• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF: #BanderasPS4 Sony Please Hire Antonio Banderas for a PS4 Commercial

thuway

#BanderasPS4

@yosp Please contact Antonio Banderas for a PS4 commercial. #BanderasPS4
https://twitter.com/thuway/status/398561252651196416

The next generation will be soon among us. We are mere weeks away from the inception of what will define the next decade of gaming.

Leading up to these machines has been a roller coaster ride of spec wars, DRM Drama, and Titan/Shadow Falls. However, the one thing I will remember most- are the GIFs.

One unsung hero found himself catapulted into internet stardom. A man with great charisma, a man with few words, and a man with an unforgettable face. That man, is Antonio Banderas.

Antonio Banderas has defined PlayStation 4, 720p gaming, and hardware in all shapes and forms. Antonio Banderas did more than just make a B rated film in 1996 with Sylvester Stallone, he defined a generation.

With this I ask you GAF, let your voices be heard. Retweet the OP! Bring Antonio Banderas and PS4 together. This is destiny.

#BanderasPS4

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Don't!

i3HD8gziQbb7o.gif

Nyoro SF

Uh... isn't it good enough to just keep it as GAF's joke then try to do some cringeworthy public campaign no one will really understand besides us?

Tratorn

Pretty lame thread.
If we have to beg them for this it won't be really funny.

But would have been kind of cool if they had produced one without something like this.

Just hire some dude that kind of looks like Banderas, make him do the motion, then do whatever else you want for the rest of the commercial.

Don't over do it in real life, keep it on GAF.

If I remember right, that gif from Assassins isn't even used in a proper context. Sort of like the clapping Citizen Kane gif.

Replicant

Don't do this please. It's kind of embarrassing. I enjoy the comedic GIFs but some internet meme should not be unleashed on RL people.

Freeman

Banned
No need to make a campaign on twitter for this, it would so much cooler if Sony somehow do a Bandeiras add at some point by themselves.

It would probably be a massively successful campaign, and it's literally being handed to Sony on a platter by the hardcore crowd. Unless they want to overpay some marketing/advertising firm for middling results, they should take a serious look at this.

I love it as an in-joke for the hardcore crowd on Gaf, but I just get the feeling this could actually generate buzz in the real world if executed properly.

Top Bottom