• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX to Produce Live-Action Archie Series, Riverdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well, comic book TV is the new hotness....

"'Riverdale' offers a bold, subversive take on Archie, Betty, Veronica, and their friends, exploring the surrealistic twists of small-town life plus the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome facade," reads the official announcement. "Set in the present in the small fictional town of Riverdale, New York. The show will focus on the eternal love triangle of Archie Andrews, girl-next-door Betty Cooper, and rich socialite Veronica Lodge, and will include the entire cast of characters from the comic books—including Archie’s rival, Reggie Mantle, and his slacker best friend, Jughead Jones. Popular gay character Kevin Keller will also play a pivotal role. In addition to the core cast, 'Riverdale' will introduce other characters from Archie Comics’ expansive library, including Josie and the Pussycats.

The show will be produced by Greg Berlanti’s Berlanti Productions (Arrow, The Flash) and written by Archie Comics Chief Creative Officer at Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Glee, Afterlife with Archie).

http://www.newsarama.com/22537-riverdale-tv-drama-based-on-archie-comics-headed-to-fox.html

Effect

This could be really interesting. I kinda fear they'll sex it up though (more so then what the comics themselves have done over the years) and not sure how I'd feel about that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
7-29-2014-6-300x300.jpg

EDIT: Archie Comics takes place in Riverdale, NY confirmed?

Effect

Put it on HBO so we can see the threesome.

This is what concerns me. Them going in this direction or even joking about it because they can. When it comes to this property it just feels really uncomfortable.

If they are focusing on the weirdness that takes place in Archie books along with the triangle between the characters then I'm good with that.

If it's like Afterlife with Archie or the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, I AM SO IN.

Even if it's a weird creepy series starring Archie and co., I'm in.

aett

From the first sentence... is this going to be based on Afterlife With Archie or something?

It sounds like they'll be taking cues from some of the non-zombie aspects, which could be interesting.

By the way, everyone who hasn't needs to read Afterlife with Archie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom