• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frontier Dev - Roller coaster game in works

New tycoon game AND a new soul reaver?
Someone has been reading wishlist threads.
Santa

New rollcage and zone of the enders now please.

D-Pad

Fat Goron said:
Well, at least we do have this: "We are thinking hard about the next Rollercoaster Tycoon game on PC."

So, even if this Frontier project is some Kinect shit, we can still wait for the real deal.....

But, seriously, since the first hints about RCT4, the waiting is killing me, I really hope they show something at E3. As you said, the renaming (if that's the case) may be "Chris Sawyer"-related, but we can always dream higher (can't we?) and think thay they may have moved from "RollerCoaster Tycoon" to "RollerCoaster Resort Tycoon".

That would be GLORIOUS. *o*

Doesn't Atari own the rights to the title?

DiscoJer

If Frontier is going to keep making rollercoaster games, then Chris Sawyer needs to start making Elite IV.

(He handled the PC port of II, afterall)

D-Pad

Pikelet said:
I just came here to say what i always do in RCT threads: Make the old ones work on Windows 7 for gods sake.

Mine stopped crashing on me (knock on wood) and I've been able to get some good play time out of them. I've set the compatibility to the following, see if it works for you:

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Disable Visual Themes
Run as Administrator

But, yeah. Atari needs to get on this shit. I'd buy RCT AND RCT 2 again if they'd release a DD version that works for Windows 7, how hard could it be?! They don't want my money!

Dachande

D-Pad said:
But, yeah. Atari needs to get on this shit. I'd buy RCT AND RCT 2 again if they'd release a DD version that works for Windows 7, how hard could it be?! They don't want my money!

The first two games were coded in assembly by Chris Sawyer alone, so Atari would need to comb through the very, very complicated code and modify it to get it working, or if they don't have the source at all then they'd need to reverse engineer the whole thing.

It's too much time and effort to do either of those for what would not be much return.

D-Pad

InaudibleWhispa said:
They've updated their twitter.

The game won't be at E3 and, when asked if the game will be dumbed down for a casual audience, they replied "we're giving our coaster design enthusiasts full rein, so not dumbed down at all. Obviously we want it to be as easy to use as poss."

Wait... That confirms PC right? Right? No way can they cater to coaster enthusiasts on a more limited console platform.

Top Bottom