• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FuRyu announces The Alliance Alive (JRPG) for 3DS, out Spring 2017 in Japan

qAZ4BIq.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/18118416.html

It's in this week's Famitsu, you can see a tiny battle screen on the left page.

hongcha

Legend of Legacy was horrible and this looks like more of the same. I have no faith in Furyu, their quality control is extremely poor.

staen

Tiggy's profile says she rides a power suit of some sort into combat. Not sure if this is the power suit, but I'm wondering if she'll actually ride this into battle:

character-main.png

There's also suppose to be vehicles in the game and I feel this will more likely be one of the vehicles you ride around in the field/world map and not combat related, but it'd be kind of neat if she rode it into combat.

CamHostage

Maybe I haven't played a ton of 3DS RPGs, but I'm particularly liking how zoomed-out the camera is.

RPG cams seem to be getting closer and closer to the character in order to show off all the buckles and waifu design touches, but this camera seems intent on giving a fairly big world view at a time (not always as huge as the few overworld screens show, that'd be crazy, but watch the trailer and see that it feels like several rooms at a time are shown when something like Tales of the Abyss would be on a much tighter lens; Bravely Default has a mix of views, but it tends to be zoomed in a good deal when it comes to corridors and interiors.) It's a little nothing, but the camera viewpoints shown in the trailer make me hope it's good as I feel it looks comfortable to play.

soultron

Banned
Allow me to be the 36526nd person ITT to say it's Legend of Legacy 2, basically. Everything looks the same. 4 people in a battle could be interesting. An actual overworld is neat but I hope this doesn't mean random battles.

I also hope the systems will be a bit more clear, this time around. Legend of Legacy was a bit opaque in its mechanics. I still felt like I didn't understand certain things, even having played something like 20 hours of it.

staen

So did anyone here watch the famitsu live stream on December 8th? I don't really know Japanese so there's probably a ton of info I didn't get, but from gameplay footage, the game seems quite different from The Legend of Legacy outside of battles. There was a lot more dialogue and interactions between characters and the dungeons themselves are nothing like the map exploration in LoL. In the one dungeon they showed off, most of the rooms were filled with puzzles and objects you can interact with to trigger events. There were no enemies in these rooms. Enemies usually roamed around in between the puzzle rooms in smaller hall ways. The battles that were shown off were very brief and the only major thing I noticed was that Ursula was able to use a healing spell via weapon channeling without any kind of elemental contract. .

Changes from equipping weapons/armor are now actually visible prior to equip/purchasing and there are help menus that explain a lot of stuff in the game. There's a lot more info on equip, formation, etc. screens as well.

There's something called talent points which can be invested into what I'm assuming are passive abilities. There were 13 different areas to invest in (fist, s. short, l. sword, axe, spear, staff, bow, shields,light? magic and 4 others I can't tell) and most had about 8 different talents. Stat ups/skill awakenings are still in, so talents are a new addition on top of that.

They haven't shown off formation creation so I'm wondering if that's no longer an option and you just earn formations as you progress throughout the game? They only used two characters during the stream(Ursula and Galil) so no five character battles were shown off. The formations remind me a lot more of Romancing SaGa 3's but it does seem you can change the formations in combat like LoL.

It's already been shown off in screenshots so this isn't new, but there are no random battles. Enemies are visible on the world map and chase you when aggro'd like in LoL.

bomblord1

Banned
Not a lot to go on here but a JRPG where you play as multiple completely separate characters at least sounds unique and worth watching.

I enjoyed every minute of Legend of Legacy, which was just a poor man's version of a Saga game. If there's even a modicum of improvement over what they attempted with their previous outing, I'm all over this in a heartbeat.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Here's that stream footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQHOph0pzg

Maybe I haven't played a ton of 3DS RPGs, but I'm particularly liking how zoomed-out the camera is.

RPG cams seem to be getting closer and closer to the character in order to show off all the buckles and waifu design touches, but this camera seems intent on giving a fairly big world view at a time (not always as huge as the few overworld screens show, that'd be crazy, but watch the trailer and see that it feels like several rooms at a time are shown when something like Tales of the Abyss would be on a much tighter lens; Bravely Default has a mix of views, but it tends to be zoomed in a good deal when it comes to corridors and interiors.) It's a little nothing, but the camera viewpoints shown in the trailer make me hope it's good as I feel it looks comfortable to play.

No, the pulled-in camera is a common trait of 3DS JRPGs, as are chibi character models. It's a resolution thing--if the camera's not close and/or the models don't have exaggerated SD proportions then it can be difficult to make out character details.

Man, this looks awesome! I had totally missed the announcement, trailer etc, everything about this so far. Saw someone mention it in the 3ds & Switch software thread earlier though and damn. Really hope this comes here. Have to admit, I was one of the folks who skipped Legend Of Legacy so I guess I haven't helped matters, but this looks much more up my alley. Fingers crossed. The town especially looks brilliant, and you can actually enter the buildings! You don't get that much these days hah.

Pikma

Banned
Legend of Legacy was so bad I can't even pretend to be excited about this one, and I really wanted to get excited :(

Wagram

I liked Legend of Legacy. Solid 7, but the next game needs to have a story of some consequence. I have no idea what the fuck happened in that game.

ss-hikaru

Oh....for some reason I thought a localisation had already been announced :( My lil bro loved Legend of Legacy and is super hyped for this one. I loved the demo for Legend of Legacy and it's the next game I plan to play. How badly did LoL do?!!?

Really hope this gets localized. It looks like it solves all the problems I had with Legend of Legacy from the demo and what I heard from others: boring areas, no story, super obtuse systems and stats.

duckroll

Too bad this is on the 3DS. I just don't see myself bothering with a 3DS game by June or later. I have DQVIIr and SMT4A and I can't even be motivated to play them anymore. My 3DS is old and busted, the analog nub is damaged, and the entire body feels a bit warped. The battery is dead-ish too. Meanwhile my Switch is nice and new. Even my Vita feels awesome compared to the dying 3DS. Too bad. :(

hongcha

New promo video makes the game look very interesting. However, Furyu has tricked me many times, so I remain skeptical, and I'll wait for some reviews before buying.

duckroll

Is playing on an emulator not an option for you?

Citra can run Ocarina of Time perfectly now i hear.

Playing a game designed for a small low-res portable device on my HD monitor via my non-portable desktop sure sounds like it would be a ton of fun!

casiopao

Too bad this is on the 3DS. I just don't see myself bothering with a 3DS game by June or later. I have DQVIIr and SMT4A and I can't even be motivated to play them anymore. My 3DS is old and busted, the analog nub is damaged, and the entire body feels a bit warped. The battery is dead-ish too. Meanwhile my Switch is nice and new. Even my Vita feels awesome compared to the dying 3DS. Too bad. :(

Since when did you become Graphic Whore Ducky.^^ The Games.^^ Give Furyu another chance there.^^

Tamanator

I liked Legend of Legacy. Solid 7, but the next game needs to have a story of some consequence. I have no idea what the fuck happened in that game.

I agree, I enjoyed Legend of Legacy for what it was. I was frustrated by the fact that I fully believed it could have been one of the best RPGs on the system if the overall narrative and characters were much improved. Loved the combat and the overall feel of the world.

Top Bottom