• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF FOTY 2015-Fail Of The Year-Results- Winner of the 2015 shit sandwich goes to...

Fat4all

Banned
They still payed to get MGSV made and could have very easily cancelled the game.

There's no way that could of possibly happened and you know that.

They were eager to make some money off this game no mater what, even if it meant adding shitty DLC and microtransaction bull.

You know, I picked up The Order for 10 bucks on sale a few weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot. I wouldn't and couldn't suggest anyone pick up that game for 60 bucks, but for what I spent and the amount of fun I had with it, I'd say it was one of my pleasant surprises of 2015.

You know, I picked up The Order for 10 bucks on sale a few weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot. I wouldn't and couldn't suggest anyone pick up that game for 60 bucks, but for what I spent and the amount of fun I had with it, I'd say it was one of my pleasant surprises of 2015.
I'm in the same boat. Enjoyed it well enough for a mere $10. If I had bought it for the full $60 when it came out though, I would have been tempted to vote for it.

There's no way that could of possibly happened and you know that.

They were eager to make some money off this game no mater what, even if it meant adding shitty DLC and microtransaction bull.

Or even if it meant flinging it out the door 6 months before it's ready and we get a game with no ending.

fernoca

Huh, how is Halo MC Collection not on the list?
Was released in 2014 and was #3 in the "fails of the year" last year. :p

Granted, some stuff was still fixed this year. But seems not many consider it as big of an issue this year, at least not enough to vote for it.

Choomp

Banned
Sony - 1
Undertale - 1

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

Fhtagn

Great stuff. So it's like the tumblrinaction stuff you see on the reddit frontpage from time to time but the opposite of that?

I must've missed that it was a serious thing and not just assholes being dumb being assholes being dumb assholes.

Yeah, it's like that but it it also involved stalking and organized harrassment campaigns and a lot of real world egregious shit. It was exhausting to even observe it in motion let alone if one was a direct target.

nib95

Banned
The final results always seem completely incorrect in terms of totals.

Here's votes for it from just the first few pages.

If Gamegate can be nominated for a second year, it's got mine.

If not, it goes to Konami.

Dishonorable Mentions:

-Atari's TxK debacle
-Batman: Arkham Knight PC port
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
-The Game Awards
-Fire Emblem Fates' Soleil
-Nintendo Creators Program

Konami
ROTR Xbox Exclusivity
Batman AK PC
Nintendo E3
PSX Keynote Finale
Tony Hawk 5
Silent Hills

1. Konami/Kojima being fired/Silent Hills canceled
2. Arkham Knight PC
3. Battlefront season pass
4. Tony Hawk 5

Konami

Runner up: Tony Hawk 5

1. Konami
2. Tony Hawks 5
3. Arkham Knight PC

Konami
Batman PC port
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

In that order.

Konami

They're the travesty of the industry at the moment.... and it's going to take a lot to redeem the company... a clear brand killing moment at the VGA's.

Runner Up: THPS5

Definitely Konami. Tony Hawk 5 is close. I haven't played the game with the latest patch though (haha).

mr stroke

I and several other people voted it. Not sure why it's not there...

whops sorry guys fixed it, saw 2 votes :)

The final results always seem completely incorrect in terms of totals.

Will probably change the formatting next year, hard to count votes since its not on any list format, and some people jam votes into piles of text that make it hard to decipher who they voted for.

nib95

Banned
whops sorry guys fixed it, saw 2 votes :)

Will probably change the formatting next year, hard to count votes since its not on any list format, and some people jam votes into piles of text that make it hard to decipher who they voted for.

Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity is also missing.

RK128

All those votes for Konami XD!

They desire that special stinky reward, so they should hang their trophy proud :').

The inscription on the trophy reads:
"#FuckKonami for ruining games, developers lives and making consistent news stories throughout 2015"

Linkyn

Full Results-

Konami-454
Batman PC-20

GamerGate-11
The Order 1886-4
Silent Hills-3
Call of Duty Black Ops 3-2
SW Battlefront-2
PS2 games backward comp PS4-2
Tony Hawk-2
UbiSoft-1
Pachinko-1
Sega Lay offs-1
Atari TxK-1
Fatal Frame 5-1
Joystiq.com-1
Sale codename STEAM-1
PSX Keynote-1
Nintendo E3-1
Batmobile-1
Payday 2 DLC-1
Polyphony Digital-1
EVOLVE-1
Undertale-1
R8 Rev-1
Nintendo-1
Steam Cache-1
Metroid Fans-1
Sony-1

Now that's what you call winning by a landslide.

mr stroke

Here's votes for it from just the first few pages.

the votes are not weighted in any way

Rules

Since many people only play quality titles your vote can be any one game or anything related to the
gaming industry-(Halo MCC, GamerGate, Assassins Creed Unity, Flappy Bird, Steam Machines, Facebook buying Oculus, Wii U/Vita sales, etc....)

Only one top vote counts(since the list encompasses everything), everything else will be an honorable mention.

Top Bottom