• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FuRyu announces The Alliance Alive (JRPG) for 3DS, out Spring 2017 in Japan

Due to scans I'm uncertain of posting links. Looks like a potential spiritual successor to Legend of Legacy with VERY similar character designs (the chibi ones I mean) and art-style.

- group performance RPG
- due out in Japan this Spring for 6,280 yen
- story follows nine protagonists and progresses in a way that players switch between characters
- story will develop from the perspectives of these characters, who each have different standpoints and environments
- game is set in a continent ruled by magic beings and divided by the effects of a “distortion”
- rain worlds and fire worlds are just a couple of the hostile worlds that players will visit

Seven characters:

Tigi – Prodigy Professor
Vivian – Daughter of a Noble Magic Being
Ignace – Vivian’s Butler
Galil – Boy of the Resistance
Ursula – Galil’s Childhood Friend
Rachel – Guild Mercenary
Barbarosa – Ghost Soldier
Jean – Knowledgable Mage
Renzo – Well-Informed Young Man

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/furyu-announces-alliance-alive-3ds

Grezzo and Cattle Call did Legend of Legacy, wonder if they're back on board with the ex-SaGa folks as well?

I bought Legend of Legacy when they ran it on sale for 20 bucks. Not a bad little game at all. Really enjoyed the gameplay loop of filling out the maps and selling them back in town. It was nice to have a story-light RPG.

Hopefully this one is a bit more substantive.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ignace - Butler

DqcIkZ4.png

MLH

I'm probably in a minority here but I loved Legend of Legacy. The way skills unlocked was flawed but the minimalist story and dialogue made for a refreshing RPG experience. Soundtrack was also really unique. If they could just give players more control over character development it would have been perfect.
I'll be sure to keep a close eye on this.

Oregano

I've only played like two hours of Legend of Legacy but it wasn't because I wasn't enjoying it, I just got sidetracked.

I haven't even opened Stella Glow!

PaulBizkit

I'm probably in a minority here but I loved Legend of Legacy. The way skills unlocked was flawed but the minimalist story and dialogue made for a refreshing RPG experience. Soundtrack was also really unique. If they could just give players more control over character development it would have been perfect.

I agree on this. I always play RPGs for the story, but Legend Of Legacy was all about exploring and fighting, which (aside from learning skills and levelling based on pure luck) was very well done.

The character design was good too.

Thoraxes

Ah good, another Masashi Hamauzu OST for me to buy judging by the track on the site (definitely sounds like it could be him at any rate).

Xelinis

Cautiously optimistic!

Legend of Legacy had a lot problems, but at the very least, it was a really interesting proof of concept for a modern SaGa game. Hopefully, now that they have the core tech down, they can put more focus on real content.

staen

I count nine characters, not seven.

Pretty psyched for this! I loved the Legend of Legacy. Hope it gets localized.

Definitely an spiritual sequel, if Furyu paid attention to how people received Legend of Legacy, this new game could turn out great.

Also, they already have the engine up and running, they can improve it and focus more on gameplay this time.

I'm excited!

ohlawd

I've only played like two hours of Legend of Legacy but it wasn't because I wasn't enjoying it, I just got sidetracked.

I haven't even opened Stella Glow!

man, better get on that. Stella Glow's one of the best games to come out last year.

I'm hyped for this!

The timing of this announcement is interesting, because I finally resumed playing Legend of Legacy after stopping at the second to last dungeon. Now, I finished the last dungeon, but I'm still not strong enough to beat the final boss. I know that I'm finishing it, though.

I'm probably in a minority here but I loved Legend of Legacy.

Yeah, I'm definitely in the love-it camp.

Eolz

Seems like Legend of Legacy again yeah, especially after seeing the scan.
I don't mind it, the game was really nice with a superb soundtrack and really nice artstyle. Hope they fix some of the gameplay's flaws, but sounds good!

Ah good, another Masashi Hamauzu OST for me to buy judging by the track on the site (definitely sounds like it could be him at any rate).

Yup.

Say what you will about the wierdness of the rest of the game but Hamauzu gettin' his Steven Wilson on was undeniably excellent and more is better.

casiopao

Yuhuuu. After all my luv for Legend of Legacy, u can beat i am redy for this game day one...... Who can say no to Ghost Soldier lol.

Just realized this may be out on time for the NX's launch (provided Spring = March at the earliest). I wonder if FuRyu will try out an NX port at launch. Same goes for really any 3DS game out around Spring next year in Japan.

duckroll

"Group Performance RPG" is such an awkward translation... lol.

The Japanese term simply refers to an ensemble cast, so "Ensemble RPG" sounds so much better...

>_<

We'll see how Caligula pans out before getting too hopeful for this. I liked a lot of what Legend of Legacy had under it's hood even if it was half-baked but I hear better things about Caligula and if their trajectory is them doing better with each game then this'll be something to watch.

Emu-Fred

Banned
This sounds like Legends of Legacy.

Not too fond of Legend of Legacy. Did not enjoy the way they handle the gameplay. I hope they improve it.

Mista Koo

"Group Performance RPG" is such an awkward translation... lol.

The Japanese term simply refers to an ensemble cast, so "Ensemble RPG" sounds so much better...

>_<
I thought it would be an RPG about a troupe of entertainers. Got excited for a moment.

casiopao

It's just some world map looking scenes with a white vignette ruining things.

pKb0wX3.png
Q8YUBlL.png

QeKpLub.png
CniMlr4.png

MdkXuJG.png
tg9RzqS.png

Wow. World Map.^_^ Man, it had been quite some time since i played a Jrpg with proper world map lol.

I am moar hype for this now.^_^

Any info on the battle system?O_O

Same. Legend of Legacy pretty much killed story in favour of the grind, which is why I play JRPGs for the most part.

I really liked with all its flaw. As long as this one, upgraded more on those aspect, i will be even more down on this one.^_^

Labadal

I didn't see this until now. I dropped Legend of Legacy not far from the final boss. I did enjoy what I played but felt that I was happy with what I had played and sold it. LoL needed some adjustments for me to consider it great. Hopefully, they iron out some of the flaws and have an actual budget.

Top Bottom