• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF halo2 clan preperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up for being competitive. I'll use the friends list for fun games.

Edit: I say we go with the flaming ninja emblem for the clan emblem. I can't think of anything more fitting for GA than a Ninja... unless there is a Pirate emblem... hrmm...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
when does the clan shit start? when the game is out?

i'm down with the flaming ninja emblem, but maybe we should wait till we see them all ;)

and GA army is a stupid name. someone can come up with something better over the next few weeks.... right?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hrm I thought I had put my name down for this.

In this months issue of EGM, there was a bit of info about the clans. Basically there'll be a set heirarchy, one leader, and his close comrades as the other guys that can let people in, etc. (bit sketchy on the details right now, read it on the subway). Where I was going with this is that we need to have a centralized structure for who will be what and when. I'd hate to have a leader that didn't play anymore, or people that weren't actively recruiting or trying out those that want to be in it. To that end, I am going to throw my name in as a possible candidate for leader. As an admin here I think it would be a natural extension, and I am always available via IRC.

Other good candidates I think would be like, Dopeyfish, op_ivy, siamesedreamer, etc. There are probably better people out there, I am just throwing my name in the hat.

Gamertag: Wellie

Yeah, one clan, up to around 100 players according to EGM. (As Ramirez noted)

I think we should be in it for competition, but, if someone sucks, don't just kick 'em out... I mean it was a blast playing RSC2 for the competition, too bad a lot of you f00's just never even played. I think we have a good amount of skill players here and we coud be serious. Fun can always be unranked games.

Joe

im gonna be split between 2 or 3 clans (including this one) so at first i might not play with you guys but after a few days i'll start to play them evenly. i hope we play serious, ranked clan matches after we sort everything out (unranked games is gonna be fun as hell too).

this is gonna be sick.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i cant wait til the inevitable bitch slapping of the OA clan :D

hgplayer1

I just went to reserve mine at Gamestop. theyre opening at midnight so I should have it first thing. still not sure if Im gonna be able to take a couple days off from work but Im sure Ill jump online for a few games that night. Nov 9 is my Bday too but I dont have any kinda plans except to play Halo as much as possible. so is anyone else planning to be online for like a day straight when it comes out?

if we get enough people in the clan we should be able to fill a nice big game with just clan members and duke it out to get a grasp on how good we'll be. I dont remember ever doing that in SOCOM but then again I wasnt there for a lot of the SOCOM meetings. are you guys thinking about doing something like this?

im gonna be split between 2 or 3 clans

ummmm

Yeah, one clan, up to around 100 players according to EGM

Ramirez

I prolly won't be online until I beat the single player,don't want some random doofus spoiling the story for me...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Someone needs to start a list now and cap it at 100 people; if there's more start a second clan.

I'm in; gamer tag is "Lyte Edge." :)

I get the feeling this is all I'm going to be playing online come November 9th. Sorry Outrun 2, KUF, SvC Chaos, and MK. :(

Mr. Lemming said:
Okay here is a list of names I culled from this thread... I may have missed some people or there wasn't a gamertag I picked up on at a glance.

As of right now there are 26 names, so I don't think hitting the 100 name barrier will be an issue.

Gamertag - Forum Name

FrenchMov - FrenchMovieTheme
DopeyFish - DopeyFish
Kusaka - Defensor
Wario64 - Wario64
SaiST - Sai
Malakhov - Malakhov
Truelize - Truelize
Sicher - Mr. Lemming
Sentin3l - shuri
Pedigree Chum - Korrupt3/Pedigree Chum
DMczaf - DMczaf
Cloudystrife - Cloudy
otakugamer - Pachinko
EtheralSpirit - Ghost
AztecaGX - AztecaGX
matrixadw - Matrix
Drey1082 - Drey1082
Op1vy - op_ivy
Malleymal - Malleymal
Jesiatha - Jesiatha
SpeedRazor - SpeedRazor
Wellie - Wellington
SloForce - Slo
Lyte Edge - Lyte Edge
Che Guevara - Fifty
hgplayer1 - hgplayer1

Where the hell is my name?

Mr. Lemming said:
Okay here is a list of names I culled from this thread... I may have missed some people or there wasn't a gamertag I picked up on at a glance.
As of right now there are 26 names, so I don't think hitting the 100 name barrier will be an issue.

Gamertag - Forum Name

DopeyFish - DopeyFish
Kusaka - Defensor
Wario64 - Wario64
SaiST - Sai
Malakhov - Malakhov
Truelize - Truelize
Sicher - Mr. Lemming
Sentin3l - shuri
DMczaf - DMczaf
Cloudystrife - Cloudy
otakugamer - Pachinko
EtheralSpirit - Ghost
AztecaGX - AztecaGX
matrixadw - Matrix
Drey1082 - Drey1082
Op1vy - op_ivy
Malleymal - Malleymal
Jesiatha - Jesiatha
SpeedRazor - SpeedRazor
Wellie - Wellington
SloForce - Slo
Lyte Edge - Lyte Edge
Che Guevara - Fifty
hgplayer1 - hgplayer1

Shit...I didn't read that part dude....my bad! :D

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Mr. Lemming said:

As of right now there are 27 names, so I don't think hitting the 100 name barrier will be an issue.

Gamertag - Forum Name

DopeyFish - DopeyFish
Kusaka - Defensor
Wario64 - Wario64
SaiST - Sai
Malakhov - Malakhov
Truelize - Truelize
Sicher - Mr. Lemming
Sentin3l - shuri
DMczaf - DMczaf
Cloudystrife - Cloudy
otakugamer - Pachinko
EtheralSpirit - Ghost
AztecaGX - AztecaGX
matrixadw - Matrix
Drey1082 - Drey1082
Op1vy - op_ivy
Malleymal - Malleymal
Jesiatha - Jesiatha
SpeedRazor - SpeedRazor
Wellie - Wellington
SloForce - Slo
Lyte Edge - Lyte Edge
Che Guevara - Fifty
hgplayer1 - hgplayer1
Cmdr Solrak - Cmdr. Solrak

You missed my name on that list. Gunstar77, gamertag is Gunstar77

Burger

Does anyone else read GA Army and GA Squad as:

GAy Army and GAy Squad ?

I think a sound mocking is in store for us all. We work hard and we play hard too (queue CC Music Factory)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Burger said:

GAy Army and GAy Squad ?

I think a sound mocking is in store for us all. We work hard and we play hard too (queue CC Music Factory)

Just call it GArmy then.

hgplayer1

Burger said:

GAy Army and GAy Squad ?

even though I didnt hear a LOT of it, I did hear some of that shit from people when we played on SOCOM under the GAF clan tag.

Joe

what sensitivity do you guys play with?

my friends just started bumping up their sens. to get an advantage close up. i wanna know if theres a real advantage to playing with a higher sensitivity.

Rolio

i'd like to be added too please

gamertag: rolio

i've got the game already paid off and xbox live until oct. 1, 2005

Wario64 said:
10? Geez... I used 5 in Halo and I thought that was too sensitive

After a little bit of playtime you get used to it... if I ever end up with a default setup (with sensitivity on 3) the turning speed is sooooo sloooooooooow to me now.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
yeah but thats why its cool, FHUTA is fairly new and niche (right?) it'd be months before they made us change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom