• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, help me decide the fate of...

bumpkin

The copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World I just received. I had 20 someodd dollars in merchandise credit with EBGames to burn, and had been hearing from friends how I need to get this game, so I ordered it last week. However I made the mistake(?) of checking out reviews and forum discussions about the game, and now I'm not sure I'll enjoy the game at all.

Keep in mind, I have never played any version of Animal Crossing, and my DS collection consists of the following:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Love it)
Kirby Canvas Curse (Got bored of it)
Mario Kart DS (Love it)
Meteos (Love it... Sometimes)
Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends (Got REALLY sick of having to tend to it daily)
Polarium (Love it)
Super Mario 64 DS (Love it)
Yoshi Touch and Go (Got bored of it)
Wario Ware Touched! (Love it... Sometimes)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (Love it... Sometimes)

I know there's a lot of people here who dig the game (perhaps I've been missing some of its finer points), so the question I pose is this; Should I keep it or exchange it for something else?

Amir0x

Banned
it's pretty much the worst game ever made. But uh, if you like collecting shit for a few hours every day in tedious A to B errands then it's up your alley

demi

Have you played GCN version?

You didn't like Nintendogs, and Animal Crossing is sort of like Harvest Moon...only there's no actual end.

Dyne

If you're a fan of Nintendo at all and you'll play it online a lot, I'd say it's worth it.

Other than that, get Trauma Center: Under the Knife if your gut says no. That's a fun game right there.

Amir0x

Banned
anyway the correct answer in the end is just open the damn thing since it's sitting in front of you. if you don't like it, return it tommorrow.

If you like to work hard with no results in the end, even when your trying to relax through videogaming, this is the game for you.

bumpkin

demi said:
Have you played GCN version?

You didn't like Nintendogs, and Animal Crossing is sort of like Harvest Moon...only there's no actual end.
No sir, never played AC on the 'Cube. And I didn't hate Nintendogs... I enjoyed the core of the game, I just got sick of having to tend to it daily (feeding, watering, etc.). Mainly because I was deep in other games at the time, so it was irritating having to play the switcheroo everyday for two minutes of care. If I had a DS specifically for the game, I might not have gotten quite as annoyed.

Amir0x said:
anyway the correct answer in the end is just open the damn thing since it's sitting in front of you. if you don't like it, return it tommorrow.
The thing is, if I don't open it, I can just exchange it and get the full purchase price in credit. If it's opened, I'll be lucky if I get 5-10 dollars in credit.

catfish said:
swap it for advance wars.
I've never been big on the AW games. I've heard the true strength in Dual Strike is in the multiplayer, and I don't have any local friends to play against.

Amir0x said:

Ding ding.

Deciding whether or not to play this game based on what people say on a forum is wrong. It's not for everyone, simple as that. Definitely good what it is, but it's not the kind of game everyone will like.

So just try it yourself. (Give it a few days too.)

Beavertown

Garbage
You could always take it back and get the GCN version for $15 or $20, if you have a GCN that is. If not, I say return it and get Trauma Center or Phoenix Wright. Much better games right there.

Link1110

No Phoenix Wright? Sell AC immediately and get it (You might have to throw in some money on EBay, but its absolutely worth it.)

Top Bottom