• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software would like to make more Japanese style games, Miyazaki interested in AC

squall23

Please don't bring your game design format to a new ACE.

Sincerely, those that want a new ACE that doesn't suck like the last one.

Samurai Souls

Leveraging all the monsters and ghosts from Eastern mythology. Great idea, would play.

Into my fucking veins. TBH this where they should go next or something like it. Let Souls rest for a bit and give us Western fans who are craving for a great eastern inspired experience something to chew on...Square take too long lol

benzy

Otogi 3 must happen.

ibePNZgrJeofVL.gif

ChipotIe

Banned
AC should probably not be abbreviated lol

It's fair to assume what AC means in the context of From Software.

And oh man Otogi... it's been so long. Skipped the longest generation even. It would be incredible to see what they can do with this IP in this day and age.

Sendero

A new full Tenchu by From Software would be a riot.
Specially if it includes a PC version. Seriously hoping they don't go all Sony on me.

Wolff

Good. After BloodBorne we can get something different from the Souls formula and I'd LOVE a new Tenchu. The series is gone for too long already. Do it, From Software.

From should do a Soul game in the east.

Always wanted something like that. When they return to the series it would be a very interesting thing to do.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
There was never any doubt that they would continue to make more AC games, so I'm going to back up the Otogi supporters. I want Otogi!

Also it's pretty funny how so many people seem to have forgotten that we got 4 AC games since the 360's launch, one came out just last year, and one was already directed by Miyazaki.
Of course, it is Armored Core and mostly prior to Miyazaki's deification so it's expected that no one would actually know that.

Yeah Armored Core probably needs something new to spice it up, after what happened to V.

However keep Kantai collection out of it.

What happened to V? We got Verdict Day out of it and that was great.

V was too online focused, at least the way they were trying to implement it was weird. The framerate was also not too hot. The actual AC's weren't too keen on me either. Also having 2 kinds (or was 3?) of rounds for weapons also seemed a bit odd. The combat also felt more stiff. It could be because I liked 4 and FA a lot, but I do remember playing AC3 and AC2 AA and I dont remember it feeling that weird.

I didn't play Verdict Day but what I heard is that it didnt fix too many things, they just changed the mission structure, I don't know how true that is.

“They’re titles we’ve continued working on for the past 11 years, so we’ll continue taking good care of them.”

Hi Capcom/Konami. You can learn a thing or two here.

Sande

Thank god it wasn't Assassin's Creed. We need a title change to avoid a massive wave of heart attacks and loss of faith in humanity. Although an assassination game with actually good gameplay would be intriguing.

Top Bottom