• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software says a little more about their new games [UP: More on Souls-like game]

So I see delusion and wishful thinking has reached an all time high so I'm just going to bow out right now.
You still haven't provided an example of a single time they said it was a completely new IP, despite claiming this was said multiple times. I don't think we're the wishful thinkers.

Gbraga

Well aren't those two things kind of the same? If Dark Souls was Sony exclusive it would have been called Demon's Souls II.

Probably, but I don't think it would be the same game. From doesn't seem to want to make Final Fantasy style "independent sequels". If they put a II in front of its name, then it's a sequel.

Like, I don't think Bloodborne would be just Demon's Souls III and be the exact same game if the series stayed with Sony the whole time. When they create a new world, they give it a new name.

You still haven't provided an example of a single time they said it was a completely new IP, despite claiming this was said multiple times. I don't think we're the wishful thinkers.
Dark Souls is a Dark Fantasy game from a different angle than Demon Souls, but it's not Demon Souls II
Bloodborne is a Dark Fantasy game from a different angle than Dark Souls, but it's not Dark Souls III/IV
This new thing can just as easily be a spin off or new IP.
Combined with this sentiment
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

Gamespot said:
Miyazaki also told us about how there are no plans, at least not right now, for a Dark Souls IV or Bloodborne 2. Additionally, he cleared up his previous comments about a potential Demon's Souls remaster and explained what he hopes the Dark Souls legacy will be.

This was from July 2016

Top Bottom