• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FROM should make a new King's Field for PSVR

I can't be the only one who feels this way. Take all the refinements they've learned with the Souls games and give us a first person King's Field for PSVR. Just the thought of it gives me chills. Imagine the unsettling atmospheres of King's Field and Soulsborne games in first person with head tracking

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have never agreed with anything more than I do your post

Hell even a remake of kf4 in vr would be a nice romp

FROM is on the list of "supporting developers" for PSVR, but my money's on an Armored Core game for it. I'd like to be wrong, though.

But King's Field is about taking multiple hours to look up and down and around.

You'll get some good neck stretching done

Kudo

I've been wanting this since the dawn of VR. I sincerely hope they get it done, it would be enough reason for me to get PSVR.

Foffy

Banned
tumblr_n42x7twsaP1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Me if we got any new King's Field. Sure, Souls/Bloodborne are successors, but VR might be a good avenue to return to the first person formula From had with the KF games.

I mean, consider for a moment almost all of those games were made prior to the use of both analog sticks in first person titles.

Peltz

FROM is on the list of "supporting developers" for PSVR, but my money's on an Armored Core game for it. I'd like to be wrong, though.

You'll get some good neck stretching done
I'd honestly prefer an AC game over KF. That sounds more suited for seated VR.

Spman2099

It would mean that I would buy VR the second that game released. I would take something like Legend of Grimlock, but a King's Field game with VR would be so incredible.

This already had a lengthy discussion in another thread.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/on-...dark-souls-iii-director-hidetaka-miyazaki-400

"We always look back at our back catalogue for inspiration for new titles," Miyazaki says, "but when it comes to very old things like the King's Field series, I'm concerned about just mimicking the style of what Naotoshi Zin, the founder of FromSoftware, created for the PlayStation original. I would rather not go back to it simply out of respect."

And Armored Core in VR just seems like a fast way to vomit. While I'd love that, I doubt they see it as a viable investment.

I bet if they do make a VR project it'll be a new IP or at least Steel Battalion.

I would like FROM to stray from the Souls-type games for a bit (even though I adore them), but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't very appealing.

MaDKaT

Isn't that just a description of KF combat?

Honestly never played them, lol. Just the idea of wielding hand held combat weapons in VR without any sort of tactile contact response would feel awkward imo.

Love the idea of something like Armored Core, just without the ridiculous boosting.

Arulan

I would want to see it with a focus on room-scale VR, which unfortunately isn't the PSVRs strength. I believe dungeon-crawler RPGs are a natural fit for room-scale. The confined corridors and passages naturally limit your mobility, and there are plenty of genre conventions that can already be used to give you the illusion of a larger space (teleporters, spinners[well..], stairs, etc). Or you could simply make each room one in-game grid. King's Field follows more in the tradition of Ultima Underworld, but many of the same things can apply.

Oh, they should do this.

They should already be working on it.

Please FROM, say that you're already working on it (despite the fact that you probably won't).

Nephtes

With From Software's penchant for frame pacing issues in recent years, I can't wait for the help with some weight loss this game would provide! :D

because of all the vomiting...

Bring on King's Field VR I say...
(To get it to run 60 FPS, it's going to need to look as old school as King's Field 1 huh?)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
These games really did the whole "stranger in a strange land" masterfully. Imagine putting on the PSVR, loading the game up, and starting on some abandoned harbor. No indication where to go, just explore.

I'm sure FROM has floated the idea of reviving this series. They have to.

Bl@de

VR or not. FROM should make a new King's Field and use what they learned from Souls. VR would be the icing on the cake.

120v

i don't expect King's Field to come back. but From is obviously working on a PSVR exclusive... would be surprised if it wasn't a first person Soulsbourne

Fbh

I'm not that interested in PSVR.

But if they make this with the level of detail and level design of a Souls game I'd tottaly buy a PSVR just for this

It would probably look horrible though.
FROM games are artistically strong but graphically rather weak on consoles and that's running at 30fps with drops.
A locked 60fps+ console game by them would look ps2 tier

Top Bottom