• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future of Final Fantasy XI press conference ended [OP updated with details]

Aren't you overreacting? They're just making an extra game set in the same world.

They're killing the console versions which is what I had the greatest fondness for. They'll keep the PC version live "for the time being" but that sure doesn't sound like it'll be around much longer either. It's the beginning of the end.

Boss Mog

I said this was gonna be bad news.

I guess there's a small chance that they announce a true sequel at the end or something...
lol no chance

Here's an idea SE, do an expansion about time travel where we're placed in the battle from the OPENING OF THE WHOLE GAME.

How did they do a time travel based expansion and not do that. :(

I don't want to go more eastern east and all that shit, I love stuff to do with the OG land/story line.

Or at least go to the fabled Orc Empire. :p

Khrno

They're killing the console versions which is what I had the greatest fondness for. They'll keep the PC version live "for the time being" but that sure doesn't sound like it'll be around much longer either. It's the beginning of the end.
The only good thing about the PS2 version was that it was great for outclaiming bots.

Considering the console's end date is still pretty far away, I'd say FFXI still has a few years on PC.

Unless the Smartphone takes away all the players from XI =P

Macrotus

Yeah, especially because they said its the last expansion.
Maybe they want to PC MMO players to switch to FF14,
but also didn't want to just throw away the community thus made a smartphone game based on FF11 to distinguish, rather than keeping two FF MMOs on PC.

Everyone is getting 120% more exp on Wild Rabbits outside Sandy!!!111 0rz.

latest

Macrotus

Sounds like they also releasing an app to play FF11 on smartphones??
They should have also released it on Vita at least, if they're gonna do this, which has actually controllers on it...

it sounds like they're making a live companion app for phones that will let you control/do menu commands for your charcter on your phone?

Khrno

Scythes will do 120% more dmg, DRKs will rule Vana'diel like those 6 weeks when the 2-handed weapons got buffed up on 2008 or so.

Aeana

It sounds like they don't even know how this will work yet. They're just throwing out a bunch of ideas about how it could work...

duckroll

They basically said they are working on ideas on how to adapt FFXI into a native smartphone game, and what changes would be required to make it more playable on such devices. It doesn't sound like something they've actually made much progress on.

Top Bottom