• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freakiest goddamn character you've ever seen in a game

belgurdo

Banned
I vote Kusaregedo, a Japanese "hungry ghost" who fights with what apparently is his barely-attached forearm with the bones sticking out and sharpened to a point, and who also eats part of himself when he wins fights.

ssv_1.jpg

Samurai%20Shodown%20V_Kusaregedo%20-%20Biting%20Arm.gif

His fatal move in the hacked version of SSV Special is also muy freaky as well

WarPig

I wonder if they bit the sharpened-bone thing from Blade of the Immortal?

One of the Sith guys in KOTOR II is pretty memorable.

DFS

kumanoki

I'm going to have to go with the Colonel in MGS2- when the codec goes all screwy in Arsenal and you can see his skeletal structure and he's taunting you and telling you to turn off the game. Creepy.

Hmmm. That would make a good avatar.

And of course Pyramid Head.

belgurdo

Banned
WarPig said:
I wonder if they bit the sharpened-bone thing from Blade of the Immortal?

One of the Sith guys in KOTOR II is pretty memorable.

DFS

many members of the SS art staff came from anime production (namely, for Ninja Scroll) and almost everyone in the series is based on something real or in anime, so it's very possible

RiZ III

kumanoki said:
I'm going to have to go with the Colonel in MGS2- when the codec goes all screwy in Arsenal and you can see his skeletal structure and he's taunting you and telling you to turn off the game. Creepy..

That part was really fucked up and freaky.

Lyte Edge said:
147545.jpg

It's hard to top this.
I actually owned that game.... :/

Maybe it's just me, but I was really creeped up when I saw these line of enemies in FFXI...
doppleganger%20Gog.jpg

They lose the freakiness after seeing them a lot, but still, I couldn't look at them from the front very much.

Pretty much anything in Shadow of the Beast 2.. especially the final boss..

Also, I vividly remember seeing a screenshot of a boss fight against the Dragon in the intro movie (movie? haha) yet despite finishing the game many times and looking at EVERYTHING I never managed to find the damn dragon that was supposed to be the final boss.. Anyway, Shadow of the Beast 2 is the best game evar.. :)

Pyramid Head for me.

Shodan in the System Shock series is also creepy ... not in a traditional "horror" sense but just in a "all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful" sense

If we can count environments as characters, especially if the environments are primarily a reflection of the protagonist's mental state, then both Shade and Shrapnel are fucked up. Shrapnel, in particular, is about 10x freakier than the most unnerving parts of Silent Hill. Goddamn.

Oh, and for pure character design: Munch. HE'S A FETUS IN A WHEELCHAIR.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Those little baby zombies from the first Silent Hill. Ugh. Those were freaky.

Someone post a pic so I can be scared.:)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Truelize said:
Those little baby zombies from the first Silent Hill. Ugh. Those were freaky.

Someone post a pic so I can be scared.:)

I was going to say the marionettes in Final Fantasy IV, however those SH babies take my vote.

Senretsu

those bed monster things in Silent Hill 2 with the mouths, WTF? actually almost every silent hill monster is a WTF. Lisa from REmake was freaky too.

Also the ghost lady in Fatal Frame 2 who attacks by falling down 4 stories screaming the way down and kills herself, then disappears and does it again in a different position? who the hell thought of that?

jiggle

The Evil Clown in DWII gives me the heeby jeeby. Yet I must fight him over and over again for more thunder staffs.

Oh, and that baby in Parasite Eve.

SantaC

Prine said:
IAWTP

Freaky fucking "thing"

yeah i almost crapped my pants when I walked in that mine and she suddenly showed up out of nowhere. Playing alone at 2am didn't help either. I also hate her ghostly cabin.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
As stupid as this sounds.. the baddies from Maniac Mansion allways bugged me... whenever the music hit (the really campy stuff) I would jump out of my chair and RUN for the door and hope they didnt follow. Of course, I was like 8.

Also, not a game.. but one of the failed atempts to clone Ripley in Alein Resurection.. :shudder:

DaCocoBrova said:
Hands down...

I was going to go with Voldo, (one of my mains), but this reminded me just who was the real king of freak.

More of a "um...just what am I supposed to be seeing here?" in pic form, but seeing it move...*shudder* *blechhh* *etc*

SantaC

StoOgE said:
As stupid as this sounds.. the baddies from Maniac Mansion allways bugged me... whenever the music hit (the really campy stuff) I would jump out of my chair and RUN for the door and hope they didnt follow. Of course, I was like 8.

Also, not a game.. but one of the failed atempts to clone Ripley in Alein Resurection.. :shudder:

that's not really stupid. I remember I got afraid of that shadowgate clone: Uninvited. :lol

uninvited.png

But I was a kid so.

mumu

StoOgE said:
As stupid as this sounds.. the baddies from Maniac Mansion allways bugged me... whenever the music hit (the really campy stuff) I would jump out of my chair and RUN for the door and hope they didnt follow.
Well Edna did freak me out as well.

mrmyth

flood.jpg

covenant.thumb.jpg

These damn things aren't even all that scary, but they almost trigger a gag reflex for me.
Its even worse now that they're better animated and faster in Halo2.

Ironclad

I couldn't find any pics of the town leader from RE 4, but he scares me. Just the fact that he is twice your height, and is so much stronger than you is absolutely creepy. Also, I can't understand a word he says.

Prine

Banned
tenchir said:
I never got freaked out by it, I felt sorry of it actually when you found out what happened to her.

heh i forget. Was it a failed experiment? She kills her dad or something. Cant remember

But her cabin and the chains rattling was pretty scary, especially when you cant take her down for too long

LakeEarth

Prine said:
heh i forget. Was it a failed experiment? She kills her dad or something. Cant remember

But her cabin and the chains rattling was pretty scary, especially when you cant take her down for too long

Something like they injected her with every virus when she was a little girl, and she just survived it, though super fucked up. And her parents got killed too. I haven't played the game in a while though.

My choice would be " Tingle" from Zelda: WW & Four Swords Adventure.

He's doing the some kind of chant song or whatever its called. I can't remember what exactly he said like tingle loop lum la pahhhhh.... or something. :lol

Freakish guy that he is.

Someone find those freaky children from the new Saga rpg from SquareEnix. Those are the most deformed and awkward looking characters ever.

Prospero

Another vote for Lisa Trevor. Even after the rest of REmake failed to scare me with its zombie dogs jumping through windows and whatnot, that still freaked me out.

Those tall, skinny, fast monsters with the long arms in Doom 2 that made the slithery sort of "...nnnnn..." noise disturbed me so much I almost has to stop playing.

Fantasmo

Well... probably nobody here has played this but... those freaky looking things from The Suffering with syringes for eyes... they're called Mainliners. A picture won't do it justice, you have to see it in motion.

Man, when those guys get ahold of you and you see them trying to force their syringes into your face... ::shudder::

Top Bottom