• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fry's Death Watch

ManaByte

Gold Member
Went into the Anaheim Fry's back in September and the place was a ghost town and the shelves empty. Turns out Fry's is transitioning to a "consignment model" and they're starting to close stores.

RIP to the place that's Forever Reselling Your Shit.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Darth Vader Noooooooooo!!!!

I like Fry's. Dat sux.

I was in Best Buy a few months ago to pick up a couple physical copies of Curse of the Moon. Place was a ghost town. I literally felt bad for them. I wouldn't be surprised if that location was closed now.

daveonezero

Banned
Its true. I was there months ago in my town and it is a weird place. Its huge and lots of stuff that no one needs. All the good stuff is gone or never restocked.

Darkmakaimura

There's only one in LV. I was just there in July.
I thought they opened another one. Maybe it was in Summerlin but that's technically not Vegas even though you couldn't tell.

Well that's good. Because the Best Buy on Maryland Pky pretty much had tumbleweed blowing about it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought they opened another one. Maybe it was in Summerlin but that's technically not Vegas even though you couldn't tell.

Well that's good. Because the Best Buy on Maryland Pky pretty much had tumbleweed blowing about it.
Well only one by the strip, I should say.

Darkmakaimura

Well only one by the strip, I should say.
Yeah that's the one on Las Vegas Blvd near Sunset Rd.

It's a great store. Good deals on PCs and the game selection is top notch. Haven't been there in a while but I remember they had even older games, brand new still, that nobody else carried.

Food court in the middle too.

It's a fun place to just browse. Glad at least that location is still around.

SegaShack

Yeah that's the one on Las Vegas Blvd near Sunset Rd.

It's a great store. Good deals on PCs and the game selection is top notch. Haven't been there in a while but I remember they had even older games, brand new still, that nobody else carried.

Food court in the middle too.

It's a fun place to just browse. Glad at least that location is still around.
I was in the Vegas store in November 2019 and 3/4ths of the shelves were empty. The movies and games were all from 2016 and earlier and were only DVD (no bluray).

Their PC section didn't have RAM, Processors, or MoBos and only had power supplies and super outdated video cards.

It was a giant store with only 1-3 customers but there were like 30 employees in the office area by the registers that were doing work on the computer.

It makes no sense. I have heard all the frys are like this now. No idea what's going on. Maybe they are trying to fail as hard as they can for a nice tax write off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom