• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware is Apparently Working on a PS5 Exclusive, Project “Velvet Veil”

cireza

Yeah, and Square-Enix were working on another exclusive FF game for PS5, that happened to be multi-platform. We know how rumors work.

Last edited:

yurinka

Thank you.
You're welcome. Regarding this news, in some other media outlets you'll see a headline saying Sony bought 2% of Kadokawa but it's fake news: Sony didn't pay a shit for it and same goes with Cygames. Kadokawa gave them the ~2% of shares in exchange for helping Kadokawa get a global approach.

Concern

At this point, true or not. It doesn't matter since we are still far off from Elden Ring. We probably won't see anything for at least another 2 or three years if this is even real.

Also, Bloodborne 2 or nothing

GuinGuin

Banned
At this point, true or not. It doesn't matter since we are still far off from Elden Ring. We probably won't see anything for at least another 2 or three years if this is even real.

The reason you liked Bloodborne is because it was fresh. A sequel won't recreate that only a new IP. From understands this. Sadly most gamers don't.

Concern

The reason you liked Bloodborne is because it was fresh. A sequel won't recreate that only a new IP. From understands this. Sadly most gamers don't.

The setting was it for me. I was never that into the other Souls like I was Bloodborne. Only one out of them that I had multiple playthroughs in.

GuinGuin

Banned
The setting was it for me. I was never that into the other Souls like I was Bloodborne. Only one out of them that I had multiple playthroughs in.

Expect a fourth totally different setting unrelated to Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, or Sekiro.

Concern

Expect a fourth totally different setting unrelated to Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, or Sekiro.

Could be interesting but we'll see. Honestly lost the hype for Elden Ring with what was shown. So its not like they can't disappoint me either.

Kokoloko85

Why hasn't Sony just bought from yet? They are clearly sleeping together like Bethesda and ms.

Bethesda never done anything with MS exclusively. Morrowind on OG Xbox which was on the PC too is as close as it got.

Whereas From Software made Demon Souls, Bloodborne and Deracine exclusively for Playstation

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Velvet veil... easy mode save anytime confirmed..

Nooooo GIF

GuinGuin

Banned

There is nothing stopping them from working on two games at the same time.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Velvet Veil sounds like a Japanse band doesn't it

I love it..

Quell Surprise..

Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

Last edited:

Concern

Bloodborne was announced June 2014 and released March 2015. How long do they keep things under wraps?

They usually don't show much till its close to release. Bloodborne being the perfect example. I believe Sekiro was like that too.

They were shown the E3 the year before and both released the following March/April respectively iirc.

VinnyMac

Bethesda never done anything with MS exclusively. Morrowind on OG Xbox which was on the PC too is as close as it got.

Whereas From Software made Demon Souls, Bloodborne and Deracine exclusively for Playstation
Lol Ok? If you can honestly sit here and say Bethesda was not in ms's bed and has been for years your nuts they always got the best versions of their games they always got the marketing rights to fallout and elder scrolls. Got special perks with fallout (mods). Have been at Xboxs e3 for literally as long as I can remember. I mean come on just stop.

iceatcs

Wonder what happened to the rumored Xbox sci-fi exclusive... hmmm
Debunked for now due to Xbox most favourite person after Phil - Jeff Grubb stating that it's false.

Maybe it is true about PS5 thing, as Jeff seem avoid to leak anything linked with PlayStation.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Lol Ok? If you can honestly sit here and say Bethesda was not in ms's bed and has been for years your nuts they always got the best versions of their games they always got the marketing rights to fallout and elder scrolls. Got special perks with fallout (mods). Have been at Xboxs e3 for literally as long as I can remember. I mean come on just stop.

Theres nothing to stop lol. Im just saying the relationship is different. One had marketing rights and one actually made exclusive games for the platform and worked with the 1st party team. Playstation didn’t miss out on any Bethesda Exclusives or anything apart from Morrowind.

Anyway Bethesda is now owned by Microsoft so they are way more in bed now lol

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

They should make the game and give it to BluePoint to remake it before release so the game don't have that awful frame pacing FROM games are known for.

Bryank75

Banned
Debunked for now due to Xbox most favourite person after Phil - Jeff Grubb stating that it's false.

Maybe it is true about PS5 thing, as Jeff seem avoid to leak anything linked with PlayStation.

Do you remember where that rumor originated from?

yurinka

Every couple of weeks someone throws the rumor of FS working on a PS5. Some day it won't be a bullshit lie from an attention whore and instead will become true. I think that as of now they are too busy with Elder Ring.

SSfox

I hope it's true but Hermen Hulst seems too busy porting ps4 games to PC and making deals on GaaS games to be able to make some wise deal like this rumour suggest.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Fucking aye....so much money lost if its not coming to pc..but whatevs, am rich and i have all consoles and pc so i guess ill just dust off my ps5 when moment comes

Who's the source of this rumor and what's their track record look like? A lot rumors lately have been wildly off the mark, whether that's FF Origins (remember when everyone was hyping that because they thought it was a PS5 exclusive, and not even if they knew the game was good or not? Then the reveal came and folks had egg on their face?), Switch OLED being 4K-capable with beefed-up specs, or Microsoft announcing a bunch of acquisitions at their E3.

However it feels like the PlayStation-centric ones have been the most iffy, so I wouldn't put much any stock into this one especially if the source is weak.

GuinGuin

Banned
Who's the source of this rumor and what's their track record look like? A lot rumors lately have been wildly off the mark, whether that's FF Origins (remember when everyone was hyping that because they thought it was a PS5 exclusive, and not even if they knew the game was good or not? Then the reveal came and folks had egg on their face?), Switch OLED being 4K-capable with beefed-up specs, or Microsoft announcing a bunch of acquisitions at their E3.

However it feels like the PlayStation-centric ones have been the most iffy, so I wouldn't put much any stock into this one especially if the source is weak.

Same person that leaked the Ghost of Ishima DLC. It's legit.

Top Bottom