world (where drivers are more concerned about their safety), there would be a yellow flag every 10 or 15 seconds in the game. If the yellow flag forced an AI-controlled 45-60mph parade until the spun out or wrecked players were back in line, it'd be more like commuting than racing.

Fox Mulder

Did this update also make lapped cars have no collision? Was racing in the career and battling with an AI and the 24th place car drove right through us like a ghost.

Top Bottom