• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Wherever you are right now, breh. I'm thinking of you.

RIP JC

RFU4x8F.gif

image.php

Cheddahz

Banned
can't make fun of video game people, they're too into their feelings and what not (also sucking dick for any re-release of some game they enjoyed when times were easier growing up)

Vorheez

I've tried my best to combine FUTURE and HNDRXX into one cohesive album with a similar sound. It was difficult, but I think I got a pretty good mix if anyone wants to comment or give it a try. This is what I have:

1. Feds Did a Sweep (great intro that really sets the mood for the contrasting sounds/themes throughout.)
2. Rent Money (this is actually a really nice transition, give it a shot. This is the Future we have always known. Mask on.)
3. Scrape (great fit sonically and thematically between these two)
4. Super Trapper (we gotta know that this is a new "next level" future)
5. Poppin' Tags (super trapping allows him to pop more tags)
6. Lookin Exotic (Poppin Tags has him/her lookin exotic)
7. High Demand (it's taking a toll, everyone wants something, Future's in high demand. Fits better sonically than lyrically)
8. Turn On Me (getting paranoid and losing trust in people. They're using him. Someone's gonna turn on him)
9. Mask Off (fuck it, mask off. He's cornered. Mask on is the super trapper future, and mask off is vulnerable and honest future)
10. My Collection (self reflection through isolation, he's withdrawn and there's no more trust, women have become tools and objects)
11. Comin Out Strong (the struggle of trying to figure himself out. Mask on or Mask Off future? The ending of the song becomes distorted because he's getting high and hallucinating)
12. Hallucinating (in the clouds; things aren't so bad.)
13. I'm So Groovy (got his groove back)
14. Zoom (back to trapping)
15. Massage In My Room (girls everywhere, Mask is on)
16. Flip (best song I could find to transition, it was jarring without it)
17. When I Was Broke (these girls are nothing compared to what he had, thinking about how good of a girl she actually was/is, getting depressed)
18. Solo (he knows he doesn't want to hurt her, but he's fighting with himself and his two personas)
19. Sorry (he let her down, and in turn himself, things will never change. He didn't want to hurt her but he did.)
20. Selfish (hes selfish because although he has hurt people, he still comes out on top and that's what is most important. Gotta finish with a bang too)

The album is an ongoing battle between Future's two personas. I call it FUTURXX lol

...Where's Fetty Wap guys? I'm serious, I loved that dudes sound and song after song was everywhere in 2015. 679 (along with March Madness) pretty much defined that summer for me.

I miss him.

...Where's Fetty Wap guys? I'm serious, I loved that dudes sound and song after song was everywhere in 2015. 679 & March Madness pretty much defined that summer for me.

I miss him.

Dude is pretty much a one-hit wonder at this point. His legacy is the biter who has one hit, and then falls off.

EDIT: 9,666 post!

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Going through my music backlog and also relistening to some classics for fun

Am I alone in thinking Run the jewels 1 is the best ? 2 and 3 are amazing no doubt, but something about 1 is special too me. Also Enter da stage by black moon is sooooo good. And get rich or die trying still bumps hard as fuck.

Still need to listen too:
So It Goes- Rat King
Live In the dentist office- Injury Reserve( loved there second one )
3001: A Laced Odyssey - Flatbush Zombies

OG Kush

...Where's Fetty Wap guys? I'm serious, I loved that dudes sound and song after song was everywhere in 2015. 679 (along with March Madness) pretty much defined that summer for me.

I miss him.

Trust me man. I graduated that July. That whole first half of 2015 was 679, RGF Island, and Future tunes. Brings back memories.

Koozek

Sorry, I don't listen to German Rap.

Interesting bit about the Roots, from that post:
He also spoke about the next Roots album. When asked about the recent Trump election influenced his work, he replied that he felt that critics were bashing the band for their recent dark direction on the last few hours. He said something to the tune of "well, Obama got elected, so what do you guys have to complain about?" His decision to begin recording albums with a political mindset arrived from taking a look back and his contribution to rap, and noting that he didn't want to go down as part of a group that rapped about lyricism or materialism. So he set out making albums like How I Got Over and Undun, because he felt it needed to happen. He spoke about End Game, saying he wanted to return to the style of Illadelph Halflife, but the political leanings slowly creeped into his work. Questlove then mentioned he was about halfway done recording the project, but was stuck on deciding whether to scrap everything and star anew with a more political approach, and after a pause, he said he was probably gonna do that.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom