• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Email Service with 1TB storage (yes you read right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I don't work for them, or anything. I'm just trying to spread this to as many places as I can to get the word out, because it seems like one of the first genuine, legit things to hit the web in a long time. Hope I'm not proven wrong...

http://www.youvegotpost.com/

From their FAQ:

ok so your saying just anyone can come along and get nearly 1tb of storage, yes i know few will actually use, but if just a few that's tons, i mean how

also i don't see ads, so wuts the catch here?

how do you make money?

how do you even break even?

and if like nonprofit, where is funding coming from?

~~~~~~~

Hey,

Good points...all of them.

As you may have noticed, we offer a prepaid dialup service You've Got Dialup! http://www.youvegotdialup.com, which we expect to earn a few beans from.

The Cheese and his associates are involved in a number of profitable businesses, which are offline. The concept is to develop You've Got Post! into a really great email service / community and then spin it into a community like Yahoo or any of the others, but with the backbone of free email (FreeMail). There should be enough ways of earning a few crumbs through non-advertising programs and services we can develop and NOT shove down our user's throats...

Users should want to support our community by using You've Got Dialup! and the other services that will come online over the coming months....

Amy

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
If nothing else I've found a new email to sign up for anything I ever need to sign up for. Since they offer so many domains use some obscure one as your "sign up for shit" email, and .com as a real one, to store huge files. I'm just gonna use it like a virtual harddrive.

Phoenix

1 Terrabyte of storage - for free? I thought we managed to kill of the .com morons off 5 years ago. These business models are like roaches, just can't get rid of them.

Isn't it obvious? From Google's 1GB email to this one's 1TB email, it's free because of the advertising, or should I say snooping your things for displaying the right ads. I guess massive storage is a better deal than privacy for most people. These are companies that will spy on you, and are proud of it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mr. E. Yis said:
Isn't it obvious? From Google's 1GB email to this one's 1TB email, it's free because of the advertising, or should I say snooping your things for displaying the right ads. I guess massive storage is a better deal than privacy for most people. These are companies that will spy on you, and are proud of it.

omg i got this email right, and its got like atleast 120gb of storage!

its called "my hard drive" or something like that.

Phoenix

Mr. E. Yis said:

Its obvious that many will try to follow the piper, and even more obvious that most of them will go bankrupt in this poorly thought out business model. There is a reason why advertiser only businesses exist in a relatively small consolidated business ecosystem - there's not enough food for too many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom