• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free 2017 Parks Canada Discovery Pass Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilvin

Happy 150th Birthday Canada!

For all of 2017 this pass gives you unlimited opportunities to enjoy National Parks, National Marine Conservation Areas and National Historic Sites across the country!

Follow the link to order from the Parks Canada website, they start shipping mid-December.

Only one pass is required per household/carload, just display on your rearview mirror.

Note: Pass does not cover any additional fees such as parking, camping, etc.

http://www.commandesparcs-parksorde...urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=53407

----------------------------------------------

List of National Parks and Marine Conservation Areas: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Parks_of_Canada

List of National Historic Sites: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Historic_Sites_of_Canada

NandoGip

So what is this? I ordered one because it's free and I live in MA so might as well travel up there.

Does it usually cost something? Is this a yearly deal or what

So what is this? I ordered one because it's free and I live in MA so might as well travel up there.

Most National Parks and Historic Sites in Canada have entrance fees. This lets you get in for free.

Kilvin

It's not normally free, but the government of Canada is providing it in 2017 free of charge to celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday.

As already stated most National Parks have entry fees....should note that this doesn't cover additional fees such as camping, parking, etc.

DJ_Lae

Neat.

Now we can take a brief break in the Banff National Park rather than just driving through, and I'm sure there are others worth visiting too.

Wow, awesome! Just ordered one. Any recommendations for places to use this in BC or western provinces? I don't think I've ever been to any national park.

Is there a list of "parks" or things that normally cost money but not with this? I live in Toronto and always wanted to do a Canadian road trip. Have only been to Calgary, Edmonton and Ft. Mac :(

Kilvin

Is there a list of "parks" or things that normally cost money but not with this? I live in Toronto and always wanted to do a Canadian road trip. Have only been to Calgary, Edmonton and Ft. Mac :(

I've updated the OP with two Wikipedia articles that will help.

Thanks for posting it!

I had heard they were doing this but then completely forgot about it so this will be great. Not much in SK outside of Cypress, but this will probably force me to plan a trip.

Kilvin

Seems the site has been getting hammered last night and today since word has spread. People seem to be getting error reports when trying to load through the order process.

Just keep trying and it should eventually work.

trixx

Went camping somewhere in northern ontario earlier this year. Highly recommend checking the beautiful landscape across the country. Damn if I could drive I'd travel across the country

stuminus3

Banned
That's awesome, thanks for letting us know OP, ordered mine and forwarded it on to some friends and family already! :)

Brofield

Go figure my cross country Canada road trip was last year, but honestly I'll order one anyways if only to keep as memorabilia, and hey maybe I will be able to check out a park in southern ontario if my schedules stay free in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom