• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From the maker of many crazy portable consoles (360 laptop mod)

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
I think I want to get a sex change, seduce him, marry him (this would be so much easier if he was gay... is he?), kill him, and inherit all the cool shit he's made over the years.

Ford Prefect said:
I think I want to get a sex change, seduce him, marry him (this would be so much easier if he was gay... is he?), kill him, and inherit all the cool shit he's made over the years.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get him to adopt you instead?

So, if he made the 360 hardware fit into that.... why did Microsoft make it so ****ing huge? PLUS it has a screen, AND a keyboard, built-in.

Vormund

Only just quickly looked at it, and it's water cooled - which would cost more, so that's why he could get it down to that size.

Aaron

argon said:
Nice, but it needs a handle. (or more likely a shoulder strap considering the weight).
Just marry it with a soft briefcase, which will also have room for the power brick, controller, games, and other accessories.

M3wThr33

Banned
Ya know, he sure does do a lot of bitching about the PS3 price on his page for someone who spends a lot of money on consoles.

Tony HoTT

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Ya know, he sure does do a lot of bitching about the PS3 price on his page for someone who spends a lot of money on consoles.
I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has bitched about the price. Even if they have come to accept it. (I haven't)

M3wThr33

Banned
Tony HoTT said:
I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has bitched about the price. Even if they have come to accept it. (I haven't)
Is it just a trend to hate popular things but talk about how awesome the older one was?
I've seen this with Nintendo, Pokemon, Tony Hawk, etc. (Oddly enough, Nintendo is coming around again...)

alterego

radioheadrule83 said:
Last thing I expected from the thread title was an Xbox 360 laptop. Looks awesome! :p

This thread needs a title change - I nearly overlooked it.

The XBOX 360 laptop is very cool indeed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Alright, that is hands down the coolest mod I've actually seen, and is actually practical too... wow

ANd if it weren't for GAF being so slow with news right now, I would have never clicked on this link and seen it... didn't see this one coming at all...

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
Not too happy with the way that the wifi antenna turned out. Anyone try disecting the USB wifi thing and see if you can't switch out the antenna with a TNC plug? Hell, the damn thing is so big, I'm sure no one would notice if he hooked up a N-Panel Mount. XBox 360 wardriving, lawl.

wasting

Banned
story_1.jpg

:lol :lol

mug

Vormund said:
Only just quickly looked at it, and it's water cooled - which would cost more, so that's why he could get it down to that size.
I could have sworn that the 360 was already water cooled from those pre-release videos that were shown about "designing" etc.

Variable

I wonder if you can hear yourself think while it's on. The normal 360 is terribly loud, even for console standards.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sorry to bump this but I just ran across this mod and I am absolutely speechless. I mean the guy actually TRANSFORMED a 360 into a freakin laptop! If that isn't impressive I don't know what is.

I am SERIOUSLY considering spending the $3500 he's asking for, to get one. The only thing holding me back is the fact that 360s are so bloody unreliable and modding it into a laptop monster could potentially cause it to freeze up quite frequently. Plus, I paid $4500 for a Sager 4.6Ghz notebook with 4Gb of ram and I still haven't utilized it to it's maximum potential. I mean, the only PC software I've played on it is Tony Hawk :lol:

I love using my notebook here at work, so I don't think I can justify buying that 360 laptop.

Maybe Agent Icebreezy can, though :D

Top Bottom