• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

NickFire

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21449-faq-content-legal-status-and-the-future-of-the-game/

Hey Campers,

Long time no see, I hope you're well. Been a crazy few months, huh? I know there's a lot of questions you all have about the game, future content, legal, etc, etc. We rounded up the most frequently asked questions from the community and worked with the license holders to answer them.

Everything we put out or say publicly (including this very forum post) must be approved by the license holders. Some of you will have more questions after reading this below, however, we are not currently able to answer them. Please do not think this is me, or anyone from Gun ignoring you. Please understand the sensitivity and seriousness that the entire F13 IP is currently tangled up in. I spent the last few weeks with legal and the license holders getting these answers. When we know more and can share it, we will.

Q: Does this mean you (Gun Media) can create new DLC now?

A: We cannot currently add new DLC or Content to the game and it is unclear if this can ever happen. We can only perform maintenance, balance, QoL fixes and bug fixes.

Q: Why won’t/when will Gun Media add Uber Jason/Grendel/Clothing DLC?

A: The entire license is currently under a legal microscope. We wish this was a more clear-cut, black and white scenario, but it is not. There is a lot of gray. We hope that in the near future more legal clarity will occur, but this is not Gun’s call. As mentioned previously, at this time we can not add any new content, regardless of where the content falls within the F13 canon (Uber Jason for example).

While Uber Jason appeared to be close to being finished, there was still remaining work that needs to be completed in order to finish him. When we got word to stop, we stopped. There were clothing packs and kill packs that were also nearly complete. However, the Grendel map still had months of work to go. When this content was leaked, we were under 50% complete. It is not likely that Grendel will ever see the light of day.

Q: Why did you (Gun Media) decide to stop making content?

A: The decision was made for us to stop making content due to the sensitivity of the legal process. Gun does not own rights to Friday the 13th: The Game. We continue to work with our partners at Horror, Inc. as more information unfolds. Gun wants to release content, as do our partners at Horror. Until more clarity is provided, we can not add new content.

Q: Why won’t you (Gun Media) settle with/pay Victor Miller to create content?

A: Gun is not a part of the legal issues surrounding the license. It is not our call to “settle” or “pay” anyone as it relates to the legal issues. Our partners at Horror, Inc have reached out a few times in an effort to settle with Mr. Miller. However, we were informed that this communication was ignored. We hope that all parties can come together in the future, so we can add some new content, but it’s not likely, nor should it be expected.

Q: Why won’t Horror Inc. settle with Miller so you can create content?

A: As mentioned previously, this has been attempted in the past with no progress. Our partners at Horror, Inc will continue to reach out to Mr. Miller, but until communication lines are opened up, there is very little we, or our partners can do at this time.

-Wes Keltner

Seems to open the door a smidge to possible content drops in the future. Hopefully they resolve that case before the player base drops off again.

drunkchan

Neo Member
Well yeah, the earlier levels don't require that much XP to gain (IIRC level 20 is about where the amount required to go up a level stops increasing), it's like Overwatch that way.
There has also been 2xp (sometimes 1.7xp?) for awhile now.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sean Cunningham and Horror Inc have filed an appeal, which likely means another 2 to 4 years of legal bullshit. I think it's time to officially close the door. This sucks, even more so after GUN softened their stance on the potential for future DLC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:
The latest patches that came a couple days ago have fixed the matchmaking problems for me. I tried two different times and it took about 20-30 seconds to find a game. Before it was almost impossible.

NickFire

I haven't played this game in a long time. It sucks the lawsuit is preventing future DLC. Truly a shame.
Me neither. Once they announced development was over I lost interest for some reason, part of which I know was a feeling of betrayal because I don't see how they never saw this coming. Really hope they resolve the case and the devs release what was disclosed before the sudden halt.

kill5b.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Top Bottom