• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTW: The Fall Classic Games15 Saigon Cup Double KO Topanga B League Tekken world SSS

Tripon

Kbrad signed a one year extension in June, and he's there to get exposure for the team which he can easily do with his antics. Ricki Ortiz is the one that should watch her back. She hasn't done shit since too 8 at EVO in 2014.

Tripon

Chris G taking Ultra more seriously than Justin Wong is.

I thought Tempo Storm signed ChrisG a year early just so they had him for the start of SFV, but it looks like its starting to pay dividends early.

crash-14

Kbrad signed a one year extension in June, and he's there to get exposure for the team which he can easily do with his antics. Ricki Ortiz is the one that should watch her back. She hasn't done shit since too 8 at EVO in 2014.

We don't now what terms are implied in that contract.

I think Ricky it's going to enter Capcom Cup so she probably good. If She doesn't I could agree, but due her achievements with the team I'm not sure...

kirblar

Finally Ricki has a character that plays to her strengths.

edit: And she has a perfect backup character archetype to switch to to blow up counterpicks.

Unlucky

TFC USF4 top 8

Winners
Tampa Bison vs Snake Eyez
Dieminon vs Ricki Ortiz

Losers
Smug vs 801Strider
KBrad vs Brentiscool

Kikujiro

Snake Eyez, Dieminion and Strider can potentially gatekeep the rest of the US. Smug needs to win this if he wants a spot in the CC.

crash-14

Will see tomorrow. Smug needs at least a top 2 in order to be on the fight. Same goes to Kbrad. Tampa needs to win i
Now the qualy line it's at 64 points, but that can totally change the next 2 weeks with the 2 premier events (TGS/Kuwait) and the 2 european ranking events (UK/Norway).

Right now there are 4 players between those 64-68 points. The next jump it's Fuudo with 82, who most likely won't stay with that amount.

It has been confirmed that Luffy and Valmaster will attend the UK ranking event. So that pretty much leaves Phenom a free road in Norway. At the moment Ryan Hart it's not confirmed to attend the UK ranking event, so maybe he could go to Norway. But if no international attends, the point will be between those 2 an Veggey. Not expecting any other top european players going there (It's the same weekend as the UK one).

Also I think for the next CPT they need to remake the points system. There isn't a real difference by winning a premier or a ranking event while speaking about points. Just better seeding for CPT finals, but other than that...
They should look how F1 and MotoGP/SBK do theirs and apply something similar.

In F1 the first 10 drivers get points like this 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1
In Motogp it works this way for the first 15 racers 25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

There's reward for winning. But there's also reward in being quite consistent. There's no way that some one who has placed 1 and 3 in 2 races finishes on top of another one that has placer 5 times 5th.

Maybe during the week I apply one of those systems into the CPT Tour. Just to see how it could have effect the standings.

Also they should put in the player's profile where did they get their points

There's reward for winning. But there's also reward in being quite consistent. There's no way that some one who has placed

I would prefer if they changed the point system for next year so it's not so top heavy. Finishing outside of top 4 just seems like such a failure. Look at Shiro, he finished 7th at Saigon Cup. I think this is the 4th or 5th time he's finished 7th through 13th place. You get points for that, but it's so little that it has practically no impact on helping him get into Capcom Cup. All those finishes have given him 17 extra points which is barely over half of what he got at his first and most impressive finish which was 3rd at Nine States Tournament.

I want to see those be able to grind out a spot in Capcom Cup if they keep attending and continue placing pretty high. Even if he still gets 2 points for finishing 9th, at least 2nd will only get maybe 20 or 25 instead of 64 so with enough effort he can climb his way back and pass the dude who finished 2nd if that guy doesn't place again or attend anymore CPT events.

crash-14

I would prefer if they changed the point system for next year so it's not so top heavy. Finishing outside of top 4 just seems like such a failure. Look at Shiro, he finished 7th at Saigon Cup. I think this is the 4th or 5th time he's finished 7th through 13th place. You get points for that, but it's so little that it has practically no impact on helping him get into Capcom Cup. All those finishes have given him 17 extra points which is barely over half of what he got at his first and most impressive finish which was 3rd at Nine States Tournament.

I want to see those be able to grind out a spot in Capcom Cup if they keep attending and continue placing pretty high. Even if he still gets 2 points for finishing 9th, at least 2nd will only get maybe 20 or 25 instead of 64 so with enough effort he can climb his way back and pass the dude who finished 2nd if that guy doesn't place again or attend anymore CPT events.

I edited my post cuz I forgot to complete that. But pretty much it's what you said.

And I think the problem here it's ranking events. It shouldn't be that determinant make top 3 in those events. There not always as stacked as a premier event. Points should be a bit more even imo.

Also for next year. They should try to not have 2 raking events from the same region and 2 premier events the same weekend.

That issue happened with Norcal-Hypespotting and it's going to happen with:

EGX (UK) - TCOR (Norway)
SoCal - Brazil CPT Premier
Defend the north - Cyber Olympics Central América (It's a Wildcard but we know that americans will show up).

You're taking options from most players and giving advantage to a few. For example, I think it sucks that Valmaster it's losing 1 chance to get points cuz 2 ranking events in his area are the same weekend.

Tripon

I think it's fine if a ranking event and a Premier event or two ranking events in different regions are on the same weekend. Especially when in general, only Asian players are traveling out of region in order to compete in other regions. All the tournaments are created independently of each other so there will be bound to be some overlap.

The only thing they should prevent is the two premier events in the same weekend because then the player base is truly split up and the tournament suffers.

Zissou

Underused?

Breh Sentinel is an EVO winner!

Wackbot never again!

In other news Takumi makes yet another top 8 for the game. This guy really IS the next KBR!

Just saying _____/Sent/Vergil is in some ways superior to _____/Doom/Vergil but is used like a tenth as much.

Takumi is ridiculous- he actually mentioned he was considering moving to the U.S. to play marvel- dude is that into the game. He also has a legit point Zero and point Morrigan has well- he plays the holy trinity of top tiers.

Also, 645 with the marvel salty suite here.

crash-14

I think it's fine if a ranking event and a Premier event or two ranking events in different regions are on the same weekend. Especially when in general, only Asian players are traveling out of region in order to compete in other regions. All the tournaments are created independently of each other so there will be bound to be some overlap.

The only thing they should prevent is the two premier events in the same weekend because then the player base is truly split up and the tournament suffers.

I think you've misunderstood my post. I'm okay with those situations either. What I said it's 2 ranking events in the same region and then 2 premier events same weekend.

In 2 weeks Europe has 2 ranking events the same weekend, so basically it's taking 1 ranking event from them.

And I know Ciber Olimpicos Central America it's at Costa Rica, but I'm sure that top 8 it's going to look somethig like First Attack. So since it's a wilcard that benefits the states, I think it shouldn't be same weekend as defend the north. Maybe I'm wrong and it ends up being a tournament filled with asians and europeans...

Tripon

I think you've misunderstood my post. I'm okay with those situations either. What I said it's 2 ranking events in the same region and then 2 premier events same weekend.

In 2 weeks Europe has 2 ranking events the same weekend, so basically it's taking 1 ranking event from them.

And I know Ciber Olimpicos Central America it's at Costa Rica, but I'm sure that top 8 it's going to look somethig like First Attack. So since it's a wilcard that benefits the states, I think it shouldn't be same weekend as defend the north. Maybe I'm wrong and it ends up being a tournament filled with asians and europeans...

Milan Games week is on the same weekend of the Costa Rica major and Defend the North in New York.

So Cal Regionals and the Brazilian CPT event are also on the same weekend. But that one is more forgivable because of the issues both events have faced.

Tripon

LOL at this Final Roundbats poster. Scott Popular knows his customer base.
https://twitter.com/FRBJAPAN/status/642239231138467841
COvc8ZZUcAAiGsm.jpg

crash-14

Milan Games week is on the same weekend of the Costa Rica major and Defend the North in New York.

So Cal Regionals and the Brazilian CPT event are also on the same weekend. But that one is more forgivable because of the issues both events have faced.

But MGW it's a premier event and the others are ranking. I'm good with that. I already said the Socal brazil issue. That's the one I'm not cool with.

You should have your feels checked. He brought EG more exposure this year than any other fighting game player on their roster (apart from Momochi, and even then it's arguable).

So? It was a 1 time deal. It's not like he's doing that constantly. It's not gonna live forever from that...

The common way for him to give exposure it's by placing well at big tournaments and reach capcom cup finals.

If he doesn't do that, at the end they will drop him. Unless he keeps doing CEO things that become viral.

By the way. The tournament hosted at france it's doing USFIV top 8. Problem X defeated Luffy right now.
http://www.hitbox.tv/vsftveu

Winners finals Problem X agains Gagapa.

You know when Floe was EG there were a bunch of "experts" who always tooted that despite Floe not even flying to tournaments, his sponsorship was justified with the boshy/guy streams. And then Floe was dropped and a bunch of "experts" kept saying he wasn't placing high enough in tournaments.

Kbrad's sponsorship continuing or not, who knows, really?

Tripon

You know when Floe was EG there were a bunch of "experts" who always tooted that despite Floe not even flying to tournaments, his sponsorship was justified with the boshy/guy streams. And then Floe was dropped and a bunch of "experts" kept saying he wasn't placing high enough in tournaments.

Again, he just signed a one year extension in June. More importantly, AJ Gray, EG team manager said the difference between Floe and KBrad is that KBrad still wants to compete and Floe said he didn't feel like competing at a high level anymore.

The two situations aren't comparable outside that EG dropped Floe and then signed KBrad shortly after.

CurlyW

Floe was ultimately dropped because he wasn't going to tournaments AND he wasn't streaming regularly anymore.

K-brad will stay on as long as he keeps going to tournaments and making appearances, whether in Top 8, on commentary, or on shows like Capcom Pro Talk and Excellent Adventures. Like Floe, he's an entertaining personality. Unlike Floe, he's actually putting himself out there to be seen.

You could tell floe didn't give a shit about tournaments or the sponsorship. It really feels like he is loaded with money and didn't need the sponsorship. I want to say him leaving was mutual.

AJ explained why floe left. It was nothing about not performing enough but not even trying. You could tell he never practiced the games, and was just there at tournaments because of his friends.

crash-14

Will se what happens in the future. But people seems to forget that SF it's going the e-sport route. If prizes get bigger, the results that EG (Not AJ) demand will be also bigger.

http://www.hitbox.tv/vsftveu

Gagapa defeats Luffy in losers finals. He'll have a roundback against Problem X for the title.

Top Bottom