• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Official Thread of Inherent Greatness

NotWii

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm importing this game as we speak and I'll be joining the party by the end of the week, but one question: is it worth going through the game with a guide to how much each character wants? Is the bargaining mechanic just too broken?
Use a guide when it starts to get annoying. (for me it was about the 3rd or 4th island)
There's a certain fun that comes with this "Price is right" mechanic

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I got the game in the mail today:
vomums.jpg

I don't think I'll get the chance to play it until next week though, my DS is occupied with Devil Survivor atm. Does anybody have any tips on the bartering system before I start?

sphinx

the piano man
dear jj984jj, I am sorry to tell you you waste your time.

I have tried for a year to convince GAF to give me ANY advice on this game and it's like it's embargo'd here. Noone ever says a word about it, noone cares about it.

Sad because it's actually a very nice approach to the Zelda formula and people are missing out.

and FUCK NOA for not bringing it here.

Hmm, I remember there was a website with a table with the best amounts to pay.

I did not use it, though I had to reset a lot. If you overpay too much for something, then you'll probably spend hours grinding for money.

The other annoying aspect of the game are the Drifter Bodyguards, though you won't have to worry about them till late in the game.

EDIT: here it is: http://www.importgamers.com/tingle/negotiationguide.php

Allan Holdsworth said:
Hmm, I remember there was a website with a table with the best amounts to pay.

I did not use it, though I had to reset a lot. If you overpay too much for something, then you'll probably spend hours grinding for money.

The other annoying aspect of the game are the Drifter Bodyguards, though you won't have to worry about them till late in the game.

EDIT: here it is: http://www.importgamers.com/tingle/negotiationguide.php
Quoted for awesome. Thanks!

OK, still on the first continent (just got to the Lon Lon Plains), but I'm now firmly convinced that Tingle is being scammed by Uncle Rupee and Pinkle. Uncle Rupee seems to be living it up on Tingle's hard-earned coin and his clothes/surroundings get more opulent each time you raise the tower just a little taller. Each time you get to a new level, he demands more rupees of you to reach the next level.

The parallels to Scientology just get more and more apt.

Make sure to find all of the optional treasures in the game (they are the things that appear in tingle's house after you find them, they don't provide rupees). It's totally worth it (seriously).

evilchicken said:
Make sure to find all of the optional treasures in the game (they are the things that appear in tingle's house after you find them, they don't provide rupees). It's totally worth it (seriously).
I've only got the poster so far. What are the requirements for the optional treasures?

Top Bottom