• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

good news and bad news

Nelson
from the old show is back. Except he's not played by
Jason Marsden
, it's Hal Sparks now

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Who is that?

He was the super rich kid with glasses who competed with Viper for DJ. He even got Franki Valli to perform in a park for DJ, as they were cleaning the park up after it had been ruined.

I watched a lot of re-runs when I was bored and home alone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No offense to Fuller House, but I would think it's a lot easier to crank out 6.5 hours of a sitcom on a set with intentionally corny jokes than 8 hours of something like Stranger Things.

The first season was only 13 episodes anyway, which is unusually short for a multi cam sitcom. I don't think having more episodes in the same year is a bad thing at all.

I haven't seen this. Is S1 really as bad as everyone says it is if I'm expecting something that feels like the original series?

Before this was announced and older shows started getting revivals, I wanted a mini-series where Danny, Jesse and Joey were the stars and it centered on Danny finally getting back with his main girlfriend from the original series.

I know Danny, Jesse and Joey aren't main characters in this, but I like the idea of DJ, Steph and Kimmy being the three core characters

SilentRob

Very happy to see that 2/3 of the series seems to once again consist of weirdly elaborate dance numbers.

Man. This brought back memories. The first season was truly among the most wretched seasons of TV I have ever seen. I just kept shrinking further and further into my couch because the writing, acting and timing was so utterly horrendous and cringe-worthy.

I haven't seen this. Is S1 really as bad as everyone says it is if I'm expecting something that feels like the original series?

Basically: If you like this clip, you'll like the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jMfYt7eEdA Terrible Joke, Reference, Fourth Wall breaking eyeroll/smirk, rinse and repeat

Pluto

That looks like so much fun, I loved the first season, it was cheesy but also self aware.

The first episode is bad! Too many guest appearances at once and EVERYONE gets to say their catchphrase and not much else because there are like 20 characters fighting for screen time.
It gets much better when it focuses on D.J., Steph and Kimmy and they spread the guest appearances out a bit. It definitely feels like the old show and as I said above, it's very self aware. Everyone knows they're doing a cheesy early 90s sitcom in 2016 and that makes it actually funny.

Before this was announced and older shows started getting revivals, I wanted a mini-series where Danny, Jesse and Joey were the stars and it centered on Danny finally getting back with his main girlfriend from the original series.

I know Danny, Jesse and Joey aren't main characters in this, but I like the idea of DJ, Steph and Kimmy being the three core characters

My impression was that Season 1 was panned by critics but generally loved by regular viewers. I recommend watching the first 2 or 3 episodes and making your own decision. The first episode is not reflective of what the rest of the show is like, but you'll want to watch it anyway (at least skim through it) so episode 2 makes sense.

I personally loved season 1. Yes, it does get a bit cheesy sometimes. That just adds to the charm for me, though. There really are no other shows like it anymore.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
New trailer looks good. More of the same, but good. Nice touch with the New Radicals music.

Basically: If you like this clip, you'll like the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jMfYt7eEdA Terrible Joke, Reference, Fourth Wall breaking eyeroll/smirk, rinse and repeat

I actually thought that clip was fun. Feels just like a Kimmy, DJ and Steph scene from the old days but now they're grown up

The first episode is bad! Too many guest appearances at once and EVERYONE gets to say their catchphrase and not much else because there are like 20 characters fighting for screen time.
It gets much better when it focuses on D.J., Steph and Kimmy and they spread the guest appearances out a bit. It definitely feels like the old show and as I said above, it's very self aware. Everyone knows they're doing a cheesy early 90s sitcom in 2016 and that makes it actually funny.

I loved that Halloween teaser for season 2 focusing on Steph, DJ and Kimmy so more of them sounds pretty solid.

My impression was that Season 1 was panned by critics but generally loved by regular viewers. I recommend watching the first 2 or 3 episodes and making your own decision. The first episode is not reflective of what the rest of the show is like, but you'll want to watch it anyway (at least skim through it) so episode 2 makes sense.

I personally loved season 1. Yes, it does get a bit cheesy sometimes. That just adds to the charm for me, though. There really are no other shows like it anymore.
I don't mind if it's cheesy. I mean, what if it wasn't? Would it feel like Full House if it wasn't? I'll follow your advice and try the first few episodes

Pluto

According to the article he wants to use the house for filming but all they could do is some exterior shots and does it really make much of a difference if they use the actual house or the mock up of the front they have on the studio lot? I wonder if he plans to do more on location shooting in general for season 3.

Excited for season 2, just two more days and I'm having the week off so I can binge the entire season.

According to the article he wants to use the house for filming but all they could do is some exterior shots and does it really make much of a difference if they use the actual house or the mock up of the front they have on the studio lot? I wonder if he plans to do more on location shooting in general for season 3.

Excited for season 2, just two more days and I'm having the week off so I can binge the entire season.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a full scale mockup of the entire front of the house. The most they have is a porch; all views of the house beyond that in S1 is footage from the original show.

Pluto

I'm pretty sure they don't have a full scale mockup of the entire front of the house. The most they have is a porch; all views of the house beyond that in S1 is footage from the original show.
They actually build the entire front for seasons 1.

img_04736fsat.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

He wants to use it for filming other stuff, not the show. He plans on leasing it out to production companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom