• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fumito Ueda Interview "'I can't face playing my own game'"

NateDog

He's so humble. Kind of crazy that he can make such thought provoking games without even realizing it to an extent.

Interesting views. Ueda seems so invested its palpable. It brings a human element that is missed in a lot of game development teams. We are all our own worst critics so I definitely understand where he's coming from.
I agree with both of these.

I find it hard to gauge exactly what he plans with a game, he's an enigma of sorts but I also admire how at times he seems to be inbetween ideas and the execution of those ideas at times yet he manages to balance them so well.

I think it's common that the more you examine and pick apart a game the less fun it becomes. Then add on top of that the game being your creation I can understand to a large degree.

I am quite the opposite the more I understand a game and analyze it the more fun it becomes. Picking apart the mechanics oftens make the minor differences more apparent. Was going through Destiny tonight and realizing how close Bungie is to fully procedural gameplay. The expanding number of enemy types along with an increasingly strong algorithimic approach to difficulty and enemy placement. All they really need is a way of generating terrian. That said Ueda's games are kind of the anti-thesis of the procedural generation of games. Its their placement and pacing that makes them unique which is what might make the last gaudian new is the way Trico might disrupt the environment and send the experience in a twirl. Still wondering what the a.i. System is and how Trico learns.

Can't freaking wait for this game. And to all the people still commenting on technical performance just remember how Shadow of The Colossus ran on PS2. Didn't stop it from being one of the best games of all time.

You know if SotC game out today, Digital Foundry would trash it for the framerate

oni-link

I am quite the opposite the more I understand a game and analyze it the more fun it becomes. Picking apart the mechanics oftens make the minor differences more apparent.

Me too, I can't get enough of that stuff

It's why interviews with developers are so interesting

Top Bottom