• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freddy Krueger teased as next killer in Dead By Daylight

Razmos

a-nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-krueger-premium-format-feature-300366.jpg

Teaser Video

Following on from Michael Myers (Halloween) and Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) being released as killers in Dead by Daylight it has been heavily speculated that Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street) would be the next killer, this was fuelled by datamining which brought up the codename "Sandman" for the next killer.

Further datamining discovered new sound files which further hinted at his inclusion and the new teaser trailer all but confirms it.

Can't wait personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what powers and abilities he gets.
Dead By Daylight is a super addictive game and as a horror fan I love these inclusions of horror classics

drotahorror

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason is in the game eventually. It would be hilarious hah.

I wish the game was anything other than shitty QTEs

If you think getting chased is a QTE you're playing the wrong game. If you think playing the killer is a QTE I still have no idea what game you're playing.

I somewhat enjoyed my short time with Dead By Daylight. I got it on PS4 and was having a hard time finding people who weren't awful to play with though.

Question as far as all these different killers are concerned - do they really play differently enough and change things up enough to make it feel unique? The one thing I really like about the F13 game is how well it captures the movies and Jason, it's an incredibly unique experience. The different villains I saw in DBD seemed to all play *mostly* similar or at least the gameplay didn't feel radically different with the different villains.

Again, I haven't played a lot.

drotahorror

Jason has his own game, don't that'll happen.

That's why I said it would be funny. And Jason deserves better. Also, DBD's audience and playerbase is so much bigger than F13. AFAIK New Line owns Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason, which is owned by WB. Hence all 3 of those killers were in Mortal Kombat games.

Razmos

I somewhat enjoyed my short time with Dead By Daylight. I got it on PS4 and was having a hard time finding people who weren't awful to play with though.

Question as far as all these different killers are concerned - do they really play differently enough and change things up enough to make it feel unique? The one thing I really like about the F13 game is how well it captures the movies and Jason, it's an incredibly unique experience. The different villains I saw in DBD seemed to all play *mostly* similar or at least the gameplay didn't feel radically different with the different villains.

Again, I haven't played a lot.
Sure I think so. When playing as The Hag it's all about laying traps and being devious, When playing as The Shape (Michael Myers) you are pretty undetectable and your bloodlust increases the more you silently stalk and hunt your prey without them noticing you, The Huntress throws axes, the Doctor makes people insane and basically debuff them, The Nurse can teleport ect.

Each killer plays pretty differently

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's why I said it would be funny. And Jason deserves better. Also, DBD's audience and playerbase is so much bigger than F13. AFAIK New Line owns Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason, which is owned by WB. Hence all 3 of those killers were in Mortal Kombat games.
I was wondering how long it would take you to come in and take shots at the F13 game xD

Shoyz

I got burned out of DBD shortly after release but the licensed killers are the coolest thing ever. Love freddy.
(For the love of God, Robert Englund Freddy, not reboot Freddy this time)

drotahorror

Would you say F13 nes is a better game?

No, but as a kid I played what I had and was satisfied with it. Now with such an abundance of good games to play it's hard to bother with F13. Asymetrical MP games are great and I hope the genre gets better. Next up is Last Year. I'll look into it as it being disappointing from the get go that way I have little expectations.

But F13 The Game is as trash as the film series, so they work wonderfully.

A few of them are pretty good slashers. F13 IV is near the top of the slasher genre.

No, but as a kid I played what I had and was satisfied with it. Now with such an abundance of good games to play it's hard to bother with F13. Asymetrical MP games are great and I hope the genre gets better. Next up is Last Year. I'll look into it as it being disappointing from the get go that way I have little expectations.

A few of them are pretty good slashers. F13 IV is near the top of the slasher genre.

That’s the thing. The best thing about the films is the kills. And the game serves that up perfectly. They’re both low budget gore fests.

My sister in law, who barely ever plays games, but loves the F13 series absolutely loves the game. She basically plays it everyday. I dunno how this game is the most disappointing thing next to No Mans Sky. Games have to be hyped to death, and then come out , and be received poorly to be considered a disappointment.

Hexer06

This is really fucking cool! I wanna get this game eventually. If they release a complete edition with all the DLC Killers, I'll probably bite. Worried about the player base on Xbox though. :/

dubq

Doesn't New Line own the IP for both Freddy and Jason now? Odd that they'd let the Freddy license go to this game and not utilize it in some way for it's own game or some kind of add-on for the F13 game.

Karamsoul

This is awesome news! Really happy with the content the DBD devs keep bringing out for the fans. Who knows, we might even get Pumpkinhead or Candyman (dear lord please) next year.

YoshiMax

I really need to get back to playing this. Have they released Michael Myers for console yet?

Yes!

I love this game I’ll be getting Freddy immediately. One of the only online games I play with randoms and have found them with only the odd exception to be decent. Game deserves more success.

Now I want a Nightmare on Elm Street game where you have to survive your dreams ;-;

Woah, I never knew I wanted this. I imagine a game where you have to do stuff in the real world to fight Freddy (burry his remains and consecrate the ground, free his mother’s spirit so she can trap him, make booby traps so you can pull him out of your dream and use them against him). But all the while you have a tired’o’meter and you have to sleep to raise it, which would be dangerous or you could find cafine pills! Regardless, the longer you go without sleep, the more likely you are to dream while you’re awake, which would obviously be bad news. When you’re dreaming you’re just a sitting duck for Freddy to come along and get you.

Eh not a fan of these licensed characters in this game. It doesn't feel right, kinda like them being in Mortal Kombat games. These characters would be better suited with games made for them.

I'm glad Jason got his own game and not stuck in this.

New Line (Warner) owns Freddy and Jason. Lionsgate own Leatherface.

Nope. At the moment, Paramount owns the film rights to Jason (they got the rights back from New Line a while back). Since Paramount hasn’t done anything with the rights (they’ve abandoned every attempt at a new film since the remake in ‘09) they will revert back to the previous owners, New Line Cinema (which really only exists as a genre arm of Warner Bros now), sometime next year...and that’s IF the lawsuit over the character rights going on right now doesn’t end well for the writer of the first Friday the 13th.

Eh not a fan of these licensed characters in this game. It doesn't feel right, kinda like them being in Mortal Kombat games. These characters would be better suited with games made for them.

I'm glad Jason got his own game and not stuck in this.

Honestly, Michael fits in so perfectly with this game that I'm glad they didn't make an entire game about it.

Leatherface wouldn't have been a great singular game either. I think Jason was the perfect killer for an entire game based around them.

Top Bottom