• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funny Usernames You've Seen In Online Games

Silvawuff

I've seen a lot of crazy, clever, or funny usernames in different online games I've played.

I once came across a Tarutaru (think like a cutesy dwarf race) in Final Fantasy XI named Chickenflavor. In Final Fantasy XIV I've seen a "Viewing Cutscene," which is hilarious because the game will tell other players if you are viewing a cutscene.

In WoW my favorite Tauren name was "Sugarudders."

Any names stand out to you, GAF, or are you the owner of such a clever or funny moniker yourself?

One of the first times online ever was on PS3, playing Warhawk, came across a guy called "xboxforsale"

I still laugh sometimes about that. I think that account is gone.

A friend and I once encountered someone name "Wrestle Me" on XBL. The simplicity and absurdity of the name still makes me laugh.

robertoci

I always get a chuckle when playing Ultimate Team on Fifa 17 and someone has a punny name like Not A Kalou and Inter Ya Nan

mikeGFG

Banned
"Thilly Gooth"

Some of the dudes in my Ghost Recon clan straight up refused to say his name out loud, it was hilarious.

BiggNife

One time I was playing Overwatch with friends and one of the guys on the other team was named U2Official

I asked if it was Bono or Edge playing and the response in chat was "It's the band's account but this is Bono - Bono"

I don't know why but I thought that was the funniest thing

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Funny that this thread was made, because two weeks ago I came across the funniest Gamertag I had seen in ages.

It was in Overwatch and was a Widowmaker named ProtectMeConeoo (Protect Me, Damnit) - had me laughing the whole match because I could picture the person screaming this everytime they were attacked and had to run.

Moobabe

Maybe not THAT funny, but one that always stuck with me as one from Final Fantasy XIV...

Matthew Highdamage

No much intrigue, so little context. Is Matthew his first name? If so, then it's adorable, if not then... well, it's incredible.

PMS341

I feel like I always see funny tags, but I always forget them later on.

Except for DragonPepsi. I'll never forget them.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Dungeon Fighter Online:

Big Puzzy
TheseDblDs

Final Fantasy XIV:

Sloppy Wet

Not from online gaming, but from the days of AOL:

At12wefuccin

TraBuch

Banned
It's a pretty corny name, but I found it hilarious when I was 12 and really into the GOAT multiplayer FPS, the first Unreal Tournament. "The Notorious G.I.B."

"Yourself" is still a classic for me. especially for games like Halo, where you get the ticker saying things like "You were killed by yourself" or "You got fragged by yourself"

I ran into a group in TERA that all had Wu Tang Clan song names.

Tri.umph
Gravel.pit
Cream.dolladolla
Protectya.neck
Bringda.ruckus

"CrapAzzFagit666"

I'm not making this up. I was invaded and subsequently murdered by someone named THAT in Dark Souls years ago. Naturally the "what is it" gesture was used...never been angrier at losing.

Top Bottom