• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futurama Returning on Hulu

JayK47

Well, let's see how it goes. I'd watch more Futurama. But the last few seasons just were not as good as earlier seasons and the constant cancellations and returns also hurt.

LRKD

With the writers strike it might already be canceled again :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_loudly_crying:

I hope it's good! Curious about which writers returned and to see how their episodes are! Also curious if episode 20 is already another series finale just incase. Even if it's bad, I'm really excited about it just as a fan, to see more discussion and theory's and what not, can't wait!

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Cautiously optimistic... even if the last revival's seasons were very uneven, they had at least one or two each season that could stand alongside the classics. Worth it, even if I have to roll my eyes at the bad weeks.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Cautiously optimistic... even if the last revival's seasons were very uneven, they had at least one or two each season that could stand alongside the classics. Worth it, even if I have to roll my eyes at the bad weeks.
Yeah, and compared to The Simpsons or Family Guy, it didn't really fall off hard, even if, as you said, some episodes were below the curve.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Still a shite idea.

Currently re-watching this, it’s a timeless classic. Heartfelt and genuinely funny.

badblue

scared-futurama.gif

JayK47

I wonder how long this will last? This show has to have the record for most cancellations and restarts.

mopspear

I have very low expectations of anything made anymore but after watching the trailer it looks good enough so far. Animation and voices are fine. It's weird how John DiMaggio's voice in real life sounds so rough now but Bender sounds exactly the same while Fry and Leela sound much rougher. It might end up being a bit too specifically topical but I can't remember if the original seasons were like that or not. The second group of episodes definitely was and it was annoying.

mcjmetroid

maybe it's just me, but the animation quality looks kina worse than the last season
No 100% the animation looks a little rough to me as well. It looks a lot cheaper. Futurama used to be the best looking animated show ever, now it looks like lower-end tier and it's not because things have evolved much since then.

I'm better on this not being very good. We'll see though. I hope I'm wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
maybe it's just me, but the animation quality looks kina worse than the last season
There are a lot of re-used animations here, some even from the earliest seasons of the show nearly 25 years ago. Corners have definitely been cut.

Gametrek

Banned
Well No Moral Orel, No Megas XLR, No real reason to look at South Park anymore or the Simpsons. No more Hank Hill ( or Black Hank ) along with Boondocks.

As long as we get more funny. Like teen Lela, more Wong Jokes, naked future people, Robosexuals and bi-curious meat-bag relationships. Along with young Mum using her sons as a shield.

Too bad for "Disenchanted" Just an Elf massaging the back of a terrible MILF witch moaning and saying thank you. That is all that it is along with Father and Bear.

Top Bottom