• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, are you playing horror games this october?

DryvBy

Yes but I play until Fall ends. Same with horror movies. I don't even celebrate Halloween, it's just one of my favorite genres and fall feels great thanks to the earlier nights.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Horror games gave me a bad dream Im going to play harpy games this year I am the spirit of gaming

Try this:

B5BB61BC79813F519DDB39B1EFD2B9B39781C235

Not an easy game tho, especially the old lady chapter. The rest of the chapters are easy.
I played it when it when it was on gamepass, similar theme I guess, it just never really grabbed me the same way.

Strong choices. Could you tell us if Martha is Dead is worth it ? I was always intrigued by this one.

I also recommend Amnesia : the Bunker, pretty good game
Thanks, I've been meaning to play Martha is Dead since Nov-Dec of last year, but for some reason or another I always focused on other games. Hopefully this month I'll manage to play it. Will post in this thread my impressions if/when I beat it. Oh and thanks for the recommendation, already have it on my wishlist. :D

xrnzaaas

I'm currently replaying FEAR 2 and the game definitely isn't subtle about trying to scare you. I had better memories of it tbh... or maybe that was the first game?

Visage is very good, BUT you can get stuck easily. It doesn't help you're not given any objectives or even a journal with some vague hints. Also, some things don't happen unless you're playing a specific chapter.

Last edited:

Wingnut

I just started a quest in phantom Liberty. That’s enough horror for me for this October and the following years

peronmls

I started about a week early. Currently playing through Gregory Horror Show. I have finished these so far:
RE4re
Clock Tower 3
Forbidden Siren 2

I am hoping to beat Echo Night Beyond, Kuon, and Parasite Eve 2.

Buggy Loop

I've got a few of them in my library i haven't started or finished

RE2 remake, RE Village, Soma, Evil within 2

Gonna be difficult to choose

Humble bundle has a great selection of Until Dawn type of horror games. House of Ash ( the best of the Dark Pictures games) and The Quarry. Also included Metal Hellsinger for melodic horror.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
if it reviews well then I’ll do Alan wake 2. If not then maybe sneak in some re4 Ada dlc.

_Ex_

Looking for more suggestions and opinions!

I've played a shit load of horror games, and this is the best one I've played (and finished):

72308_front.jpg

Be wary of spoilers, the less you know about it the better. Outstanding adventure/horror game.

Top Bottom