• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fury vs Wilder 3 Date Set

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Deontay Wilder has exercised his right to a rematch with Tyson Fury and a third fight between the two heavyweights is tentatively slated to take place July 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Top Rank founder and Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum, Fury’s co-promoter told BoxingScene.com on Sunday.

The mega-fight will be a 60 to 40 percent purse split in favor of the recently crowned WBC and lineal champion Fury.

Not sure how I feel about Wilder having a fight so soon, doubt he will change up his gameplan, Fury went in with a hell of a game plan and if it holds the same I expect the same result.
Lockmeinaheavysuitandblameitonmyperformanceifold.

DonJorginho

Banned
We all know what the result will be.
86682ce6-c690-495b-b09e-d93f49da9a5f-USATSI_14084559.jpg

Sleepydays

Banned
Eh, the last one was so conclusive that there's not really the same draw.

Unless, of course, you accept the 40lb entrance costume explanation...in which case there's everything to play for.

Smart move by Wilder, business wise. Had he not exercised his rematch clause they would have moved on to Joshua and Wilder would have been out a payday. Probably never would have seen in the ring Fury again

I expect the third fight to look more like the second than the first. I think Wilder will look better but still get overwhelmed by Fury’s technical mastery

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Meh
Give us Joshua vs Fury already

Joshua is like a slower, weaker, unpolished version of Fury. That will just be a fairly standard boxing match where Fury outboxes him to likely a decision ending.

Fury VS Wilder is a fight where the match will be stopped before we ever get a decision. Either way Fury wins

He had to activate the clause if he wants to get some sweet step aside money, so we can finally see a unification.

If he actually goes ahead with the fight, he'll get beaten up again and then I've no idea where he goes. Retirement, probably. He's already pushing 35 and he isn't changing his style or picking up new techniques at this stage of his career. What you see is what you get.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Big money on wilder this time.

He si gonna be the underdog and he still has a chance of finishing a fight with one punch, fury still has to be absolutely perfect for 12 round, this fact doesn't change.

Tygeezy

Big money on wilder this time.

He si gonna be the underdog and he still has a chance of finishing a fight with one punch, fury still has to be absolutely perfect for 12 round, this fact doesn't change.
I don't know man.... Fury figured out he can be aggressive and just overwhelmed him with his combination of size and speed. Fury has amazing speed for a 6'9" 275 lb man. Fury I think has too much size on him and is a much more skilled boxer.

Mista

Banned
Not in your favour Wilder. I don't care how hard you hit but thats about it honestly

Fury figured it out and just bodied him. I never thought that anyone would ever do that to Wilder

You don't have another playstyle so you'll get bodied again. Fighting too soon isn't in your favour too

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't know man.... Fury figured out he can be aggressive and just overwhelmed him with his combination of size and speed. Fury has amazing speed for a 6'9" 275 lb man. Fury I think has too much size on him and is a much more skilled boxer.

i mean, i know fury is the favourite by far, but if you want make money this is one of the matches where the underdog still has a serious chance to win with just one fucking lucky punch.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

i mean, i know fury is the favourite by far, but if you want make money this is one of the matches where the underdog still has a serious chance to win with just one fucking lucky punch.
I get what you mean for laying down a bet, but Fury took his best punches in the first fight and still got up.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I get what you mean for laying down a bet, but Fury took his best punches in the first fight and still got up.
it doesn't mean that is not gonna sleep for good next time :goog_grinning_squinting:
i don't know if i'm gonna bet, but there is a chance, i have to see how much money i can get from betting on wilder.

Romulus

I do love the idea of fury coming out with a suit that has "40lbs" written all over it. Then weigh the suit on a scale in front of the world before beating Wilder's ass.

I watched the second match highlights today and Wilder got schooled. He looked like a Sunday Bum in that boxing ring. The match was over in Round 3 when Fury rocked him, from there, Wilder was just a lost boy getting pounded on by a big gypo bloke.

The only thing you can give Wilder is that he took the beating like a champ.

If you watched some of the pre-fight stuff, you can see Wilder was shaking. He was spooked before they even started. The whole calm demeanor until the opening bell was to keep his nerves at bay. He knew he was in trouble. When your ego is on the line, life is scary.

When you watch this from a closer angle, his hand was shaking right before Fury says it.

I watched the second match highlights today and Wilder got schooled. He looked like a Sunday Bum in that boxing ring. The match was over in Round 3 when Fury rocked him, from there, Wilder was just a lost boy getting pounded on by a big gypo bloke.

The only thing you can give Wilder is that he took the beating like a champ.
He ruined that by making 29 excuses afterwards.

Wilder made his living on that right hand. But the truth is he’s an absolutely horrible boxer. He looks like he was never taught how to duck or slip a punch in his life. Fury is a fat jiggly fuck, but his technical skill is so sound. Great head movement and fakes. Impeccable timing. I would love to see him fight Andy Ruiz instead, but maybe we’ll get that further down the pipeline.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Better learn to have plans if his only playstyle isn’t working
Not with those coaches. I really hate to say it cause I think Freddie is a joke, but maybe he should go to Wildcard gym. Pacquiao was a one handed fighter too before he teamed up with Roach.

I hope both the champs win so we can get the mega fight at Wembley*

*Probably not Wembley as the Saudi’s will pay big money for it

South

Banned
I cant wait for this... I have a feeling AJ gonna be knocked out and all the Brits going to be sad the next wont be AJ vs Fury!
After AJ though Fury is in the same problem as Vlad.K. there are no big names and he will struggle to sell in America PPV.

Yoboman

Presentation of boxing is really embarrassing compared to UFC these days

Basically half an hour between fights

Yoboman

Fury looks like the big brute guy the always roll-out in medieval movies for the main character to beat up

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a boxing follower or anything. But I love how Fury isnt even a ripped guy. He just looks like a big tall gangly guy compared to ripped heavyweights, but he seems to kick the shit out of guys.

Look at the jiggly fat around Fury's gut.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Wilder is gone here

He was buggered after one and already hit the mat

Fury is made of something different

Top Bottom