• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four million DQ8's shipped. (worldwide of course)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
searched for "dragon" and i didnt see this posted

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6143340

TOKYO--Square Enix announced today that its cumulative shipments of Dragon Quest VIII have reached more than 4 million units worldwide. The 430,000 units shipped in North America as of the end of December helped push the game over the milestone number.

In Japan, Dragon Quest VIII was released in November 2004 and shipped 3 million units in its first three days on the market. The English version was released in North America on November 17, 2005.

The Dragon Quest series has been a popular role-playing franchise in Japan, and Square Enix will release a Dragon Quest VIII spin-off named Dragon Quest: Shounen Yangus no Fushigi na Daibouken in the country on April 20. The game will follow DQVIII hero Yangus through his childhood. Like previous releases in the Fushigi no Dungeon series, it will feature randomly generated dungeon maps.

Also, at his Dragon Quest concert over the weekend, series composer Kouichi Sugiyama told the audience that additional DQVIII spin-offs aside from Shounen Yangus no Fushigi are in development at Square Enix. However, he told the crowd he isn't allowed to disclose any details at the current time.

Johnas

Red Scarlet said:
*in before Himu posts JESSICA'S MYSTERIOUS DUNGEON LOL*

Speedy Gonzales!

I was expecting the number to be around 5 million, but I guess in Japan they all pretty much jump on DQ immediately, they don't get very many residual sales after the first week in comparison.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wario64 said:
Also, at his Dragon Quest concert over the weekend, series composer Kouichi Sugiyama told the audience that additional DQVIII spin-offs aside from Shounen Yangus no Fushigi are in development at Square Enix. However, he told the crowd he isn't allowed to disclose any details at the current time.
Slime Mori Mori Revolution confirmed. :lol

Hopefully SquareEnix takes the U.S. sales as a sign of support for the series and doesn't blame the success on the FFXII demo. That effect killed our chances of getting Tobal No. 2, and I was shocked that ZOE 2 made it out here.

Diablos

The Dragon Quest series has been a popular role-playing franchise in Japan, and Square Enix will release a Dragon Quest VIII spin-off named Dragon Quest: Shounen Yangus no Fushigi na Daibouken in the country on April 20. The game will follow DQVIII hero Yangus through his childhood. Like previous releases in the Fushigi no Dungeon series, it will feature randomly generated dungeon maps.
I love DQ8 but... no thanks.

Top Bottom