• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frustrated With GOG Over Lacking Patches/Updates

xrnzaaas

I haven't noticed the problem, but to be honest I don't buy many new games on GOG. I use it for old games and smaller indie releases. Unless they're major bugs desperately waiting to be fixed I'd still praise them for successfully convincing devs & publishers to sell their games without any anti-piracy protection.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My GOG library is up to 750 games now, so I buy stuff there regularly (though a lot of those were freebies too).

I don't really fret too much about the games not getting the latest updates / patches / DLC, as long as the games are playable. And in my experience, that's always been the case. There've been a few times I thought to myself "I wish I would have bought this on Steam instead" (for various reasons), but then I remember that I'd rather have a DRM free copy of the game and that, for me, that trumps any other concerns.

Top Bottom